Thread: [RESOLVED] How to remove internet marks on a project item

Resolved [RESOLVED] How to remove internet marks on a project item

Dear VBFormers,

i have a bit a pitfall, that i fell into day while coding my project in Visual Studio.NET 2019, which is the IDE i am using here, like so now even. The error when i try to Build my Project, then calls an error in my project folder, telling me that i have a problem in the main project file, which i have called: MaskSX.vbproj then it's the only problem that i currently have for me to work through, then so. Plus i am using the C# instance of Visual Studio, like then so, okay...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    Richard on the Forum...
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Apr 29th, 2021 at 06:58 AM.
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Re: How to remove internet marks on a project item

This is like, so, the VB.Net forum... There's a specialized forum for c#

Karen Payne MVP kareninstructor's Avatar

Might try PowerShell. In this case the period is the current folder and -Recurse means to do that folder and any sub folders.

Code:
    dir -Path . -Recurse | Unblock-File

I don't follow you, like right about now, even so
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    Dear VBFormers,

i have a bit a pitfall, that i fell into day while coding my project in Visual Studio.NET 2019, which is the IDE i am using here, like so now even. The error when i try to Build my Project, then calls an error in my project folder, telling me that i have a problem in the main project file, which i have called: MaskSX.vbproj then it's the only problem that i currently have for me to work through, then so. Plus i am using the C# instance of Visual Studio, like then so, okay...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    Richard on the Forum...
    There isn't a C# version of Visual Studio, it is just Visual Studio (unless you are talking about one of the older Express versions)

If it was a C# version why would you have a .vbproj anyway as that would require the VB version.

If it tells you what the error is then you could always tell us the same information, otherwise we are just guessing at the underlying problem anyway.

So sorry, i should have updated the thread here then. because now we are using C#, i just came from Fash, Shockwave, VB6 and VB.NET. i was actually got muddled up wih my wording. it's the csproj, file extension i am using, now. Then i am refering to the VS2019 version and also it's the Enterprise Edition, even like that one. Then i am having issues with my switching to the migration of the IDEs, also then.

PowerPoster

Your posts always remind me of some high school test questions where they give you all kinds of information but only some of it is relevant to the problem you are trying to solve, the rest is a distraction - but you consistently just give the distractions.

What is the error message you are getting?

I am guessing that this may be the error he is referring to:

https://ivankahl.com/cannot-process-...ual-c-project/

Well now it's fixed, itself somehow. because of the conversion of the resx file then to become an older version of the file, thus becoming the res file, that now hasn't got an error, as such and then the like, even so. Thanks dudes, it worked all of it's out, then...

Karen Payne MVP kareninstructor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    I don't follow you, like right about now, even so
    Even though you have a solution, here is what I was talking about. First off the original solution removed 'the mark of the web' in a command (cmd.exe) session while that works a better solution is to use Process.Start/ProcessStartInfo coded to not have anything show like in a console window.

Here is a version done in VS2019, C#9 and for those using VB.NET an easy conversion can be done.
    Code:
    /// <summary>
    /// Removed 'mark of the web' from all files in a folder recursively 
    /// </summary>
    /// <param name="folderName">folder to perform the operation on</param>
    public static void UnblockFiles(string folderName)
    {
        if (!Directory.Exists(folderName))
        {
            return;
        }

var start = new ProcessStartInfo
        {
            FileName = "powershell.exe",
            Arguments = $"Get-ChildItem -Path '{folderName}' -Recurse | Unblock-File",
            CreateNoWindow = true
        };

using var process = Process.Start(start);

}

Re: [RESOLVED] How to remove internet marks on a project item

Thanks for the help, here