Thread: [RESOLVED] Had to create new account becuase?

Resolved [RESOLVED] Had to create new account becuase?

I don't believe I've ever posted here but I couldn't register under my usual yahoo email address recently because it was already registered and the website wouldn't send me a forgot password email. I checked spam/trash multiple times and tried on multiple days after multiple reset requests. My only guess is that I registered (many) years ago, and never verified my account and it's now in limbo.

If a mod could delete that account (I don't believe it has any posts) so I could change the email address associated with this account to my yahoo address, that would be great. My yahoo email address is the same as my Gmail address except for the domain of course.

Re: Had to create new account becuase?

What probably happened is that you registered back before all the passwords were changed. That caused some people some trouble at the time. As for deleting an account, that isn't something mods can do. You need Steve Jones for that one.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Can a mod change the email address on that other account to a@b.co (or something) so I can (hopefully) change the email address on this account to @yahoo.com?

What is wrong with your brand new shinny account OkieDan? You're up and running aren't you

I can't think of a reason to reinvent the wheel.

No one here has any idea what the other account is since you haven't told us anything

I do not recommend @yahoo for emails.. It is known to cause problems.

You can use the CONTACT US links here to take this conversation off line.
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    What is wrong with your brand new shinny account OkieDan? You're up and running aren't you

I can't think of a reason to reinvent the wheel.

No one here has any idea what the other account is since you haven't told us anything

I do not recommend @yahoo for emails.. It is known to cause problems.

You can use the CONTACT US links here to take this conversation off line.
    1. Nothing wrong with using new account, but I cannot use my preferred email address because the other account is using it.

2. Nothing being reinvented.

3. I didn't want to publicly state my old email address but I assume the person that can delete user accounts on the forum can see email addresses. The account that needs to be deleted has the same email address as the email for this account except it's @yahoo.com instead of @gmail.com which I stated earlier.

4. I've used yahoo for email for roughly 20 years and don't check Gmail account for new email / notifications.

5. I believe I tried the contact form days before original post, but I'll try again through email.

You created the other account on September 25, 2008. Never Posted.

I removed the @Yahoo address so you can reuse it on the new account.

Thank you!