Thread: [RESOLVED] Apply Ranking

Addicted Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Apply Ranking

Hi.

Wish to apply ranking method to the attached table.

1st Ranking I want to apply in Column K

Apply a ranking (1 being the oldest) to each individual on Overdue status (Column F) For example

Property Manager Gareth will have three tasks in Column D. 380 days, 95days 870 days. The day count column is in Column H. The task with 870days will be ranked no1.

2nd Ranking.

Want to apply a ranking for each manager in column L across their respected region. Example.

5 PM's for region London. The PM's with the oldest o/s task will be ranked 1.

3rd Ranking

Want to apply a ranking for each manager in column M across the whole Region . I.e London, Harlow, Regions. Example

25 PM's for all regions. The PM's with the oldest o/s task will be ranked 1.

Only apply the ranking on Status 'overdue' in Column F. I tried to do all this with conventional excel formula's but it massively slowed down the file in terms of calculating.

sample (2).zip

PowerPoster

Re: Apply Ranking

this looks quite complex, i think if i was to be doing it i would look at using the worksheet as a database table
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Addicted Member

I see. So can't be done by the normal way?

PowerPoster

So can't be done by the normal way?
    what is normal?

there are probably several ways it can be done,
    i was only suggesting using VBA code using ADO to work with recordsets, to be able to use sql queries to return subsets of data in order, using the required criterias for each ranking type
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete