Thread: Can I run a previous version of a click-once app?

Can I run a previous version of a click-once app?

My application is a click-once app, and I have the sequentially numbered versions on a network drive in the Application Files folder. I would like to run a previous version. The most current version is 2.0.0.1777. I uninstalled the app from my local machine and on the network I went into the folder for 2.0.0.1769 and double-clicked on the Appication Manifest file. It installed the application again, but when I went into the Help About menu, it said I was running 1777 still. Can I run a previous version this way? I have been doing a lot of development in one area of my code and now I want a previous version for comparison. Thank you.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Re: Can I run a previous version of a click-once app?

I would assume that if you have enabled automatic updates and there's a newer version available then it will automatically upgrade to that version. I would think that you'd have to have specified that the user has approve an upgrade to be able to run an earlier version. The alternative would be to remove the newer version form the installation folder temporarily.

Re: Can I run a previous version of a click-once app?

So I see that in the root folder, parallel to \Application Files, I have setup.exe. It is timestamped 3/1/2021 9:10 AM which is the date of my last publish.
    The folder \Application Files also has this same timestamp.
    Within \Application Files my most current release is CmsDotNet_2_0_0_1783, same timestamp.
    So I would have to run setup.exe but delete or rename current new version folders stopping at the one I wanted to install?
    We don't do automatic updates; the user is told an updated version is available and it's up to him to say Yes or No.
    I didn't have to go back to a previous revision this time after all, but it's good to know how to do this. So I believe you've answered the question though trying it out will happen another day!
    Thanks.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.