Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introducing MixLangz a Visual IDE

Re: Introducing MixLangz a Visual IDE

Phew! Finally completed basic documentation.

The work on documentation is bigger then we expected. But we have completed first milestone and are releasing it.
    --
    From,
    Indic Software

Revolutionary Visual Programming IDE.

Finally we are live!

All interested persons can visit our web site and try out MixLangz and can also buy the Standard Edition of MixLangz.

http://mixlangz.com/
    --
    From,
    Indic Software

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

Well, Avast did not like it one bit. It stated "a monitor program has been found on your system" immediately after installation and the program was sandboxed. That was the demo version.

You may have some DRM element that is pushing out that error...
    Last edited by yereverluvinuncleber; May 15th, 2021 at 04:14 AM.

I have no antivirus other than Windows built-in Security.
    Running Win 10.
    Didn't experience any problem.
    Could open after installation.

Haven't tried anything else so far.

I have run procmon recently and that sometimes causes problems for programs with DRM. I will reboot and retry.

Quote Originally Posted by IndicSoftware View Post
    Finally we are live!

All interested persons can visit our web site and try out MixLangz and can also buy the Standard Edition of MixLangz.

http://mixlangz.com/
    Congratulations ..... you came out ahead ....

Lively Member

no download link on my primary email, try again with secondary email, still no link and still the same message, that's a lie ????????????

Name:  mixlangz.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  49.4 KB

Just use http://mixlangz.com/downloads/MixLangz_Demo_Setup.exe

Tell us what you think about it here, please. I'm not willing to install this even on a VM.

Btw, this lousy strategy of deliberately making a resource scarce is well known BS technique. Usually someone posts in a forum thread a reply with "If you want this super-duper ActiveX control send me a message" and then you get like thousands of "Me too" replies from noobs but the OP is never delivering a link, an installer or the control to anyone. Nevertheless when someone sees a "Me too" reply they cannot understand if the transaction succeeded or all of it was a scam so they keep on trying because it doesn't cost them anything anyway.

cheers,
    </wqw>

Paranoia abounds, I am sure it is just getting lost in the email systems/blockers in the ether as often occurs depending upon your email host. It was delivered to me immediately.

Hyperactive Member

test in virtual machine and work perfect.
    the files appear to be virus-free.
    if I get the mail

wqweto try it once

Thanks.

But coming out ahead is not the thing. We have been on this for a long time.

We are currently working on releasing the Pro Edition.
    --
    From,
    Indic Software

Hi,

We have received a few messages stating that they did not receive any emails.

If you fall in that category. I would advise you to please check in Spam folder.

On experimenting we observed that if we send an email with a direct download link to a file some email providers flat such email as spam.

We are working on what to do about this but till then please check your spam folder.
    --
    From,
    Indic Software

Hi,

We have finally released the Pro Edition of MixLangz.

User of this version can compile their applications and distribute them to their users.
    --
    From,
    Indic Software

Hi,

Now we will be releasing small videos showing various features of MixLangz like Anchors, Panels, etc.

We will cover such features which are probably unknown to VB6 uses.
    --
    From,
    Indic Software

How is the work going? Thank

It is going on well.

One team is in the process of adding support for new languages currently we are working on add support for JS and Lua. We are also streamlining the code editor as a few users brought to our attention a few problems and glitches.

We are planning to start Social media marketing campaign.

We have started working on a new cross platform compiler from scratch. And this is going to be a very slow process initially.
    --
    From,
    Indic Software

Frenzied Member

Perfectly said. I also personally believe that we need to use the best tool available for a task in the market. In my case I prefer using B4A instead of any other mobile development tools when it comes to developing apps for Android platform.

I will just narrate a small incidence. A few years back we started developing a product called AlbumSense (now split into two products AlbumSense and PhotoSense) for a client in VB6. We studied PhotoDemon's code and borrowed quite a lot from it, but as we progressed in our development we started running into problems especially performance related problems in image processing.

So after spending around 4 months on development in VB6. But we had to ditch it and switch to Delphi as it has all the things (read components) that we want. And it was finalized that we want to give one single executable of the software instead of shipping a plethora of supporting libraries (DLLs), etc. with it.

We completed the product development in record time and our client is selling it like hot cakes for a while now.
    Obviously, whether it is VB6, or Delphi, or .Net, or Java, or C++ can be used to complete products similar to your company (desktop-apps), it only depends on the technical level of the development team and development costs.

Maybe you can try Colibrico-Software, it was developed by someone in this forum with pure VB6 + RC5.

Each company's situation is different, and they will choose the appropriate technical solution according to their own company's actual situation. Your choice of Delphi is obviously a wise choice. But we can imagine such a situation:

The main developers of a company are VB6ers, and their core developers are not only VB6 experts, but also RC5/RC6 experts. In addition, this core developer may be the company's development manager or even the company’s boss. So if this company will develop a product similar to yours, what technical solution will they choose? There is no doubt that they will choose VB6 + RC5/RC6.

However, at this time, a heart-warming person kept telling the boss of this company that you should use Delphi or .NET, which is better than VB6. Even if you explain your company's situation to this enthusiastic person, he still babbles repetitive words, what will you do?

In addition, some people can only develop simple products even if they use the latest development languages ​​and technologies. 99% of C# developers are not competent for the development of compilers and IDEs. (Similarly, 99% of VB6 and Delphi developers are not qualified for this job)

And these people who can only develop some simple products are keen to compare which development language is better.

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingDataOnly View Post
    Maybe you can try Colibrico-Software, it was developed by someone in this forum with pure VB6 + RC5.
    That is interesting to know. I will check it out soon.
    --
    From,
    Indic Software

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingDataOnly View Post
    The main developers of a company are VB6ers, and their core developers are not only VB6 experts, but also RC5/RC6 experts. In addition, this core developer may be the company's development manager or even the company’s boss. So if this company will develop a product similar to yours, what technical solution will they choose? There is no doubt that they will choose VB6 + RC5/RC6.

However, at this time, a heart-warming person kept telling the boss of this company that you should use Delphi or .NET, which is better than VB6. Even if you explain your company's situation to this enthusiastic person, he still babbles repetitive words, what will you do?
    I actually belonged to this category of being a VB6er. But one has to think rationally when it comes to business.

We have stopped using VB for a long time now except for maintenance of existing software products because they are still fetching money.

Do you thin TwinBasic is being developed due to VB6ers emotions and attachment? Think again.

TwinBasic was being developed as a part time project for many years now, but now-a-days its developers are devoting full time on it and developing an excellent product at a very feverish pace!

Why?

Because there is a very big business opportunity in building this product and making it 100% compatible with VB6.

Just imaging if only 10% of VB6 developers around the world paid for this product, it would amount to how much revenue for years to come?

Then there are other BASIC language compilers like PowerBasic, PureBasic, BlitzBasic, etc. that also have a very large number of developers. But all these compilers do not have a descent and easy to use visual IDE. I think these developers will also convert to TwinBasic once it is ready.

When one put all these factors in front and perform a bit of math, one can see the market size and its capitalization possibilities.

By the way we are also going to buy TwinBasic down the line.
    --
    From,
    Indic Software

PowerPoster

Is Mixlangz able to use ActiveX components (reference OCX files)?

Currently no. You cannot use them at design time.

You can use ActiveX controls by creating them programmatically.

The reason for not having support for ActiveX in IDE is because MixLangz is going to be cross platform in near future. And OSs like Linux and Mac OS do not support this technology (COM) out of the box.

And it seems Win11 will remove support for COM gradually. I am saying this because currently DCOM is not fully supported in Win11.

Please check this official DCOM page. It clearly states that this technology will be discontinued in future. And not it seems in Win11 they are phasing that out!
    Last edited by IndicSoftware; Aug 30th, 2021 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Added link to DCOM
    --
    From,
    Indic Software

PowerPoster

I don't think that DCOM is much used (at least I've never used it and didn't see a program that used it -or was aware-). But COM... they would break half of applications is they don't support it any more, so I don't believe they are going to discontinue it anytime soon.

I was going to suggest to you BSPrinter for printing but it is an OCX.

And it seems Win11 will remove support for COM gradually. I am saying this because currently DCOM is not fully supported in Win11.

Please check this official DCOM page. It clearly states that this technology will be discontinued in future. And not it seems in Win11 they are phasing that out!
    Stop spreading FUD, will you?

Neither COM nor DCOM is deprecated in Win11 or are there any plans to do so in the near future.

This is *not* an official link to anything you posted above.

cheers,
    </wqw>

PowerPoster

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/vugen...y_overview.htm
    I didn't read the link the first time.
    Why do you say this is "official"?

That is a page of a software Virtual User Generator (VuGen) from a company "Microfocus" that has nothing to do with Microsoft.

This has nothing to do with MS or availability of COM in the future.
    Please do not misinform.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post
    I don't think that DCOM is much used (at least I've never used it and didn't see a program that used it -or was aware-). But COM... they would break half of applications is they don't support it any more, so I don't believe they are going to discontinue it anytime soon.

Actually all our client server based business solutions are dependent on DCOM and they all have stopped working in Win11. In these solutions we are using Oracle on Win Server OS.

Of course this has given us and opportunity to redevelop these customized solutions using the latest technologies. We have sent proposals to our clients to redevelop them in MixLangz.
    --
    From,
    Indic Software

Please do not misinform.
    I am not interested in spreading any misinformation. I am just relating my current experience.

By the way I have got a lot of other work to do then to spend time in spreading FUD or misinformation.
    --
    From,
    Indic Software

Lively Member

By the way I have got a lot of other work to do then to spend time in spreading FUD or misinformation.
    Including making the download work on your site which DOESN'T WORK!

Actually all our client server based business solutions are dependent on DCOM and they all have stopped working in Win11. In these solutions we are using Oracle on Win Server OS.

Of course this has given us and opportunity to redevelop these customized solutions using the latest technologies. We have sent proposals to our clients to redevelop them in MixLangz.
    Thankfully all our DCOM middle-tier works fine on Win11 so we don’t have to spend effort and money on any new langz.

Why don't you suggest the vbSkinner control as well ?
    "VB code is practically pseudocode" - Tanner Helland
    "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all" - Matt Groening
    "If you wait until you are ready, it is almost certainly too late" - Seth Godin
    "Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see" - Edgar Allan Poe

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Duta View Post
    Why don't you suggest the vbSkinner control as well ?
    I don't know what is the sense of this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoFar View Post
    Including making the download work on your site which DOESN'T WORK!
    Please check your Mail box Spam folder. Generally the emails send from mixlangz.com are landing there.

Here are a few screen shots to show that the whole system works properly.

--
    From,
    Indic Software

Quote Originally Posted by wqweto View Post
    Right.

But this will not work if the user has not registered on our web site as user will require an installation key.
    --
    From,
    Indic Software

Feedback. Found it very hard to place the properties/events and control sections and move them around the IDE. I like to have these components docked and placed as per VB6 as I am familar with this layout.. I found this almost impossible to do. Detaching each section to a separate window was a struggle and a lot of mouse dragging and wiggling to get it to finally detach. To put it back in place? Well, I couldn't do it, so I gave up.

I quite liked the form designer. I think you should have taken more cues from VB6 IDE to make the environment feel compatible.

I did not like having the properties and events sharing the same section. Made both hard to find when you wanted them.

Generally, I think you missed a trick in not making the IDE more familiar and friendly to VB6 users. If the above could be sorted and improved you'd have an IDE that VB6ers could use. It feels like a slimmed-down VB6.

I am still not quite sure what MixLangz is for. If you can program in VB6 then you will have the VB6 environment already. If you prefer Pascal then you will have Lazarus or Embracadero's IDE, almost for certain. If either of these wanted to create a quick and dirty RAD application then they could use Mixlangz but I feel unsure that any Pascalee or VB6er would do so. It appears rather difficult to migrate upward to either environment and in any case VB6 leads itself to RAD development naturally.

I like the idea of Mixlangz but I can't quite place my finger on it's use. It is a worthy effort though. The price is very reasonable.
    If you can enlighten me and let me know for what we should be using MixLangz then I would appreciate the feedback.
    Last edited by yereverluvinuncleber; Mar 13th, 2023 at 12:01 PM.
    https://github.com/yereverluvinunclebert

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12