Thread: VB.Net WebBrowser an Ajax

Question VB.Net WebBrowser an Ajax

Hi there,

i am pretty new to VB and have the following problem:
    My Application (.net framework 4.7.2) displays a form which displays a Webbrowser Component, displaying a Website without error. Problem starts when i click a button on that page which starts an ajax call. Then nothing happens. Usually an overlay shouls appear on that page, but it does not. An js-alert before the ajax does output text, but not after completion of the ajax-request.
    My Question is: Is it even possible to do Ajax in a Webbrowser component (google says it is), but i cannot find a solution.

Thank you.

Re: VB.Net WebBrowser an Ajax

My guess is that it is failing because you are using the webbrowser component.

Per the documentation (here), it states:
    The WebBrowser control is a managed wrapper for the ActiveX WebBrowser control, and uses whichever version of the control is installed on the user's computer.
    My guess is that the underlying website is using JavaScript, either via a library like jQuery or pure JavaScript, and it isn't supported in the WebBrowser control.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

To further that, the default setting for the WebBrowser control was IE6 compatibility, which I don't think supported ajax. It doesn't matter what version of IE is installed, what matters is the compatibility level. There's some threads around here regarding this. Not all hope is lost though, as it's just a registry setting. Again, there's threads around here on this subject.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

From techgnome's input, this thread may be useful: https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....rowser-Control (posts 1 and 6)
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram