Thread: [vb6] mimic windows 3.11 gui project

Addicted Member

[vb6] mimic windows 3.11 gui project

hello everyone as well as you know i'm fanatic for imitating windows gui for fun and free for the guys to use and edit as the only thing i ask is that if a relevant modification is made be shared, but then i made many of these systems with vb.net but I decided to migrate to vb6 because it does not need .NET so any windows pc can run our mini 32bits interface I want to deploy in the list view the pattern below displaying icons and name as I did in windows 1.0 listing files from the directories.

Name:  windows31-01-11344007.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  39.4 KB

So creating not only the desktop but also the file explorer well I already started the project and configured some things and put it to appear listing files for a txt but that would be bad and slow so I removed it so I thought about using listview with icons but in windows format 3.11

does anyone have an idea or light for this to list files with an icon on top and a name on the bottom of the icon

See My program:
    https://imgur.com/a/VwxuNCZ

PowerPoster

Re: [vb6] mimic windows 3.11 gui project

Quote Originally Posted by LiwisJames View Post
    does anyone have an idea or light for this to list files with an icon on top and a name on the bottom of the icon
    Yes, use an ListView with Appearance set to flat and BorderStyle set to none.