Thread: permanent asynchronous socket connection with external equipment via ethernet

permanent asynchronous socket connection with external equipment via ethernet

Hello, I need to get data from a matrix code reader connected to a PC through the ethernet port and a TCP IP address.
    I set everything up and tried to see if the device works with the Hercules program, and in fact I see the data read,

But I should build an application in vb.net that uses this data, so when a code passes under the laser I should intercept it in my application.

I tried with various sockets but I can't, as long as it is chat it works but capturing the data from the device nothing.

How should I proceed?
    Last edited by visualrenzo; Mar 6th, 2021 at 09:31 AM.

Hyperactive Member

Re: connessione socket asincrona permanente con apparecchiatura estena via ethernet

@visualrenzo
    Please use English when posting, since this is an English speaking forum. If you dont know english lng well like me, use google translate and edit your post and title with english translated content.
    Please dont forget to add good reputation if my advices were useful for you.
    How? Under this post there is "RATE THIS POST" button. Click on it.

permanent asynchronous socket connection with external equipment via ethernet

Quote Originally Posted by VB.NET Developer View Post
    @visualrenzo
    Please use English when posting, since this is an English speaking forum. If you dont know english lng well like me, use google translate and edit your post and title with english translated content.
    Hello, I need to get data from a matrix code reader connected to a PC through the ethernet port and a TCP IP address.
    I set everything up and tried to see if the device works with the Hercules program, and in fact I see the data read,

But I should build an application in vb.net that uses this data, so when a code passes under the laser I should intercept it in my application.

I tried with various sockets but I can't, as long as it is chat it works but capturing the data from the device nothing.

How should I proceed?
    Last edited by visualrenzo; Mar 6th, 2021 at 09:31 AM.

Re: connessione socket asincrona permanente con apparecchiatura estena via ethernet

translation
    Hello, I need to get data from a matrix code reader connected to a PC through the ethernet port and a TCP IP address. I set everything up and tried to see if the device works with the Hercules program, and in fact I see the data read, However, I should build an application in vb.net that uses this data, so when a code passes under the laser I should intercept it in my application. I tried with various sockets but I can't, as long as it is chat they work but capture the data from the device nothing. How should I proceed?
    PS : was still in italian when I posted the translation
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)