Thread: Lupin ?

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Lupin ?

Anyone else watching the best new drama on TV at the moment?

It's on Netflix and it's French with subtitles which some don't like but It's a great show. (apparently in the US it defaults to the dubbed version which is a shame, not a fan of dubbed dialog)

The only problem with it is they only released the first half of series 1 at the moment and we have to wait another month or two for the second half which is annoying !!
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

Re: Lupin ?

Yes! I was annoyed to get to the end of that episode and find out there weren't more waiting. I find myself watching more and more of these imports on Netflix. IT started with Money Heist (original title Spanish for House of Paper) ... which I just found out will have a fifth and final season!? Anyways... that got me into looking into others. I've been watching some from France, Neterlands, Norway, all over the place. Nearly all of it is better quality than what we're producing domestically.
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

If you really like foreign series have a look at the following:
    Dark [German]
    The Rain [Danish]
    3% [Brasil, Portugese]
    Erased [Japanese]
    Equinox [Danish]
    Ragnarok [Norway]

In the Netherlands we are used to have subtitles, nothing is dubbed to Dutch.

Saw it advertised and was considering watching it. I definitely will now that I have a positive recommendation.

PowerPoster

It was a fun show. Some others you might like if you're OK with subtitles:

Babylon Berlin (German)
    Trapped (Icelandic)
    Case (Icelandic)
    The Lava Field/Hraunið (Icelandic)
    The Break (French/Belgian)
    Mythomaniac (French)

IT started with Money Heist
    Yeah, I have been watching that it's pretty good I am enjoying it. I am about 2/3s the way through the first series.

Some of the foreign series can be hit and miss but you can find some gems in amongst them.

Saw it advertised and was considering watching it. I definitely will now that I have a positive recommendation.
    It's well worth your time, the first episode is quite fast-paced and has the feel of a heist movie almost and it's good, but it really hits its straps from episode 2 onwards.

If you want a good English Drama series to watch that is on Netflix "Line of Duty" is really good, its a series about a police anti-corruption unit investigating "bent coppers"
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

Fanatic Member

If needed, I have the French one (but not yet watched)

"We burn lupins, we even wear the bloody things!"

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/059c29a...c-0454314611a3

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoutdv View Post
    If you really like foreign series have a look at the following:
    Dark [German]
    The Rain [Danish]
    3% [Brasil, Portugese]
    Erased [Japanese]
    Equinox [Danish]
    Ragnarok [Norway]

In the Netherlands we are used to have subtitles, nothing is dubbed to Dutch.
    I'll have to check those out. Ragnarok was really good.
    For the most part sub-titles don't bother me, except that I may miss something on screen while trying to read the captions...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

The Idiot

I watched Lupin the 3rd (the anime) when I was a kid, and a lot. really liked it and still do.
    sure, Lupin is based on Arsène Lupin, the grandfather or Lupin (the 3rd) so its not the same era and a lot has changes in 3 generations.
    but its hard to not compare for someone that watched the anime (that actually has nothing to do with the french original version of Lupin)
    but for me Lupin is that, not the other, as I never read anything or watched anything with Arsène Lupin.

so for me its hard to watch this. but I will give it a try later.

Fanatic Member

Ypu should read the books of Maurice Leblanc, I read them all

PowerPoster

If you want a good English Drama series to watch that is on Netflix "Line of Duty" is really good, its a series about a police anti-corruption unit investigating "bent coppers"
    Didn't find it on Netflix, found it on Amazon Prime. Been on a lot of year, guess I'll try 2012 season.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    I watched Lupin the 3rd (the anime) when I was a kid, and a lot. really liked it and still do.
    I immediately thought of this too:

Lupin is based on Arsène Lupin, the grandfather or Lupin (the 3rd) so its not the same era and a lot has changes in 3 generations.
    but its hard to not compare for someone that watched the anime
    so for me its hard to watch this. but I will give it a try later.
    Don't worry the new series although sort of based upon the books isn't really, its a new story where the main character is inspired by the books.

So the story is new, although it takes bits from the books it doesn't try and re-hash them it's very well done and if you're a fan of lupin there are lots of references and plenty links that will keep you hooked.

PowerPoster

If English language shows are on the table, here are some I've really enjoyed over the past few years:

Comedy
    Detectorists (UK)
    Flowers (UK)
    Gameface (UK)
    Sick of It (UK)
    Episodes (UK/USA)
    Back to Life (UK)
    Back (UK)
    Upstart Crow (UK)
    This Country (UK)
    Black Books (UK) WARNING: Laugh Track
    Friday Night Dinner (UK)