Thread: Error Codes while running an app

Error Codes while running an app

I am trying to run an app with 4 window forms however i get several errors.
    This is a very simple app. Not sure why these errors..... new at this so if anyone can please guide would be great!!!!!

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error BC30002 Type 'Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.User' is not defined. TASK MASTER C:\Users\anshika\source\repos\TASK MASTER\TASK MASTER\vbc 1
    Error BC30002 Type 'Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Computer' is not defined. TASK MASTER C:\Users\anshika\source\repos\TASK MASTER\TASK MASTER\vbc 1 Active
    Error BC30002 Type 'Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase' is not defined. TASK MASTER C:\Users\anshika\source\repos\TASK MASTER\TASK MASTER\vbc 1 Active
    Error BC30456 'ApplicationServices' is not a member of 'Microsoft.VisualBasic'. TASK MASTER C:\Users\anshika\source\repos\TASK MASTER\TASK MASTER\My Project\Application.Designer.vb 26 Active
    Error BC30456 'IsSingleInstance' is not a member of 'MyApplication'. TASK MASTER C:\Users\anshika\source\repos\TASK MASTER\TASK MASTER\My Project\Application.Designer.vb 27 Active
    Error BC30456 'EnableVisualStyles' is not a member of 'MyApplication'. TASK MASTER C:\Users\anshika\source\repos\TASK MASTER\TASK MASTER\My Project\Application.Designer.vb 28 Active
    Error BC30456 'SaveMySettingsOnExit' is not a member of 'MyApplication'. TASK MASTER C:\Users\anshika\source\repos\TASK MASTER\TASK MASTER\My Project\Application.Designer.vb 29 Active
    Error BC30456 'ShutDownStyle' is not a member of 'MyApplication'. TASK MASTER C:\Users\anshika\source\repos\TASK MASTER\TASK MASTER\My Project\Application.Designer.vb 30 Active
    Error BC30456 'ApplicationServices' is not a member of 'Microsoft.VisualBasic'. TASK MASTER C:\Users\anshika\source\repos\TASK MASTER\TASK MASTER\My Project\Application.Designer.vb 30 Active

Re: Error Codes while running an app

Hi Anshikam,

You have several errors of the 'is not defined' variety.
    Error BC30002 Type 'Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.User' is not defined. TASK MASTER C:\Users\anshika\source\repos\TASK MASTER\TASK MASTER\vbc 1
    This is telling you that you've tried to use a variable that it doesn't recognise because you've not defined it with a 'Dim' statement. Or maybe you have... but not in the subroutine or function in which you've used it. If you wish to make a variable Global you need to declare it outside of any subroutine or function.

Also you have several errors of the 'is not a member' variety.
    Error BC30456 'ApplicationServices' is not a member of 'Microsoft.VisualBasic'. TASK MASTER C:\Users\anshika\source\repos\TASK MASTER\TASK MASTER\My Project\Application.Designer.vb 26 Active
    This is telling you that you've tried to use a parameter that doesn't exist. For example...
    Code:
    If Button1.Checked Then
    (Buttons don't have a Checked parameter)

I'm sure someone will explain how to do what you're trying to achieve once you've told us what that is, and given an example or two of your code.

Poppa
    Along with the sunshine there has to be a little rain sometime.