Thread: Data base show patern

Data base show patern

I've got to kids that leave jelly and other things on DVDs. So I wrote a simple program to store the movies in and they have access to them. All they have to do is click on the movie from a DBGrid1 which shows all the movies Click on a movie then Click on command Button 1 and movies starts.
    My problem is I have some movies that are 2 or more disk long. To get program to go to next episode in that file without making another files for disk 2 The Command button has this in it.
    Private Sub Command7_Click()
    frmPlayMovie.Show
    frmPlayMovie.Caption = Movies.MovieName.Text + " Playing Now "

frmPlayMovie.WindowsMediaPlayer1.URL = Movies.Category.Text
    Note this is made for 6 and 7 year old kids. Made a screen shot attachment The movie picked is on 3 DVDs From kids view it has to be simple and un complicated. From my view it's just I am new at this. Not that much of an expert of doing things
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Data base show patern

So what is your question exactly?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    So what is your question exactly?

-tg
    If movie has more than 1 dvd to it how do it get it to go to next DVD automatically Example 10th Kingdom is 3 DVD's long The kids I want to only click on the movie.
    Out of a list of almost 300 movies I have 7 that are longer than 1 DVD. So how do it get it to do that just by clicking on the View movie button. after picking movie. The view Movie button already has the following
    Private Sub Command7_Click()
    frmPlayMovie.Show
    frmPlayMovie.Caption = Movies.MovieName.Text + " Playing Now "

frmPlayMovie.WindowsMediaPlayer1.URL = Movies.Category.Text

End Sub
    I can't figure out where or how to make it automatically go to next part of movie. But just in that file.
    for simplistic at this point I have left all names other then textbox names at their default name. When things are done I'll do better customizing.

The movie before 10th Kingdom and after is only one file long. But the 10th Kingdom is 3 files long. I want it to auto go from 1 the next
    Another one of the long playing ones have 16 files to it.
    Once I get this done I want it to remember where it left off on any of those movies just incase they stopped it. But that is later.

If you know a Movie is 3 Disks long, und your Movie Files are named properly, e.g. "Movie-Disk.1.mp4", "Movie-Disk.2.mp4", "Movie-Disk.3.mp4",
    i'd rather look for a "Playlist"-Feature/Property of WMP
    --> https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....laylist-in-vb6
    When the first file finishes, it should automatically start the second etc.
    Last edited by Zvoni; Tomorrow at 31:69 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One System to rule them all, One Code to find them,
    One IDE to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
    in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    People call me crazy because i'm jumping out of perfectly fine airplanes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Code is like a joke: If you have to explain it, it's bad

In short, you'll need some additional info, and will need to know there's more than one file. Then you'll need to start a loop, and look for the additional files to play them automatically. For example, in the database, have a field called "discCount" default it to 1... then for those titles that have more than one, set it properly. then in your click, you would simpply have a loop from 1 to discCount ... or some thing that checks the current disc against the discCount and will move to the next one when the current one finishes playing. I don't know enoungh about the control to know if there is an event that lets you know when one is finished or not. A playlist like Zivoni suggested would also work in this regard.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

tg,
    he could even go with a detail-table in „1:n“-relation
    master-table are the movies itself (name, description, year, etc.) and the detail-table would have the (links to) the movie-files incl. say, a field „order“ (if the filenames are arbitrary
    Last edited by Zvoni; Tomorrow at 31:69 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One System to rule them all, One Code to find them,
    One IDE to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
    in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
    People call me crazy because i'm jumping out of perfectly fine airplanes.
    Code is like a joke: If you have to explain it, it's bad