Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vb7.0【VFB,Visual Free Basic】like Visual Basic6 IDE

PowerPoster

2023-3-6 vb7.0【VFB,Visual Free Basic】Visual Basic7

Quote Originally Posted by yereverluvinuncleber View Post
    I'd put some money into a kickstarter for this. The VB6 community needs an injection of positivity and these sorts of projects are probably the only way the VB6 community can thrive. VB6 was never FOSS and if a small team can be created and the end result is a tool we can fund by a kickstarter/payment then I'm all for it. I suppose the final cost is the issue and what the kickstarter proposals are with regard to the development schedule and the level of donations required.

The chap has shown something that appears to be working, perhaps a partly working demo tool, a binary could be created that shows the concept in a limited fashion and that might prove to the suspicious that the chap is capable.
    ver:2023-3-6
    https://github.com/xiaoyaocode163/VisualFreeBasic

For the complete software introduction, please open this link and translate
    http://www.yfvb.com/soft-48.htm
    (version 5.5.8,update:2023-3-6)

Visual FreeBasic is permanently free, unlimited, no advertising, no rogue, no implantation, no pollution to the system, green environmental protection, no need to install, no need to deploy the environment, decompression and use.

download Vfb IDE【Visual Freebasic】Like vb6,vb7
    https://www.freebasic.net/forum/view...hp?f=8&t=28522
    The origin of VisualFreeBasic

Since the birth of FreeBASIC for more than ten years, its IDE has been in the state of a code editor, and there is no automated processing. Novices have no way to start except for experienced programmers, and there is no way to know where to start. Until 2015, the FireFly software developed by Paul Squires (nationality: Canada) appeared, which greatly simplified FB programming, so that novices can also use FB to write software.

Although FireFly has brought great progress to FB's IDE, many of them are not satisfactory. So at the end of 2016, Yongfang began to patch FireFly for more than 2 years. Because there is no source code, only DLL combined with plug-in technology can be used. Come to fix it. Researching FireFly also gradually accumulated a lot of experience in IDE.

Patched from FireFly 3.X, it has been very mature after more than 2 years, named VisualFreeBasic 4.X, but because there is no IDE source code, it is impossible to continue to improve and add better functions, so it started in June 2019 from zero At the beginning, I used VFB4 to write VFB5. After 5 months (with experience and imitation, and using a lot of code written for FireFly, I wrote it in a short time. If there is nothing, it is written by Yongfang alone. It is estimated that at least 1 year), a stable test version was released, and VisualFreeBasic5 was born. Programming is endless, life is endless, and improvement is endless. VisualFreeBasic will get better and better.

Many people will question? FireFly 3.X has not been updated for so many years? Yes, there is no update, because FireFly is developed with PowerBASIC, not FreeBASIC, Paul Squith wanted to use FreeBASIC to develop, and started to develop the software named WinFBE in 2017, and it was open source, but the development efficiency was too low. , 3 years later, this software seems to be semi-finished, and only suitable for masters to play, novices can't play at all, and it has seriously deviated from the original FireFly way.
    Name:  VfbIDE_English.jpg
Views: 2434
Size:  59.3 KB
    Name:  vfb.jpg
Views: 2853
Size:  40.0 KB
    The following is the original Chinese for verification (translation software is not accurate):
    VisualFreeBasic 由来

从FreeBASIC诞生十多年来,其IDE一直处于代码编辑器状态,什么自动化处理都没有,除了资深编程高手会用,新手们无从下手,根本无法知道从何开始。直到2015年出现 Paul Squires(国籍:加拿大) 开发的FireFly 软件,极大的简化了FB编程,使新手也可以用FB写软件了。

虽然FireFly给FB的IDE带来了很大的进步,但很多不尽人意,于是在2016年底勇芳开始历时2年多的时间给FireFly打补丁,因为没源码,只能是用DLL结合外挂技术来修补。研究FireFly中也 逐渐积累了做IDE的大量经验。

从FireFly 3.X 修补,改了2年多已经非常成熟,取名为 VisualFreeBasic 4.X ,但由于无IDE源码,无法继续改进,增加更好的功能,于是在2019年6月开始,从零开始,用VFB4 编写 VFB5,历经5个月时间(有了经验和模仿,以及用了以前大量的为FireFly写的代码,才短时间写出来,要是什么也没,因为就勇芳1人编写,预计最少1年时间),出了稳定的测试版,于是 VisualFreeBasic5 诞生了。编程永无止境,生命不息,改进不止,VisualFreeBasic 会越来越好,更上一层。

很多人会疑问?FireFly 3.X 那么多年了,就没更新吗? 是的,没更新,因为 FireFly 是用 PowerBASIC 开发的,而不是 FreeBASIC,保罗·斯奎斯于是想用FreeBASIC来开发,从2017年开始开发名为WinFBE的软件,而且开源,但开发效率实在太低,3年过去了,这软件看上去还是半成品,而且只适合高手玩,新手 根本玩不了,而且严重偏离了原来FireFly的方式。

版本更迭的那些事

VFB5不是凭空出现,是继续前人的智慧,鼎力前行。

FireFly 1.x 2.x 3.x Paul Squires(国籍:加拿大) 开发,只有PowerBASIC 版,无FreeBasic 版
    FireFly 3.7.x FreeBasic 版,Paul Squires 开发
    FireFly 3.8.x 3.9.x 勇芳汉化增强修改版
    VisualFreeBasic 4.0.x 魔改FireFly ,界面上已经看不出来 FireFly 的痕迹了。
    VisualFreeBasic 5.0.x 由VFB4.0 依照FireFly 工作流程编写,兼容FireFly 工程。从5.0开始已经自己掌握源码,不再是魔改FireFly。
    VisualFreeBasic 5.1.x 由VFB5.0 编写(改进内部核心处理代码)
    VisualFreeBasic 5.2.x 完整而稳定,继续自己写自己。
    VisualFreeBasic 5.3.x 支持多国语言、支持皮肤、支持控件编写,所有自带控件带VFB5源码,自由修改,增加和删除控件。
    VisualFreeBasic 5.4.x 支持插件,提供很多实用功能插件,官方提供插件都包含VFB5源码。
    VisualFreeBasic 5.5.x 内置帮助系统和代码提示合为一体,公库和私库分离,可大家参与修公库,云同步公库等。
    VisualFreeBasic 5.x.x (开发中...)内置源码调试器,方便简单堪比VB6(只是不能修改代码继续执行)
    VisualFreeBasic 6.x.x (开发中...)支持跨平台,开发 Linux 版VFB5,没使用系统相关API的工程 Windows 和 Linux 互相可用。
    VisualFreeBasic 7.x.x 头脑风暴中......
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 20th, 2023 at 04:58 AM.

PowerPoster

Re: https://www.radbasic.dev/

Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    I need to second that and reading the responses from radBasicHost it gives little hope and all looks more like "marketing".
    The compatibility will then look like going from VB6 to VB.Net.
    A simple hello world app will look fine but anything going fancy/advanced will fail.
    It will be very hard to develop for free. If this software product is to collect fees, the development that can assure long-term at least is safeguarded go down, Microsoft also is not a day of success.

Visual free basic, which has been developed for six or seven years.Because our work is free, we don't need to buy a license.Can let a lot of VB6 old programmer glow vitality again.
    Maybe the owner of this post is promoting a product that charges a fee, and may have a problem with the content I release, I just hope they see our IDE and can do better than him.

Maybe you will see that you already have such a strong product and give up voluntarily?

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by CreativeDreamer View Post
    I decided to join the kickstart and backed RadBasic for the €75 pledge (Pro version) to try to get it off and running. It would be great to see RadBasic and TwinBasic being developed as replacements to MS Vb6, with both being able to use vb6 source code.
    I wonder if they will both succeed. I hope so. I bought Clarion many years ago, but that seemed to disappear. Wouldn't it be great to see all the old vb6 developers convert their programs to new 64bit code.
    Thanks Carles Royan and Wayne Phillips for trying to get RadBasic and TwinBasic into reality.

Regards Eddie Bole (ex uploader to PlanetVb)
    vfb(visual freebasic),This is a Chinese programmer who spent six years building a free IDE like VB6.
    Supports the development of 64-bit programs.As long as there is enough capital investment, he can also support cross-platform operation.
    [Freebasic] itself is a free and open source compiler. More than a dozen free IDEs have been developed on this basis.Having a powerful compiler is the first important thing.

One hundred percent compatibility with VB6 is likely to become just a new interface.

He promised never to charge a fee and not to buy a license.Of course, if you are interested, you can also donate some money.In fact, what we need most is a person who is interested in him and has two languages, English and Chinese, to help us upgrade the Chinese and English versions together.

We promised that it would never be compatible with VB6, and why should we be compatible with a product that has been abandoned by Microsoft for 25 years?

But the basic grammar and ah module, the principle of class or continuous learning.
    At the earliest time, he used API to operate all the forms or controls, and we also encapsulated it as control attributes and form attributes.

If you want to develop a good tool, first of all you have to pay attention to all the competitors or existing software products for horizontal and vertical comparison. However, in some ways, it surpasses them.If it is a development team of tens or hundreds of people in a company, maybe he can make several times the software products.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Apr 17th, 2021 at 05:12 PM.

PowerPoster

You know I do see something rather ironic in the way that you, Olaf, keep your code, progress and technical methods closed and tightly clasped to your chest, preventing scrutiny and the asking of the sort of questions that you always ask others. This is my main point on this response.

It seems that the positive efforts of others inevitably end up in slanging matches where various parties try to disassemble and even denigrate the work of others without allowing the same open discussion for their own efforts. The poor developer then gets wrapped up into trying to defend his technical capabilities and spends more time arguing than getting on with his projects. Honestly, I know that as soon as any dev answers your questions you will come up with three more that are just as challenging to answer (and you will be perfectly able to defend why) but the end result is that it just drags the discussion down into a quagmire.

Whether you mean to do it or not the result is often the same. Some chaps here react defensively and then are forced to keep their code private to avoid the inevitable slanging match that always arises. I know at least three that gave up publicising or talking about their attempts to recreate/replace VB6 just because of the lead weights that are seemingly attached to these threads, bringing the poor developer down in the process.

My suggestion would be to phrase your technical questions in such a way that they appear as if you want clarification on how things will be achieved instead of always pointedly digging in an aggressive fashion as if you want the chap to fail.

You know a lot can be read into your tone and if a clever chap like you hasn't realised that already and hasn't already taken steps to mollify that tone, then we can be quite sure that your tone is exactly the one that you meant to provide.

My second point is this - I know it is useful to know the answers to certain technical questions but there are ways of asking without bringing the whole shebang down to the inevitable slanging match we always find here on these forums. Can we just not lighten it a bit and give the man some slack?

Or conversely, open your own code to your own magnus opus to some scrutiny?
    I have a lot of dictionary objects, transparent forms, transparent controls, multi-threads, have a lot of reply, and have sent a lot of theme posts. It is often hit by some people ruthlessly. Some are no longer exchanges of counting. If it is Learning and Communication, it is doubtful to my question, then there is no problem, of course, I can't solve it.

Originally, I just simply put some of my experience and ideas up for free.If I lose, no problem, but keep cursing ,Or feel that they are not taken seriously, it will be very unhappy.

vfb IDE,Well, maybe you think I'm challenging you.Or provide a free option, which may hurt the sales revenue of your commercial works.

But for the end user, they just want to have a better product, whether it is free or paid.

We have free office (WPS) in China. Will any of you use it?

PowerPoster

Perhaps because some people have too high, he just puts some questions, just like a leadership simple pointing out your shortcomings or mistakes, you feel greatly insult.

There are also some people with poor technical level who like to point fingers.Many people like to ask all kinds of questions, but they seldom take tests. They're less likely to be tempted by code.If you open source, the core compiler. And the code for the IDE. If someone doesn't believe it, he can modify the code and contribute new functions himself.In any case, we should be pushing, not just deceiving others, and remember that praise is always important.

Vfb IDE, it is free, but it does not open source code, if we want to add some new features, we can write the code to hand it to the author. He doesn't necessarily increase the sexual function, but the success rate is high.Although we did not receive any return for his work, but in any case, this software is not better to use?Other users will also get more convenience.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by OptionBase1 View Post
    This thread is for discussing RadBasic. Please create a new thread or, if there is one, post in an existing "vfb" thread for the product you are continuously yammering about.
    In fact, this product will not constitute any competition, because it is basically the Chinese version.As far as I know, there may be hundreds of Chinese users, but there may be only two or three users in other countries. Just test it once or twice as a download.

But this work is really good to use, but the Chinese people have no idea to turn it into a commercial, he did not consider the international market or facilitate the use of foreigners.

But I am also learning some practices of this post, such as accepting some donations.Although some software products are free, it would be better if the author could receive more fees.

Even VB6 products that charge fees may never be updated after a period of time.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Apr 17th, 2021 at 06:31 PM.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    In fact, this product will not constitute any competition, because it is basically the Chinese version.As far as I know, there may be hundreds of Chinese users, but there may be only two or three users in other countries. Just test it once or twice as a download.

But this work is really good to use, but the Chinese people have no idea to turn it into a commercial, he did not consider the international market or facilitate the use of foreigners.
    It's not about competition, it's about keeping the discussions in this thread on topic. If someone wants to read what you think about the products you are apparently affiliated with or promoting, they should be able to find it in a thread you created for that purpose, not in someone else's thread that has nothing to do with your stuff.

PowerPoster

I wrote a simple programming IDE tool in VB6.
    Feature list:
    1, Create Arbitrary Number form
    .2 use VBS language.
    3, I designed a visual form of their own designers can drag and drop a variety of controls.Supports control arrays.
    Extract the VB6 function or API declaration to the databaseImplement partial code parsing.

There are still some functions that need to be completed.
    4,Turn it into a standalone application.
    5, code intelligence hints have not yet been achieved.
    6. Smart code hints that don't use rich colors and so on.
    7, a number of control containers, the relationship between the upper and lower levels of processing

If the technology is very strong people may be able to develop another month or a week.
    But for most programmers with more than 10 years of development experience, it may take six months to three years.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by OptionBase1 View Post
    It's not about competition, it's about keeping the discussions in this thread on topic. If someone wants to read what you think about the products you are apparently affiliated with or promoting, they should be able to find it in a thread you created for that purpose, not in someone else's thread that has nothing to do with your stuff.
    As long as the product is made, there will be all kinds of competition, there will be all kinds of voices of opposition, as well as exchanges.

In China, as soon as more than ten new cases of pneumonia were found, the whole country was sealed off.But for the United States, they have died millions of people, they are still considering whether to allow wearing masks.
    Fortunately, the disease is not very serious, at least he can develop a vaccine.If he like AIDS infection is incurable, then the earth is really going to be destroyed.

This is just an example of a new product, which will certainly be subject to a lot of questions.Do you think Microsoft is a casual success? Why did he develop VB.NET? Because the competition from Java was too fierce.
    Even within Microsoft, there are many different developers competing for resources and funds.
    Obviously, these are two products that are closely related.
    Support for 64-bit program development, cross-platform running compiler.Highly compatible with VB6

Just like a lot of people looking when they don't like to use win 7 products, xp is enough.
    Win7 and WinW10 have developed strongly enough that users will naturally choose the new operating system.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Apr 17th, 2021 at 06:29 PM.

PowerPoster

I wrote a simple programming IDE tool in VB6.
    Feature list:
    1, Create Arbitrary Number form
    .2 use VBS language.
    3, I designed a visual form of their own designers can drag and drop a variety of controls.Supports control arrays.
    Extract the VB6 function or API declaration to the databaseImplement partial code parsing.

There are still some functions that need to be completed.
    4,Turn it into a standalone application.
    5, code intelligence hints have not yet been achieved.
    6. Smart code hints that don't use rich colors and so on.
    7, a number of control containers, the relationship between the upper and lower levels of processing

If the technology is very strong people may be able to develop another month or a week.
    But for most programmers with more than 10 years of development experience, it may take six months to three years.

PowerPoster

Last edited by OptionBase1; Apr 18th, 2021 at 06:58 AM.

PowerPoster

If a product is to be 100% compatible with VB6, eventually you'll need to exceed it.But the idea is really good.On this basis, a second version can be developed. Completely independent innovation. And the two software are kept updated and upgraded, so that there are two independent products.

If the second product can only import the old version of the vb6 project, this is also very good.

Frenzied Member

Re: Visual Free Basic

You are the worst salesman I have ever seen.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingDataOnly View Post
    You are the worst salesman I have ever seen.
    There is no need for promotion, nor is there any interest. It's just that if you have three, five IDEs over VB6, that's pretty good.

PowerPoster

if radbasic is 100% compatible with VB6 source code,Should be placed in the VB6 plate. This post Should be placed in the VB6 plate.
    Open source that part of the compiler core contentPut it in vb6 codebank。
    If each of our developers can use VB6 or your IDe for a fee, develop components together and make a better IDE.This may allow VB6 to live another thirty to fifty years.

In any case, it is really inappropriate to classify this topic into a place where birds can not be seen.

PowerPoster

Many of us (I guess) run away if they see some texts in Chinese.

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

[arse - redacted]
    Last edited by yereverluvinuncleber; Apr 21st, 2021 at 08:12 AM.

Name:  vfb.jpg
Views: 2853
Size:  40.0 KB
    friend, i'm sorry, but would there be any current version, at least in english? It would be easier for me.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Episcopal View Post
    friend, i'm sorry, but would there be any current version, at least in english? It would be easier for me.
    There is an English version, I will upload a new version in two days.

There is an English version, I will upload a new version in two days.
    Very well I will wait ... I will help to do VFB marketing in my country ...

Lively Member

and why not the other way around !!!!!
    many Chinese love the old vb6 because there is a Chinese language version many of these Chinese users ask on the VFB forum that it be 100% compatible, but this is not the goal of the designer and it will never be !!!
    On the other hand, it is the goal of TwinBasic to achieve 100% compatibility and since it is based on VSCode, it is therefore multilingual.
    This is what it will look like in Chinese version :

Name:  TwinBasicChinese3.jpg
Views: 3465
Size:  46.8 KB
    Last edited by camomille; Apr 28th, 2021 at 10:27 AM.

PowerPoster

http://www.yfvb.com/soft-48.htm (version 5.5.3,update:2021-2-23)

PowerPoster

Visual Free Basic

visualfreebasic,IDE like vb6,I put all the controls and plug-ins to achieve multi-language, language documents single file, in addition to help content, all the other to achieve multi-language, to avoid saying VFB part of the English criticism.

Machine translation, definitely don't twisting, no way, VFB + control + plugin total 7000+ strings, Chinese are knocking in the keyboard, think about it is really horrible, actually I have made so much, even the text is so much. It is not included in the annotation, counting the annotation, and the string is affirmative.

PowerPoster

Re: This forum is why VB6 is still usable today

Quote Originally Posted by wqweto View Post
    Are you the author or part of the team behind VFB?

cheers,
    </wqw>
    Vfb IDE【Visual Freebasic】Like vb6,vb7,Update2021-2-23-freebasic.net

VFB is a free IDE development tool that replaces VB6, and there is no need to pay for commercial use.
    I am just a fan of VB6, and I rarely use VFB, but only a small number of cases require 64-bit, or high-performance computing will use it.
    However, I have been learning from him, and even forced the author to develop a new version to achieve more functions.
    He didn't write my name on it because of the features I proposed or the toolbox added.
    Just like a movie script, you also contribute.
    This software has been continuously developed for 6 years, and it is relatively the best version of WINDOWS to replace the VB6 tool.
    It's a pity that the author did everything possible to make the Chinese version, and there are still many problems with the English version.

The second (WinFBE Editor) is to also support LINUX cross-platform development.
    WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.2.0 March 26, 2021)-freebasic.net
    https://www.freebasic.net/forum/view...hp?f=8&t=25215

2021-4-28 test result: the English version is not yet perfect
    1. The new project is still in Chinese
    2. The code search on the right is all in Chinese
    3. The tools software list menu is in Chinese
    4. Half of the EDIT menu is in Chinese (comments, code formatting)
    5. The new construction is all in Chinese
    6. The prompt text of the control icon is in Chinese
    7. The prompt text of the control event is in Chinese
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Apr 29th, 2021 at 11:51 PM.

PowerPoster

Just like the Windows XP system, there were a lot of users in that year. In the end, we still have to upgrade to the win seven system and the win ten system.

The same good development tools, can also be part of the replacement for VB6, after all, or almost the same syntax.

PowerPoster

twinBasic has had over 250 downloads of its Developer Preview

RAD Basic is on Kickstarter

IndicSoftware have an IDE with a VB-like language

and possiblyVisual Free Basic

It was someone who first raised this issue, and I just made a response.
    Some of them have not yet been developed into tools, and they are charging there.As for those paid advertisements, you should really take care of them.

There are also many programming tools available for a fee.

I'm using this. It is free itself, and the other one is cross-platform and free.

The promotion does me no good, and I don't receive a penny.
    There is only some software that can partially replace VB6

It's just that this tool has been out for six years and few foreigners have used it so far. No, two hundred and fifty, maybe only two.

No other purpose, just hope to continue VB6, easy to use.

It is not a product, but a hobby, which produces a work of art.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Apr 30th, 2021 at 06:30 AM.

PowerPoster

In theory, VB6 fans will never disappear without this forum. Probably half or more people don't know about this forum at all.

Had such forum, can let VB6 life longer.
    In China, this programming language is no longer included in the scope of the computer grade examination.
    python Replaced him.

And a programming language that's 15 years old.(E language), Chinese programming.
    The Chinese have never wanted to occupy the global territory of programming languages.So its English version is of little or no use.

It's like WPS replacing office. Microsoft was too strong and we didn't have a chance.

It is the biggest power that easy language exists only, that also is to have a very good forum, have hundreds of thousands of individual to reply everyday.

Forum can continue for decades, but also to survive, mainly on the advertising costs.
    This has nothing to do with Microsoft's official developers.

PowerPoster

about:We VB6-ers are often Microsoft haters in that the companies' later products and more recent design methodologies have taken a turn for the worse but the fact that this part of the forum won't die is a testament to one of Microsoft's most rock solid products that it ever made.

In fact, the author of VfB is very similar to your idea, because he is also a serious fan of VB6.It took him six years to develop the product, with a cumulative investment of hundreds of thousands of dollars.If such an IDE programming tool is developed for enterprises, it may cost $1 million to $5 million.

We can't find a job with VB6 in China.
    Freebasic official forum has a lot of free programming IDE, is relatively easy to use is two.

That's all I'm saying. Maybe some places have deviated from the theme, sorry.

If any of you go and test this software. That would be really nice.
    VB6, there's a replacement.

In the field of recycling basic, we have a tool that really belongs to the outdoor problem, but no one knows.
    Because it itself is a free, do not need to use any money can be negative software.
    It's free shareware.
    His biggest shortcoming is that he does not have a forum. All of our technical temperature is in the QQ chat group. There was no chance to ask any other questions that day.
    Search engines can't find it.
    So his biggest shortcoming is that he has not formed an effective forum community and question system.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Apr 30th, 2021 at 07:14 AM.

PowerPoster

Well, let's not let this thread get too sidetracked by one sole version of the competition to replace VB6. TwinBasic is making progress but RADBasic is making progress too. My hopes were for a community-driven effort to recreate VB6 - component by component but this group of highly competent programmers would rather fight each other viciously rather than agree to sit down to recreate what VB6 does so well.
    This is the case, now there are many development tools that have been almost like VB6The problem is that good software is not known at all.Many people are just an idea that can't be realized at all. For example, the B4A Android development tool is as simple as VB6. There is also a powerful technical design like our forum.
    Want to realize it to still need professional software company to spend him really a few years ceaseless aggrandizement IDE function.

sharpdevelop Is a point net development of small tools, unfortunately, not updated for many years.There are also many errors when running.
    As long as he is the online version, five years ago and ten years ago are all right.

Addicted Member

His biggest shortcoming is that he does not have a forum. All of our technical temperature is in the QQ chat group. There was no chance to ask any other questions that day.
    Search engines can't find it.
    So his biggest shortcoming is that he has not formed an effective forum community and question system.
    That is a shame xiaoyao.
    The images you post look very impressive.
    I think though that until it's got an English language version it will never catch on outside China and maybe Japan.
    He needs a native English speaker, ideally a programmer who also speaks Chinese to get a truly professional translation.
    I don't know how common those are but a lot of people in the west would have Chinese parents and be native english
    speakers themselves.

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by vbrad View Post
    That is a shame xiaoyao.
    I think though that until it's got an English language version it will never catch on outside China and maybe Japan.
    He needs a native English speaker, ideally a programmer who also speaks Chinese to get a truly professional translation.
    I don't know how common those are but a lot of people in the west would have Chinese parents and be native english
    speakers themselves.
    Important menus if they are translated into English

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by camomille View Post
    and why not the other way around !!!!!
    many Chinese love the old vb6 because there is a Chinese language version many of these Chinese users ask on the VFB forum that it be 100% compatible, but this is not the goal of the designer and it will never be !!!
    On the other hand, it is the goal of TwinBasic to achieve 100% compatibility and since it is based on VSCode, it is therefore multilingual.
    This is what it will look like in Chinese version :

Name:  TwinBasicChinese3.jpg
Views: 3465
Size:  46.8 KB
    how to download it?

Our VFB IDE is free, and you are welcome to advertise your paid software here. There is no competition anyway. As long as it is a good product, it should be charged. Do you think I am very polite?

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by vbrad View Post
    That is a shame xiaoyao.
    speakers themselves.
    Not just the English version. It is mainly used by non-Chinese program developers. Only after using it, the original author receives a foreigner's suggestion and criticism (but don't speak too intensely), he will be very motivated to update, develop more features, and make the English version more usable.
    After all, it is just an ordinary programmer with a low income, who can spend 6 years developing an IDE and update a version every 1-2 weeks. We should encourage him, and we can also give a certain reward.
    However, he only has Alipay and WeChat to Receive unsolicited donations from others, and it is estimated that he will not be able to use it in other countries.
    I suggested that he get a Bitcoin collection link, but he couldn't hear me at all and didn't do it.
    Individuals also need development costs to develop faster.
    If such a product is developed by a commercial company, it may cost $2 million.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; May 2nd, 2021 at 04:52 AM.

PowerPoster

Vfb IDE【Visual Freebasic】Like vb6,vb7,Update2021-4-24 - freebasic.net

Fixed the problem that when the minimum value of the scroll bar control is set to a negative number, the negative value becomes the maximum value when scrolling.
    Fix the window centering function of the control. The selected control is centered separately, and the selected control should be centered in the entire group.
    Fixed the problem that Hscroll control cannot be compiled when the main window is in Chinese.
    Fix the problem that the focus frame is not displayed in the window editing when the code and window editing are split.
    Added side and bottom, in the code editing state, you can choose to hide in the view menu, or click the code text of the code design button to switch the display.
    Added a new mouse wizard template, you can use this to copy the script recorded by [Yongfang Mouse Wizard] to directly generate the software.
    Added a ruler display in the edit area of ​​the window
    Added start group homepage, which is convenient for operation, and the homepage cannot be closed.
    Optimization Switch to window editing to display the window faster.
    Optimization Code function positioning (the current function name is displayed at the top when the code is edited) is changed to delay in real time. Keep dragging the selection code up and down without changing the card.
    Optimization When pasting a control, if it encounters an array control with the same name, it is directly judged as a control array and no longer asks whether to create a control array.
    Optimization Opening the same project after opening multiple VFBs will be prevented from opening.

Fixed the problem that the mouse out event of the BUTTON control is invalid during self-drawing.
    Fixed the problem of misalignment of controls in the window alignment function without compensation under high DPI.
    Fixed the problem that the timer control would be invalid after opening the same window.
    Fixed an error in obtaining the first letter of pinyin, which caused the code prompt to be unable to search for the Chinese code with the first letter.
    Adjust the Miniblink control DLL update to the latest version 2021-3-24, change the DLL name to mb.dll and mb64.dll

5.5.3 2021-2-24
    Fixed the problem that the project and window list labels disappear when the VFB is closed and the VFB is opened next time after using the plug-in.
    Fixed the problem of wrong English letters in the TVN_SetDispInfo event name of the TreeView control.
    Fix the problem of invalid click in the help of project properties and image management.
    Fix the problem that there is no space before the variable member AS in the help making.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post
    Many of us (I guess) run away if they see some texts in Chinese.
    Vfb IDE【Visual Freebasic】Like vb6,vb7,Update2021-4-24
    Postby xiaoyao » May 05, 2020 10:14

http://www.yfvb.com/soft-48.htm (version 5.5.5,update:2021-4-24)

(112) Vfb IDE【Visual Freebasic】Like vb6,vb7,Update2021-4-24 - freebasic.net

The English version has been updated and upgraded, you can test it, although there are still many places in Chinese characters, after all, it is only personally developed and time is limited. He mainly develops more new features and fixes more BUGs. There is no idea of internationalizing him yet. Maybe the perfect English version will take a long time.

This is just a personal work of a fan who is very loyal to VB6. VB6 has no way to add functions, so he has developed an IDE similar to VB6. I hope everyone will encourage you and be euphemistic when commenting. After all, they don’t charge a cent, but Being scolded by others is hard to hear, and it will discourage his development pleasure.
    Praise is always better than criticism, flattering is an art

PowerPoster

Re: VB7【VFB,Visual Free Basic】Like VB6 IDE,Visual Basic

Quote Originally Posted by axisdj View Post
    radbasic will do a live streaming presentation on may 3rd, here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AauNNQeNS4

Please consider supporting this project, as many options as we can have to further our vb6 code base will be great!

thank you
    Welcome to other IDEs similar to VB6, exchange technologies together, like competition, learn from each other, and improve the ease of use of the IDE

PowerPoster

VFB ,NEW version,like Pink theme

PowerPoster

Re: VB7【VFB,Visual Free Basic】Like VB6 IDE,Visual Basic

VisualFreeBasic5.5.6: upadte

Optimization When multiple languages are not checked in the project, the use of vfb_LangString in the code will be directly converted to characters. Avoid compiling errors.
    Optimization Treat multi-language vfb_LangString as a character array to improve execution efficiency. It used to be a function.
    Optimization Multi-language documents are grouped in windows, while retaining the original text, one line of the original text and one line of translation, which is convenient for translating language documents.
    Optimization Multilingualization of plug-ins and controls, all language documents are unified in one file, which is convenient for management and translation.

Lively Member

how to download it?

Our VFB IDE is free, and you are welcome to advertise your paid software here. There is no competition anyway. As long as it is a good product, it should be charged. Do you think I am very polite?
    like all languages of VSCode by the extension :

Name:  VsCodeChinese2.jpg
Views: 2771
Size:  32.4 KB
    Last edited by camomille; May 9th, 2021 at 07:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast