Thread: List Box/Flexgrid with RichText -Has anyone seen a control like this ?

List Box/Flexgrid with RichText -Has anyone seen a control like this ?

Hello everyone,

Please have a look at this picture. This is a screen shot of a Homoeopathic Repertory Software. I want to develop something like this for another system of medicine.

The region marked 1 appears to be a RichTextBox. But the list of remedies at the bottom, behaves like a Flexgrid. The top line showing the symptom is not clickable.

The region marked 2 is even more strange. This behaves like a list box/Flexgrid. You can switch between left and right column. When you scroll down on the right column, as new items appear at the bottom of the right column, the top overflows into the bottom of the left column.

When you scroll up in the right column, after scrolling to the top, the cursor moves to the bottom of the left column and keeps going up.

Effectively, they behave like a single column.

Has anyone seen any control like this before?
    Any tip, to hook up a new control using the standard controls to get these features ?
    Name:  repertory.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  27.2 KB

Re: List Box/Flexgrid with RichText -Has anyone seen a control like this ?

A better picture
    Attachment 179999

Frenzied Member

The attachment link does not work for me.
    Do you know how to attach a JPG ?
    You have to go into advanced mode, when creating a post. There is a paper clip icon for attaching files

See post 4 in this thread -
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....ActiveX-Filter
    That grid can do all sorts of stuff.
    And the 10Tec installer -
    https://10tec.com/activex-grid/
    OR
    The portable version in my link (in post 4) has tons of examples showing much of what it can do

Also the author of the iGrid has responded well to my queries in the past

Rob
    PS Do you have a link to the Homoeopathic Repertory Software you wish to emulate ?
    Perhaps we can see a trial working.
    PPS I hope the other branch of medicine you will be developing this for, is not Homeopathy, because it is smoke and mirrors.
    Last edited by Bobbles; Jan 25th, 2021 at 09:12 PM.

The attachment link does not work for me.
    Do you know how to attach a JPG ?
    You have to go into advanced mode, when creating a post. There is a paper clip icon for attaching files
    Yes. I think I know. It worked ok in my opening post where i attached a PNG.
    After it was posted, I was not happy with the picture quality and I followed the same procedure to attach a JPG and I don't know what went wrong. Anyway, I think you got the point I was trying to make.

Interesting thread. Thanks for the tip. I have an obsession for making a standalone Exe. I am very happy with Krool's VBFlexGrid. I think I will stick with that.

PS Do you have a link to the Homoeopathic Repertory Software you wish to emulate ?
    Perhaps we can see a trial working.
    It is a very old software. No trial version. Needs a USB Dongle. There are a few Youtube tutorial videos. I will try to post a link.

I hope the other branch of medicine you will be developing this for, is not Homeopathy, because it is smoke and mirrors
    It is not. But I am saddened that there is so much of distrust and misinformation about Homoeopathy.

It appears "there are only two kinds of people in the world -those who swear by Homoeopathy; and those who trash it"

Yakkov

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yakkov View Post
    Hello everyone,

Please have a look at this picture. This is a screen shot of a Homoeopathic Repertory Software. I want to develop something like this for another system of medicine.

The region marked 1 appears to be a RichTextBox. But the list of remedies at the bottom, behaves like a Flexgrid. The top line showing the symptom is not clickable.

The region marked 2 is even more strange. This behaves like a list box/Flexgrid. You can switch between left and right column. When you scroll down on the right column, as new items appear at the bottom of the right column, the top overflows into the bottom of the left column.

When you scroll up in the right column, after scrolling to the top, the cursor moves to the bottom of the left column and keeps going up.

Effectively, they behave like a single column.

Has anyone seen any control like this before?
    Any tip, to hook up a new control using the standard controls to get these features ?
    Name:  repertory.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  27.2 KB
    can you upload this app(hole with its extensions ), just looks like a listview.

Quote Originally Posted by vb56390 View Post
    can you upload this app(hole with its extensions ),
    I can't upload the app. It is a commercial software. It has no trial version to download.

just looks like a listview.
    It is not a ListView; because, it has two "newspaper type" columns. You can scroll up and down, as if they are a single column cut in the middle and kept side by side.

Can also be 2 listboxes, 2 listviews or 2 (rich)textboxes combined in a usercontrol with synchronized scrolling