Thread: Two deployment issues

Two deployment issues

Hello,

I am using Inno Setup to deploy my application and I am facing two problems with VB.Net application

1. My app in using Access and System.Data.OleDb to deal with the data. Many users are receiving ACE.OLEDB.12.0 not registered on local machine error when launching the application, unless they already have Office installed or they go on download and install Microsoft Engine X64 by themselves. Is there a way to include and register a single DLL in the setup to avoid that? I did include AccessDatabaseEngine_X64.exe in the setup, but I am not sure it works for everyone.

2. Windows Defender is causing some issues on some users computers. They won't allow the install, erase the EXE and so on. Is there a way to have WD to leave my app alone?

Thanks

Re: Two deployment issues

Sorry for the late reply but I just saw this.

1. Yes, you can register DLLs with Inno setup using the "regserver" flag in the Files section.

2. Do you have a code signing certificate? These days you pretty much have to sign all your executables and the installer package. You can try adding an exclusion but I can tell you from experience that those often don't work. WD will nuke the file while the installer is copying it to the hard drive.