Thread: The size of the radius of a circle

The size of the radius of a circle

I'm having difficulty with sizing the radius of a circle on a form. On the form that I am working with now when I set radius = 0.3 it is exactly what the circle that I want looks like. My question is, what parameter of the form can I use instead of using 0.3. Because, as I try to code the radius of another form, 0.3 is not the same as 0.3 as my current form.
    What formula can I use for the radius of any circle for relating it to something else on that form?

Fanatic Member

Re: The size of the radius of a circle

VB's circle formula should adapt for the interior scaling (ScaleWidth, ScaleHeight)
    of the Form automatically. SO radius = 0.3 should be the same no matter what size you draw the form.

Quote Originally Posted by mathprof View Post
    Because, as I try to code the radius of another form, 0.3 is not the same as 0.3 as my current form.
    What formula can I use for the radius of any circle for relating it to something else on that form?
    Huh? I haven't the slightest idea what your problem is. Are you talking about two CIRCLES, one on each of two different forms (instead of the 'radius of another form)? If so, what do you mean by 'relating it to something else on that form'?

A sample of your issue would help me to understand...maybe your project, or a scaled down one with your same issue.
    Sam I am (as well as Confused at times).

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by SamOscarBrown View Post
    ... I haven't the slightest idea what your problem is.
    I think, on the Form where it works, he has a userdefined Scalemode of (0,0)-(1,1).

Here is an example, how to ensure the User-Scalemode explicitely (by hand) -
    so this should work on "any Form you copy the Resize-Event to":
    Code:
    Option Explicit

Private Sub Form_Resize()
      AutoRedraw = True: Cls
      Scale (0, 0)-(1, 1) '<- an explicitely userdefined Scale-CoordSys (between 0,0 TopLeft and 1,1 BottomRight)
      Circle (0.5, 0.5), 0.3, vbRed
    End Sub
    HTH

Olaf