Thread: Link in email to reply to

Hyperactive Member

Link in email to reply to

Hi...I have a code which I use to email out reports to users which is working fine. I now want to ask them to confirm they have read the reports by replying to an email address.
    I would like a code which will create a link on this text "I confirm I have read the report". So when the user clicks on the link an email is sent to an email address specified.
    I'd really appreciate some assistance with this please. Thanks

PowerPoster

Re: Link in email to reply to

you would need to put a mailto href link into the body html of the email you send, while you can automate to fill the recipient, subject and body, it will still require the user to click send on the email as well
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by westconn1 View Post
    you would need to put a mailto href link into the body html of the email you send, while you can automate to fill the recipient, subject and body, it will still require the user to click send on the email as well
    Thanks how can I automate the recipient, subject and text in body?
    Also is there an easy way when the user clicks on the link to reply for a box to come up for the user to type in their department name which then gets added to the subject?
    Thanks

PowerPoster

the html would be like this for an html anchor
    Code:
    <a href="mailto:test@example.com?subject=Testing out mailto!&body=This is only a test!">Second Example</a>
    you could possibly use a variable to fill the department

a mailto link will only work with an email client, not a web based email service
    on clicking the link a prefilled email message will be displayed so additional information can be added, or existing info can be edited before pressing send
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete