Thread: Quantum Resonance Magnetic Body Analyzer 52 Reports MINI - error message

Post Quantum Resonance Magnetic Body Analyzer 52 Reports MINI - error message

Each time I click on the one of the tested person name it shows 'Run-time error 13 type mismatch' and the application closes itself. I have to keep creating another new person to the list but then the same error message appears and it closes the application itself. What could be the problem?

Re: Quantum Resonance Magnetic Body Analyzer 52 Reports MINI - error message

You have mismatched datatypes and I'm guessing you don't have error handling in. Does it occur in IDE? Try this in IDE. Go to Tools/Options/General tab and in the "Error Trapping" frame click "Break on All Errors". That should stop the program where the error is. Bottom line you are treating numbers like letters or something along those lnes.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Is it even VB6?.....
    Last edited by Zvoni; Tomorrow at 31:69 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One System to rule them all, One Code to find them,
    One IDE to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
    in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    People call me crazy because i'm jumping out of perfectly fine airplanes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Code is like a joke: If you have to explain it, it's bad

No errors handling in when I open the application. Only the one error.

I don't have access to IDE - Is this an application?

Would the word electret help in anyway? This word appears in the application.

The errors occurs after I input the tested person information:

Vest group:
    *Name:
    *Sex:
    *Birthdate: Thu22/04/2021
    *Height: (cm)
    *Weight: (Kg)
    Telephone
    Mobile:
    Email:
    Department:
    Employment:
    Address:
    Remark:

The asterisk * means I have to input something here.

Do I have to put information in all of the fields?

Shall I change the date format?

The error message seems like coding of some sort?

Do you have the source code of the project or are you talking about a problem with the application as an end-user?

Quote Originally Posted by VBplatform View Post
    The error message seems like coding of some sort?
    Talk about a keen sense of the obvious
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

PowerPoster

Type mismatch as stated above means that data somewhere does not match the type expected. I would expect that both height and weight have to be numeric values and birthdate a valid date. If you are entering that Thu in front of the date as shown then that may be causing the error.

IDE = Integrated Development Environment i.e. vb6.exe when ran in the ide you can see where the errors occur and correct if needed.

If you do not have the IDE then your only course of action is to insure you enter valid data and see if that stops the error.