Thread: Idea for a new addin to copy / paste control attributes

Hyperactive Member

Idea for a new addin to copy / paste control attributes

I tried some time ago to write a VB6 addin that would allow me to copy some or all attributes to a control at design time.
    Say i have a control that i have set fonts, colour , col count row count etc,
    I wanted to a way to read in all attributes of say a control and store them under that control name, ie (picturebox, textbox,msflexgrid)
    I then have this control set as i need.
    Then say i have a control or array of controls that i want to change attributes with one click ( obviously not the control name)
    I can then select all controls (ie all picturebox's) and from my pop up addin change all attributes that i select.

does anyone already know of some code that does this. otherwise i will try again from scratch.

tks

PowerPoster

Re: Idea for a new addin to copy / paste control attributes

Yes, it can be done.

Where are you planning to store the controls attributes, in INI file(s), in the registry?
    (Keep in mind that some developers don't like to store many things in the registry, anyway I don't know if you are planning to share it).

I would suggest to be able to store more than just one property settings (attributes) for each control type, under a given name. For example "colored texbox", "flat texbox".

Where are you stuck?

You can try to grasp some code from this Add-in.

PowerPoster

Re: Idea for a new addin to copy / paste control attributes

you need make a new usercontrol,if you change a textbox 4 items value:
    Text1.Text
    Text1.BorderStyle
    Text1.BackColor
    text1.ScrollBars

you can save for text_set1 in ini