Thread: How to turn ActiveX Controls in XHTML documents being viewed by current web browser

How to turn ActiveX Controls in XHTML documents being viewed by current web browser

Dear VBFormers,

I am looking to use my website on any web browser. but then came across Microsoft Whitepapers on how to turn on ActiveX in Edge. it's far too hard for me to work with. Can someone help me with my problems with my projects, cheers Richard...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

PowerPoster

Re: How to turn ActiveX Controls in XHTML documents being viewed by current web brows

Forget about ActiveX on web pages, it is totally deprecated and does not work on new web browsers anymore.

PS: it still works with Internet Explorer but you need to allow that in its configuration.

Re: How to turn ActiveX Controls in XHTML documents being viewed by current web brows

But then what about Microsoft Edge, i have real whitepapers on the subject and it's very technical, even then so
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

PowerPoster

From MS Edge FAQ's page:

Does Microsoft Edge support ActiveX controls or BHOs like Silverlight or Java?

No, Microsoft Edge doesn't support ActiveX controls and Browser Helper Objects (BHOs) like Silverlight or Java. If you're running web apps that use ActiveX controls, x-ua-compatible headers, or legacy document modes, you need to keep running them in Internet Explorer 11. Internet Explorer 11 offers additional security, manageability, performance, backward compatibility, and standards support.
    I think that you should realize that there are some technologies that are obsolete and discontinued and won't work anymore.

They are:

• ActiveX for web pages.
    • Adobe Flash
    • Adobe Director

Do no try to use them anymore because you will only have troubles.
    They don't work anymore, accept it.

Try to do the equivalent things with other more current technology.

Sorry for charging this thread of mine