Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vb7.0【VFB,Visual Free Basic】like Visual Basic6 IDE

Lively Member

Re: 2021-5-9【VFB,Visual Free Basic】vs Visual Basic6 IDE V5.5.6

The debugger is now integrated in version 5.6.0 of VFB.

This is only a preliminary version with Breakpoints , Step by Step , visualization of variables and disassembler

Name:  Dbg.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  45.8 KB
    Last edited by camomille; Jun 26th, 2021 at 01:47 AM.

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

Camomile, do you know who is building VFB? Do you know anything about the speed and progress of development and finally what is your opinion of VFB so far?

(It is nice being able to ask questions about VFB without all the usual garbage responses from xiaoyiao that would swamp the thread, he did VFB a great disservice).

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by yereverluvinuncleber View Post
    Camomile, do you know who is building VFB? Do you know anything about the speed and progress of development and finally what is your opinion of VFB so far?

(It is nice being able to ask questions about VFB without all the usual garbage responses from xiaoyiao that would swamp the thread, he did VFB a great disservice).
    I used VFB for over a year (over 20 versions) to test it, I always criticized it for lack of debugging.

At the time it was entirely in Chinese, not knowing Chinese, I still managed to convert (instinctively) a VB6 program of about 1000 lines written in VB6 which worked perfectly.

The main problem was the debugging because it was necessary to create tips to check the variables (will be fixed in the near future).

My opinion is that the syntax is particular because it is a mix of Basic and C on the other hand the help Contextual IDE is fabulous (it recognizes everything including GDI and GDI +), which makes writing very comfortable.

The latest versions have rendered my test program unusable because there have been a lot of evolutions.

In summary for future development, go your way because you will be all alone with this language, instead turn to Twinbasic which should be finished during 2022 and which will be 100% compatible with VB6.

On the other hand to experiment, VFB is interesting.
    Last edited by camomille; Jun 26th, 2021 at 12:52 AM.

A perfect response, clear and concise. Thankyou.

PowerPoster

Re: vb7.0【VFB,Visual Free Basic】like Visual Basic6 IDE

I am very lazy, and I use automatic translation tools to translate. So a lot of text translation is wrong, and a lot of information is not my true expression

Many people misunderstand my statement and ideas.
    I never wanted to promote him, or get income from him.
    Sales promotion and recommendation are two different words..

The purpose of selling is to promote and sell a charged product.

ust some software that I think is very good. I will share it with you for free. It's just a personal hobby. For example, I think a car is good.It doesn't exist. I'm a car salesman.

Let everyone recommend more good software products, which is purely a technical exchange.

Sometimes I quote this topic in the thread discussing VB6 multithreading. I'm just saying that VfB supports perfect threads and can also generate 64-bit programs, which is a better option, or rather, a new option to try.
    My purpose is not to promote this product. No amount of good multithreading can replace the convenience of VB6.

The main problem is that the administrators have moved the topic to other languages. Destined to be invisible to 99% of the audience.
    Twinbasic, VfB, freebasic, these are the closest IDe to vB6, and the topics and replies to updates about these should be placed in the VB6 topic category. Or no one will ever see it.

It's like an employee who originally earned $10,000. The boss wanted to fire him, so he put him in the most secluded office and reduced his salary to only $1000. There was once a Chinese doctor who used to be a section chief and earned about $4000 a month. Because hospitals often recommend expensive surgery to people who don't need it. He objected, and as a result, he was demoted, and he was not assigned any work in the corridor, and his salary was only $500.

In fact, I think twinbasic is a fee-based software product. Its product introduction, update release and product discussion should be classified in the VB6 section, but we should charge him some advertising fees.

The forum also needs to earn income in order to maintain it continuously.

其实我觉得twinbasic是收费的软件产品,他的产品介绍,更新发布,产品讨应该放在vb6板块分类,但是我们应该向他收取一些广告费
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 10th, 2023 at 05:10 PM.

PowerPoster

Re: Visual Free Basic

Quote Originally Posted by Episcopal View Post
    friend, i'm sorry, but would there be any current version, at least in english? It would be easier for me.
    There is a new version, and you go to test it. The latest version was released on March 6 /2023
    http://www.yfvb.com/soft-48.htm
    Please download and test the latest version of the development tools on this official website.

github ,I haven't updated in over two years. I have hardly used the software in the past two years, and I will try it again.
    I will upload the latest version to him when I have time.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by camomille View Post
    I used VFB for over a year (over 20 versions) to test it, I always criticized it for lack of debugging.

At the time it was entirely in Chinese, not knowing Chinese, I still managed to convert (instinctively) a VB6 program of about 1000 lines written in VB6 which worked perfectly.
    On the other hand to experiment, VFB is interesting.
    Thank you very much for your reply and encouragement. In fact, all we need is support and praise. There is no need to pay dollars.Please give more care and encouragement to IDe developers.

It took two years to see your reply. Thank you very much. Many of the features in the English version are not perfect because the author alone has to constantly improve the features.

This is why fee-based products and enterprise operations can grow rapidly, while cooperation also requires a lot of money and recruitment of a lot of developers to achieve.

Focused on desktop software development, aardio has maintained a very active update (update log) for 17 years. It has been used in production project practice for many years, and has been tested and refined for a long time. At its inception, aardio had a well-designed architecture and syntax. For this reason, aardio has been developing rapidly for 17 years, bringing a lot of updates and extensions every year, but still maintaining the original concise and efficient structure and syntax.Even the oldest aardio source code still runs perfectly in the latest version of the development environment without modification. The aardio is small, light, fast, light and agile, with a volume of only 6.5MB and a very low cost of learning and using. Although small, aardio offers a surprising number of open source standard and extension libraries-all of which are implemented in pure aardio code and cover all aspects of desktop programming. All libraries in aardio are basically written by the author alone,So it has good consistency. Aardio has documented every interface function for every library and provides a number of demonstration examples. Using the popular C-like syntax (very close to JavaScript), aardio is designed to be as unobtrusive and unconventional as possible, and to absorb and borrow idioms from the popular language. Many aardio users have said that as long as there is a little programming foundation, aardio almost does not need special learning, and it will be used in a few days.

This is also a great IDe invention.After 17 years of development, the author's wife has cancer and is now so distraught that he has little motivation to continue development and may stop updating permanently.
    In many cases, the author is unknown and has no continuous development of income and remuneration. Like one's own child. But Microsoft is in order to make money, so it often throws away some very good works.

https://www.aardio.com/

This is also a Chinese version of the IDE software, but it is also very powerful. Many excellent products are free. Why doesn't he have an English version? Because he never wants to make money.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 10th, 2023 at 05:12 PM.

PowerPoster

https://www.eyuyan.com/eprc.htm
    This is also an IDe similar to the VB6 development tool, the earliest version of which was developed with VB6. It is the closest to VB6, the most powerful, the most convenient to use, the largest number of users, the largest number of forum respondents, a language with the most development libraries. Like web socket, webview, exe plus shell, there are thousands of modules developed by netizens themselves.

Paid software such as twinbasic is welcome to release some technical exchanges on this topic. Of course, if a new version is released every week and the updated content is released here every time, it will really hijack the topic.
    这也是一个类似vb6开发工具的IDe,以前最早的版本它就是用VB6开发的.
    它是最接近vb6,功能最强,使用最方便,用户最多,论坛回复人员最多,开发库最多的一个语言。
    就像websocket,webview,exe加壳,有几千上万个网友自己开发的模块

欢迎twinbasic等收费软件来这个主题发布一些技术交流,当然如果一个星期发布一个新版本,每次都把这个更新内容发布到这里,那就真的是劫持了这个主题

Lively Member

Thank you for these links to these basic Chinese because I am always interested in the exploits of the developers. I moved away from VFB because there is no longer any way to communicate with the author because now a registration is compulsory imposed by China and impossible to register from my country France .
    In addition my antivirus systematically rejects it.
    Despite everything I follow its evolution because it has recently been redesigned but still no debug like VB6.
    Regarding TwinBasic, the 64-bit version is a commercial version, but the 32-bit version will remain free.
    https://twinbasic.com/preorder.html
    V1.0 should be released at the beginning of July 2023 and currently it can already be used in many projects, it has a VB6 => Tb converter.
    To follow on VBForum:
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....inBasic/page35
    To follow on GitHub:
    https://github.com/twinbasic/twinbasic/issues
    To follow on Discord:
    https://discord.com/channels/
    Latest versions:
    https://github.com/twinbasic/twinbasic/tags
    Last edited by camomille; Mar 11th, 2023 at 02:16 AM.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by camomille View Post
    Thank you for these links to these basic Chinese because I am always interested in the exploits of the developers. I moved away from VFB because there is no longer any way to communicate with the author because now a registration is compulsory imposed by China and impossible to register from my country France .
    Perhaps the quickest way is to leave a comment on GITHUB or this post
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 11th, 2023 at 02:23 AM.

I don't understand the reticence of Chinese VB-like product engineers for creating English language versions of their tools and their websites. VB and its derived forms all came from English-speaking roots, the language itself is almost English and requires and understanding of English in order to be able to code. In addition the vast majority of VB associated documentation on the web and in written form is in English.

Assuming those developers are very intelligent and at least partially multi-lingual it seem ridiculous that they have not attempted translation right from the very outset.

When I create my own programs I write them almost exclusively in English as I know it is the one language 90% of users (computer professionals and literates) will be able to understand. I've worked in Belgium, Denmark, South Africa, the US, Latvia and France and in each and every country we have documented in English as it makes sense to do so.

To write VB replacements and associated documentation only in Chinese and failing to keep up to date in English is simply a neglect of duty. It will also banish your product to a corner of the computing world and ensure it fails to achieve worldwide popularity.

My suggestion: push those various authors to do their duty and complete English language versions of their applications and sites, there is no longer any excuse, you have chatGPT to help you with your translations. Get cracking. I am about to do the same with my own software, separating all the text out to separate translation files and allowing translation to other languages to take place using chatGPT.
    https://github.com/yereverluvinunclebert

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

Quote Originally Posted by yereverluvinuncleber View Post
    I don't understand the reticence of Chinese VB-like product engineers for creating English language versions of their tools and their websites. VB and its derived forms all came from English-speaking roots, the language itself is almost English and requires and understanding of English in order to be able to code. In addition the vast majority of VB associated documentation on the web and in written form is in English.

Assuming those developers are very intelligent and at least partially multi-lingual it seem ridiculous that they have not attempted translation right from the very outset.

When I create my own programs I write them almost exclusively in English as I know it is the one language 90% of users (computer professionals and literates) will be able to understand. I've worked in Belgium, Denmark, South Africa, the US, Latvia and France and in each and every country we have documented in English as it makes sense to do so.

To write VB replacements and associated documentation only in Chinese and failing to keep up to date in English is simply a neglect of duty. It will also banish your product to a corner of the computing world and ensure it fails to achieve worldwide popularity.

My suggestion: push those various authors to do their duty and complete English language versions of their applications and sites, there is no longer any excuse, you have chatGPT to help you with your translations. Get cracking. I am about to do the same with my own software, separating all the text out to separate translation files and allowing translation to other languages to take place using chatGPT.
    I have to agree ....... the universal language is English ...... I talked about it here ... https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....=1#post5518864

IndicSoftware created MixLangz in English version .... https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....=1#post5517478

PowerPoster

I guess it's purely an interest in development. After all, a person has been developing a large number of features for 5-8 years, and the more development they feel, the more they cannot finish. If the development is perfect, just like VB5 and VB6, there may be a lot of time to create a complete English document. It is mainly purely a personal hobby, nor is it a commercial activity of a software company that cannot be rewarded. As long as there are several hundred people using this product, they feel that it is good, and they are very satisfied.

I have already made an English version of the IDE, and I am constantly improving it. Those who understand a little Chinese can try it first.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 20th, 2023 at 05:03 AM.

It will receive no traction here at all in the English-speaking world. You might as well close the thread and stop talking about it as no-one will use the product. If you wrote and documented the thing in Klingon it would be equally inaccessible.

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

PowerPoster

Keep at it - good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    It is mainly purely a personal hobby, nor is it a commercial activity of a software company that cannot be rewarded.
    Xiaoyao, my friend, I'll leave my opinion here.

We are in the West, and the software over here is written in English, even my professor who did a postdoctoral degree in Germany worked with German software written in English.

As the person behind VFB donates his time for free, I also think that he cannot be charged for results, as a software structure the size of VFB is a lot of work.

For me, you can continue with the topic open, always informing us of the advances of VFB, it doesn't matter if it is in Chinese, but after a certain advance, it can be converted into English, for sure this will be done by volunteers.

My opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12