Thread: Making page with asp.net app in Iframe responsive

Question Making page with asp.net app in Iframe responsive

I have a webpage, consisting of a title with text image, and a couple of Iframes. That part is ok. Below that there’s an iframe containing an asp.net web app. and below that a copyright acknowledgement paragraph, and below that a php hitcounter.

In Chrome, the layout is good. In my iPhone safari browser, it all starts well until I enlarge the page. When I do enlarge the page, the copyright remains static, as does the hitcounter div. so I’m getting overlapping content in my page.

What can I do to make the page responsive when enlarging?

http://www.scproject.biz/uk_holidays.php

King of sapila

Re: Making page with asp.net app in Iframe responsive

Been a while since I've use asp.net .
    Back then I remember a lot of issues where coming from Safari let alone a combination with safari and Iphone.
    If you can't make an app strictly for phones then the first step would be to get rip of the iframes and pass data with another mean, possible a web service.
    Secondly I'm not sure that setting margins this way ("width:calc(100% - 100px); height:170px) is the best bet. You have a % setting and then you resolve to pixels. That seems strange but it may be valid, I would have used % all the way.
    So anyhow, you may need to distinguished the browser type in a "meta" and act accordingly. Be advised that this changes from year to year so nothing is permanent. Unless of course the phone stays the same.
    Here is a page you might be interested: https://webplatform.github.io/docs/t...ing-css-units/
    Now I'm not sure why you get multiple counter but my best bet is the iframe. I hardly ever used iframes so I can't advice what to do there (i can advice to get rid of it if you can tho).Maybe someone that used them can help.
    Again different mobile and web apps would clear things up but if you can't do that...
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Thanks. The iFrames are non-negotiable, but I’ll have a read of that page later

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Hi Paul,

the problem with IFrames is they are old technology, and full of security holes and so rather than fix them to be fully responsive newer solutions have come up in their place.

If you are using MVC, and really if you are using ASP.Net you should be, then you don't have to use IFrames in order to position or load pages inside pages as you have partial views. I would recommend you at least taking a look at it for future projects.

To fix your current problem may prove difficult but this link may help

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ame-responsive
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

@NeedSoneAnswers - thanks. I’ll see what I can do with that...