Thread: How to view OCX, DLL and DCR files in embedded Documents, using object and embed tags

How to view OCX, DLL and DCR files in embedded Documents, using object and embed tags

Dear members of this forum,

I am looking to get a HTML Document named for example: MyGame.htm to completely have a OCX or DCR, even a DLL file embedded into the document, that means there will only be one file, the HTML document, and then to have some type of file compression, even. i can have then run side by side, using the object and embed tags. but then they won't be embedded truly, so. Also how am i meant to have then viewable in Microsoft Edge, Safari, Firefox, etc...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Feb 26th, 2021 at 12:02 AM.
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Re: How to view OCX, DLL and DCR files in embedded Documents, using object and embed

HTML doesn’t have methods for including data.
    You can try MHTML (.HTM files on Windows), but these files were very specific for IE
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MHTML
    But I really hope this doesn’t allow embedded OCX files.

Re: How to view OCX, DLL and DCR files in embedded Documents, using object and embed

Why would you not hope for it to embed OCX/DLL/DCR files, then so
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

You are basically starting an application when you open a MHT file when it can have embedded program code.
    That's very scary and I don't think it's possible.

Why do you want to include an OCX file in HTML?
    What's the use-case?

cause of the ActiveX I need to run work with my app, which is a video player. i have the data inside a dcr, but then i have to use the HTML to run with the WebBrowser control, even. Then I really need is a multi channel WebBrowser control, that works by using the current local web browser and then works with that, instead of the just internet explorer, even then so

Yeah, no.... you can't. And for good reason. Think about it, if you could embed your video player, then someone could embed a virus. That's why it's not possible. you can make a reference to it, but the dll/ocx itself cannot be embedded into the HTML. It makes no sense. Even with an ActiveX Exe Document, I don't think it's embedded. It's a security thing. It prevents you from being able to deliver and launch malicious payloads through the web.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

there is also a very good requirement for it to thus be used legal right of way, even also then. Like compression and less space for the project build's folder. so then my way of thinking to remove the build folder, like this for instance: C:\Games\Doom2\Doom2.dcr, then to be like this, even: C:\Games\Doom2.dcr, so then see my point of view, here then hey dudes

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    there is also a very good requirement for it to thus be used legal right of way, even also then. Like compression and less space for the project build's folder. so then my way of thinking to remove the build folder, like this for instance: C:\Games\Doom2\Doom2.dcr, then to be like this, even: C:\Games\Doom2.dcr, so then see my point of view, here then hey dudes
    Better ask Microsoft directly, since no one here has control over how IE is coded.

PowerPoster

No, you cannot embed ocx or dll in a web page.
    In the past, the ActiveX technology worked with Internet Explorer, but the components or plug-ins were not embed in the html file but needed to be downloaded and installed previously.
    That technology worked, and I think it still works with the appropriate security setting in Internet Explorer, but not with other browsers.
    It has important security implications, because as already mentioned, you could do anything in the ActiveX, even a virus.
    It is totally deprecated now. I would not go that route.

does the ie webbrowser control work alongside or even on it's own with the browser app, just wondering