Thread: ListView Not Displaying From Top To Bottom

Hyperactive Member

ListView Not Displaying From Top To Bottom

I am having some issues with listview, I am new to using the listview control as I usually would use a listbox but now require using the listview.

When adding text to listview it is displaying the entries by default next to each other and not like a regular listbox which is what I am trying to do.

So how can I just make it display like a regular listbox from top to bottom and not add them next to each other?

Thanks

Re: ListView Not Displaying From Top To Bottom

Code:
    ListView1.View = View.List
    or
    ListView1.View = View.detail
    you can select either in the designer. you can select also the ascending or descending sorting (property : listview1.sorting)
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)

Hyperactive Member

Thanks Delaney, alright but when I tried using the second line, it said it's "details" not detail, but also, when used.. my text did not appear even though it was supposed to be there and is there when using the first line of code.

What is going wrong with this? My listview background is set to black and my text font color to white and works fine with the first line but not the second.

What is supposed to be displayed in details mode what is the difference between these 2 views?

~Thanks

If you want to know what a ListView looks like in different views then open Windows/File Explorer. The folder list on the left is a TreeView and the file list on the right is a ListView. When the file list is displayed with columns of additional information, e.g. creation time and size, that's Details.

If you want to use the details view, you will need to create columns (at least one for your items) with the according information you want to include (name, age, gender for example)
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)