Thread: [RESOLVED] Visual Basic internal update application system

Hyperactive Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Visual Basic internal update application system

I would like to ask you about update options in project properties. I found it today, but I am not sure if its the best way for autoupdating my softwares. Well, I want to update my app every day only if built number is lower than on my server. Should I use this or approach written by myself? What approach is better? Thank you.
    Please dont forget to add good reputation if my advices were useful for you.
    How? Under this post there is "RATE THIS POST" button. Click on it.

Re: Visual Basic internal update application system

This is not a VB.NET question. I have asked the mods to move this thread to Application Deployment.

Re: Visual Basic internal update application system

As for the question, the auto-update functionality you refer to is only available if you use the publishing functionality provided, which uses ClickOnce. It's up to you to decide whether ClickOnce is appropriate for you, so you should do some research on the subject to find out. Automatic updates is one of the biggest advantages of ClickOnce. It does have some limitations but they affect far fewer people than many think. Some people resist using ClickOnce because it won't install to the Program Files folder without any good reason for requiring installation to that folder other than that's what they're used to.

Hyperactive Member

Re: [RESOLVED] Visual Basic internal update application system

Thanks for reply.
    Please dont forget to add good reputation if my advices were useful for you.
    How? Under this post there is "RATE THIS POST" button. Click on it.