Thread: How many programming communities have closed down? Source website closed

PowerPoster

How many programming communities have closed down? Source website closed

3.63 million programming source materials united development network-pudn.com

http://www.pudn.com/

Upon receiving a request from the Office of the Cyberspace Administration of China, this site contains illegal information and needs to be rectified. The login and registration are temporarily suspended, or this site may be permanently closed
    VB network, source site, one by one, VBGOOD is also dead, CSDN is also dead

Please inform each other of the contact information of the webmaster so that the refund can be processed.
    This site was established in 1998 (it started as a programming salon). After more than 20 years, it may be time to quit. If you want to download the source code in the future, you can go to github or search from Baidu by yourself.

Maybe the author will give you a batch of source code, buy the source code of VB6 for very little money, or ask for free gift, this is also the wealth of society.

who want to buy?

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

Re: How many programming communities have closed down? Source website closed

I think the solution is for all one billion Chinese to leave China or sort it out. Xiaoyiao, your posts...

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by yereverluvinuncleber View Post
    i think the solution is for all one billion chinese to leave china or sort it out. Xiaoyiao, your posts...
    upload to github,maybe the best

PowerPoster

Maybe some administrator thinks I'm selling the source code again.

Why do you always transfer my posts to other sections?
    I just express one means that there is a programming forum in front. Some enthusiasts bought it into a CD, Paid a few dollars in fees. it is a good labor service.

If no one does this, eventually the source code is lost.
    In fact, the best way is to give him all the source code into a, uh, file list.Just like the software download station, each source code has a picture.All source code is standardized and formatted. There are a lot of other source sites that include it.

The perfect source code management. It will rely on various forums and communities. Programming source code website. They automatically do all kinds of backup nodes, and the source code will never be lost.

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

The administrator transfers your posts because:

1. They make no sense in English as your English (or your translator) is so very poor. The result is unreadable.
    2. You post in all the wrong places.
    3. You duplicate posts and replicate the content again and again as if you have nothing new to say.

If you can stop doing the above then all will be well.

Some of your posts are useful or interesting but we don't want to hear you all the time. Perhaps just one a day?

This question was not specific to any one language. You asked a question in the title which I've also wondered. It is not specific to any one language, but is a general programming question. I felt it was a good question, and this is the right place for it. General Developer does not get a lot of use, but the threads that are in this forum tend to be interesting questions.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    This question was not specific to any one language. You asked a question in the title which I've also wondered. It is not specific to any one language, but is a general programming question. I felt it was a good question, and this is the right place for it. General Developer does not get a lot of use, but the threads that are in this forum tend to be interesting questions.
    I only want the VB6 code inside, I don’t want other languages

PowerPoster

The PC era has more or less ended in the last several years.

Most home users get by with phones and maybe tablets, and those have always been passive devices where the users just consume software written by very few.

In corporate settings workers are more likely to use PCs as little more than "terminals" to today's centralized rented-as-a-service applications. I doubt there is very much custom software development being done any more. It still goes on, just far less often than before.

Basically everything but goofball coding and macro scripting has reverted to the equivalent of 1980s levels of participation. As time goes forward this job market may regress toward 1960s levels.

So aside from the Python and JavaScript copy/pasters there just isn't very much programming going on any more. The lack of demand is probably the driving force in forum sites winking out. There are other people out there programming, but in fewer numbers every day.

Frenzied Member

Do you mean that the number of programmers will decrease in the future?

In addition, could you introduce the level of the job market for programmers in the 1960s in the United States?

PowerPoster

I suspect the number of people programming will increase, but mainly using it as an on-the-job secondary skill like typing and writing memos. More or less like MS Office VBA macro coders used to be in the 1990s.

In the 1960s there was very little software to buy or rent. So there was a lot of custom programming going on to support the sciences, engineering, accounting, banking, airlines, and government as well as computer manufacturers who needed to supply operating systems, compilers, etc.

How many were employed as programmers in the 1960s? I can't find any figures for that. My attempts to locate anything meaningful ran afoul of one recent academic or popular article after another claiming that all programmers used to be women but that "history" was covered up, because... patriarchy.

Frenzied Member

If there is a lot of custom programming, maybe programming positions will increase. In addition, there may be a large number of game software development positions in the future (of course, this depends on economic development).

If quantum computers are developed, it is unknown whether the software architecture will be completely changed, which will cause all software to be rewritten.

I hope it will be restored soon, it is a great source of programming resources. China is now the cradle of the development of new technologies and more communities like pudn are needed.