Thread: Printing the contents of a specific control

Printing the contents of a specific control

Hello, I have used PrintDocument Class to print my entire form before, is there a way to print just specific controls, instead of the entire form?

thanks

J

Re: Printing the contents of a specific control

You handle the PrintPage event of a PrintDocument and then use GDI+ to print whatever you want. It's completely up to you. If you want to print text then you call DrawString. If you want to print a line then you call DrawLine. Etc. It's completely up to you what you draw and how you draw it, so you need to get whatever information and data you want from that control and draw it appropriately.

If you want to get a better understanding of how WinForms printing works, visit the VB.NET CodeBank forum, sort by Thread Starter, page to threads started by Merrion and then check out his printing tutorial thread.

thanks for the reply..

Could I have one form with 2 buttons, each button prints different parts of the same form?..thanks for your help

Of course. Did you read what I said? You can print whatever you want. You can simply set a Boolean field in the Click event handler of each Button and then decide what to print in the PrintPage event handler based on that.