Thread: [RESOLVED] 10tec IGrid ActiveX - Filter

Addicted Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] 10tec IGrid ActiveX - Filter

I look around for best grid for VB6, I already use lynxgrid (free) and must say..very good though need more improvement
    And I saw modified Lynxgrid from Krool (i guess), improved a lot, but still very open with more tweaks

then I take a look at 10tec Igrid OCX, must say they promise fast and flickerless

But I saw nothing about filtering rows, or records on grid...

Something that lynxgrid capable of.

Anyone knows anything about it ?

Re: 10tec IGrid ActiveX - Filter

Quote Originally Posted by jedifuk View Post
    I think they have this *useless* feature very well developed, probably by popular demand.

You don't need filtering data in the grid when you already have performant filtering in RDBMS (sqlite or Access or MSSQL) *and* somewhat performant filtering in client-side disconnected ADODB recordsets.

Filtering in the grid is the worst performance you can get and this control has already an atypical onus to *sort* the data instead of using ORDER BY in the RDBMS.

cheers,
    </wqw>

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by jedifuk View Post
    I look around for best grid for VB6, I already use lynxgrid (free) and must say..very good though need more improvement
    And I saw modified Lynxgrid from Krool (i guess), improved a lot, but still very open with more tweaks

then I take a look at 10tec Igrid OCX, must say they promise fast and flickerless

Something that lynxgrid capable of.

Anyone knows anything about it ?
    If you knock up an example (and attach it), I would be prepared to look into it.
    Probably most members would not be interested in installing it (so as to be able to run your example)
    Which version are you using ?
    I have been keeping one eye on the iGrid for years, but have been too lazy (happens a lot at my age) to dig into it.

Also if you provide more detail on your needs, I and others, can consider what wqweto has raised.
    Rob

Frenzied Member

If anyone is interested in trying the iGrid from 10Tec (which is freely downloadable from 10Tec web site), and you hate dependencies like I do.
    I believe you can try it out, by running from a portable folder
    (NO INSTALL REQUIRED)
    I hate dependencies.
    The iGrid appears to only have 2 (one of them being an imagelist)
    The official installer, is only registering those 2 dependencies
    I believe I have managed to avoid the need for installing those dependencies by placing them into a child folder in the portable folder.
    There are actually 2 folders in the Portable folder. One for the Main demo(s), and the other for Extra demo(s)
    There are tons of iGrid examples (and Extra examples in the 2nd sub folder)
    If anyone tries those, let me know if I got the above right ?
    I cannot upload the zip to vbforums (I suspect because it contains the 2 OCXs that 10Tec iGrid requires).
    So for those that trust me, here is the link to download it from my Google Drive -
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Di3...ew?usp=sharing
    To build up your trust in me, would it help if I told you that I could not build an OCX, if you offered me 1 Million bucks
    Rob
    PS I have done all of the above to avoid including EXEs in the attached zip (COUGH! the Google Drive link).
    The Trial limitation is a nag screen that pops up occasionally when you are running the compiled program. If you make an EXE, and run that, then a Nag pops up every so often.
    There is no time limit on the trial (just the Nags).
    Thus the installer has nothing to do with that.
    The Nag is built into the iGrid OCX that the portable VBPs are using
    PPS I had to do the above for myself as well, as the flipping installer (for the 750 version) won't install into XP (did I mention I hate dependencies).
    Thus NOW I too can run the examples for the 750 version in my main (XP) PC

Hyperactive Member

Did you ask the developer, Igor Katenov? Send him an email at contact@10tec.com. He's very responsive. The downloadable help documentation is very extensive as well.

Addicted Member

thanks to all, finally i managed to do it..funny things..the filtering process is by hide each row for unmatched comparison with filter data.
    So if you want to filter 10tec grid with 1000 rows, you have to use loop for each row, and if the row doesn't match the filter data, you hide it.
    Something I must give them thumb up, the speed still remains same for 1000 records.
    real real quick ..