Thread: how create portable my project used ocx,dlls.videos,.. without share files to others?

how create portable my project used ocx,dlls.videos,.. without share files to others?

my language is bad but maybe i can send clear my means.

i want just make portable exe and send to others but i dont want others can access to my ocx or dlls or videos or .... used in my project.
    how can i make exe without need share thats ocxs or dlls or .external files to others systems?

i found some samples about load font from memory from " LeandroA" and he talked about used property page, now any have sample like that to i can put my dlls or ocx in property page or like this and then i can make portable exe without external ocx or dlls?

i know i can use packers or comperessors or ... but any way to do that with vb6 like as memory usage or property page usage or like this and if not possible what is best packers for ocx and dlls or other resources?

for simple examples
    i have a project with mp4 video but i dont want any body can access to mp4 file just played internal in my exe.
    or i have a project and i used xx.ocx and aa.dll now i want make exe and send to cumstomers but no body can access to that ocxs dlls or ..... ?

PowerPoster

Re: how create portable my project used ocx,dlls.videos,.. without share files to oth

Search for manifest SxS.

Re: how create portable my project used ocx,dlls.videos,.. without share files to oth

You only have some basic protection if you embed all needed files including the application itself in a virtual package.
    When using SxS, like Eduardo suggested, your file will all be visible.

A few years ago I used Molebox, but I don’t believe the company who created this exists anymore.
    Alternatives: https://alternativeto.net/software/m...tion-solution/

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post
    Search for manifest SxS.
    i searched but was been too complicated and i dont want share my ocx or dll or mp4 or ... to can visible for others,if this sxs technology can do this please send a simple project
    for example i downloaded
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....=1#post5212143

but its show error to me

MoleBox sources have been made available on Github.
    https://github.com/sudachen/Molebox
    https://sudachen.github.io/Molebox/#...ng-the-package

You can’t use SxS when you don’t want your files available to everyone one the PC
    Last edited by Arnoutdv; Mar 7th, 2021 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoutdv View Post
    You only have some basic protection if you embed all needed files including the application itself in a virtual package.
    When using SxS, like Eduardo suggested, your file will all be visible.

A few years ago I used Molebox, but I don’t believe the company who created this exists anymore.
    Alternatives: https://alternativeto.net/software/m...tion-solution/
    i can use other softwares and talked about it in #1 but i looking for with vb6 itself or if not possible which is best way because i can find many softwared about pack and compress or like this,but i like find vb6 solution for this problem

If you don’t check the links I provided then you can keep waiting for a VB6 only solution.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoutdv View Post
    You only have some basic protection
    I thought that he didn't want to share the ocx and dll in System32 (and/or registry) but perhaps he wanted something else.

PowerPoster

you can put activex dll,stdcall dll,cdecl dll,OCX IN vb6 res file,load and run dll ,ocx in memory.

PowerPoster

For protecting own made ocxs and dlls, if it is not against hackers but for preventing potential normal users from being able to use them, a simple measure is to set a password, some code that you need to set up from the client program first in order for the component to work. If this password is not set, then disable some main features of the component.

For protecting other files, like a video file, it is more tricky, but you can change the file headers (the first bytes of the file) by Xoring them. Then restore the headers in a temp file before use. And of course change the file extension.

Those measures are not intended for experienced hackers but they will keep away most occasional amateurs.
    In fact, absolutely protecting something on a computer is impossible.

PowerPoster

Side by Side (SxS) is about installed libraries. I have no idea why people can't use the proper name Private Assembly instead. Both use Activation Context (ActCtx).

I'm not saying this thread is about malware stealthing, but it may well be about concealing pirated software.

In any case, if this was a legitimate need we'd have one or more ways to accomplish it in Windows already.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Storm View Post
    i searched but was been too complicated
    Some things have some complexity that you need to learn. Otherwise you need a magic wand.