Thread: Stuff to watch

PowerPoster

Stuff to watch

In these times we face a lot of indoors time yet at the same time not as much traditional new media gets produced for obvious reasons.

I'm not really one for celebrities and actors but Inside of You with Michael Rosenbaum holds my interest now and then. He's gotten pretty good at long-form interviews that get the subjects to open up and be themselves. He also has a backlog of interviews with a wide range of folks you might be interested in.

Name:  Inside-of-You sm.png
Views: 201
Size:  18.0 KB

These tend to run an hour to hour and a half, but you can always stop and resume later since they're on YouTube. And if nothing else it might give you something to leave on as background noise like people used to do with television in earlier times.

The audio podcasts are typically available from Spotify, ITunes, Podbay, etc. etc.
    Last edited by dilettante; Apr 21st, 2021 at 09:37 PM.

PowerPoster

Re: Stuff to watch

Small film, big names, quite a ride. Better than the trailer suggests.

PowerPoster

Here's one that won't be everyone's cup of tea. A short series, 7 stories, interconnected by a thread, and sort of "Twilight Zone" like.

But the overall theme is probably aimed at audiences maybe 55 years old and up.

PowerPoster

There are a couple of YouTube channels that specialize in nostalgia. If you're old enough you may rediscover things long forgotten.

Frenzied Member

Hmmm, I watch all kinds of stuff on Youtube, I already mentioned some stuff in the "what are you listening to" thread. The Geodiode channel has uploaded some pretty good stuff about climates and biomes recently.
    Last edited by Peter Swinkels; Jun 3rd, 2021 at 02:29 AM.

PowerPoster

Here's a quicky from 1979. MCU fans may appreciate the AntMan bit.

PowerPoster

Italian comedy miniseries that has been edited into the weirdest 2-part spaghetti western you've ever seen.

Thin plot, low budget, clunky acting, awkward sound design, goofy special effects, slow paced. Yet the story still seems to move at a nice if relaxed pace, the scenery is decent, and the characters can be quite endearing. Quite... er, "wholesome" I guess, as entertainment out of "Torontowood" goes lately (Hollywood works in Canada these days to evade taxes and unions). Your grandmother would have no problem with it at all.

Comedy? Well, yeah. But this ain't your Blazing Saddles or Legend of Brisco County Jr.

Frenzied Member

talking about Italian and Terence Hill.
    I would recommend any spaghetti western starring Terence Hill and Bud Spencer. actually any movie with those 2.
    one classic that I really enjoy and want to recommend, now, with Terence Hill and Henry Fonda, My Name is Nobody. its a nice movie that also has music made by Ennio Morricone.

PowerPoster

Thanks. Sounds like a good recommendation.

PowerPoster

When life cries for a little sarcasm:

PowerPoster

Before COVID we had:

Sort of "Star Trek on the high seas."

PowerPoster

This might be good:

Set in the 2000s, American Rust takes place in the fictional town of Buell in Fayette County, Pennsylvania, which is in a rural region referred to as "the Valley" of dilapidated steel towns. American Rust focuses on the decline of the American middle class, good-paying manufacturing jobs, and the general sense of economic and social malaise of what has become known as the New Gilded Age.