Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2021-5-9【VFB,Visual Free Basic】vs Visual Basic6 IDE V5.5.6

Re: 2021-5-9【VFB,Visual Free Basic】vs Visual Basic6 IDE V5.5.6

The debugger is now integrated in version 5.6.0 of VFB.

This is only a preliminary version with Breakpoints , Step by Step , visualization of variables and disassembler

Name:  Dbg.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  45.8 KB
    Last edited by camomille; Jun 26th, 2021 at 01:47 AM.

Frenzied Member

Camomile, do you know who is building VFB? Do you know anything about the speed and progress of development and finally what is your opinion of VFB so far?

(It is nice being able to ask questions about VFB without all the usual garbage responses from xiaoyiao that would swamp the thread, he did VFB a great disservice).

Quote Originally Posted by yereverluvinuncleber View Post
    Camomile, do you know who is building VFB? Do you know anything about the speed and progress of development and finally what is your opinion of VFB so far?

(It is nice being able to ask questions about VFB without all the usual garbage responses from xiaoyiao that would swamp the thread, he did VFB a great disservice).
    I used VFB for over a year (over 20 versions) to test it, I always criticized it for lack of debugging.

At the time it was entirely in Chinese, not knowing Chinese, I still managed to convert (instinctively) a VB6 program of about 1000 lines written in VB6 which worked perfectly.

The main problem was the debugging because it was necessary to create tips to check the variables (will be fixed in the near future).

My opinion is that the syntax is particular because it is a mix of Basic and C on the other hand the help Contextual IDE is fabulous (it recognizes everything including GDI and GDI +), which makes writing very comfortable.

The latest versions have rendered my test program unusable because there have been a lot of evolutions.

In summary for future development, go your way because you will be all alone with this language, instead turn to Twinbasic which should be finished during 2022 and which will be 100% compatible with VB6.

On the other hand to experiment, VFB is interesting.
    Last edited by camomille; Jun 26th, 2021 at 12:52 AM.

Frenzied Member

A perfect response, clear and concise. Thankyou.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12