Thread: pos device,connect control payment success and process

Resolved pos device,connect control payment success and process

hello.i have a pos device and i want design a application with 2 forms and i always form1 doing show and when customer did paysuccess with pos device i want automatic show form2.any body know about how connect pos device to vb and control payment? any sample source code or any help?

Re: pos device,connect control payment success and process

Is this some kind of card-reader POS you are talking about? These use different protocols to transmit status to PC (on the serial port or LAN) so there is no one-size solution that fits them all.

Usually POS provider bank can deliver protocol description on request but you can try searching for something like "INGENICO serial protocol" in your search engine of choice for sample protocol documentation.

cheers,
    </wqw>

my means is not about card reader and i worked with card raders with usb or ... ports many years ago but this is my new experience for use pos system and connect to pos device,can u help me for find some sample vb about how check pay succefulled or customer did pay yet or not? i hv no any document.

Card-reader for customer cards is not what I meant in previous post.

I meant credit, debit or prepaid cards (VISA, MasterCard or whatever bank cards) or contactless/RFID payments (Apply Pay and similar on the phone) accepted by a POS hardware device that is provided by a local bank to the merchant.

Did you try searching for "INGENICO serial protocol" keywords?

cheers,
    </wqw>

i searched before send this new ticket and i worked with com - serial ports or like this but i am doing search for any sample code to worked with pos device.

1-how connect to pos device.
    2-then after connected how get money payed from customer
    3-check payment is succifulled or not and so show form2 or show error.

if you have any sample code to work correct please send here or any body if can or have any sample correct code please send here.

There are different models of POS devices like there are different models of printers for instance. Each different POS manufacturer uses its own proprietary protocol to communicate with the device. It is the local bank that provides the credit card merchant account that usually is able to provide documentation on the protocol for their physical POS devices they are distributing.

Here is INGENICO's protocol description I have implemented: Fibank_POS protocol specification_ECR.pdf

I do have this POS protocol implemented but it is part of a larger project and the code is ~750 LOC but depends on other classes/functions so you will not be able to compile it but only can read the code for reference. Let me know if you need this.

cheers,
    </wqw>

yes i need any sample code and any document about it,i created this thread because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Storm View Post
    yes i need any sample code and any document about it,i created this thread because of it.
    Sorry, I don't have sample code, only production code that you will not be able to compile without support classes which I'm unable to share.

I'm still not sure we are talking about the same POS device -- a credit card/contactless reading device that accepts payments in brick&mortar stores which is leased to the merchant by a commercial bank they have account with.

cheers,
    </wqw>

i am still waiting for find solution in this thread ...

i am still waiting for find solution in this thread ...
    Solution? You don't even mention the model of the device you are interested in.

There is no general "solution" and there is no general "driver" to communicating with bank POS devices. Some use serial ports, some use TCP/IP and some use proprietary cables.

Anyway, good look finding whatever your are looking for!

cheers,
    </wqw>

i am still waiting for find any sample code here.any general codes

Keep waiting ;-)

i am still waiting for find any sample code here.any general codes
    You can search Ingenico site for any general codes.

Doubt anyone of the POS providers is monitoring VBForums.com, so any waiting in here will be most fruitless.

cheers,
    </wqw>

i searched it before post this thread but i am looking for a sample code for example worked with one model and chk community and send receive data from pos device,i have documents about some devices but its not about vb or i have exe programe for different pos models but i have no source code.

for example :

sadad pos device :

saman kish pod device :
    https://pejvaksys.com/arma/uploads/2...-1-768x664.png

pardakht novin pos device :
    https://pejvaksys.com/arma/uploads/2...-2-768x664.png

and .....

but all is exe i have no source code.

but all is exe i have no source code.
    Well, I don't have the sources for "saman kish" neither "pardakht novin" devices but you can wait here some more until these vendors notice this thread if they are willing to share some documentation and any VB6 source codes they are currently withholding.

cheers,
    </wqw>

Quote Originally Posted by wqweto View Post
    Well, I don't have the sources for "saman kish" neither "pardakht novin" devices but you can wait here some more until these vendors notice this thread if they are willing to share some documentation and any VB6 source codes they are currently withholding.

cheers,
    </wqw>
    thanks - that devices is just one of 20 models to i hv exe of theme but still no source code yet.
    still waiting for more help...

When you want to connect a cash register thingy (POS device) to a computer program made with Visual Basic (VB), there's this whole process you gotta follow. First off, you need the computer and the cash register to talk to each other, so you install some stuff (drivers and libraries) that helps them communicate. Kinda like making sure they speak the same language, you know? Once they're buddies, the computer can ask the cash register to handle payments.

It sends over all the payment details like how much and who's paying. The cash register then replies, saying if the payment worked or not. If it's a win, the computer can go ahead and do its thing, like showing another form. But if the payment fails, the computer has to show an error message and maybe try to fix it. The exact steps can change based on the cash register and how the VB program is set up.

Going forward, please check the date of a thread before you reply to it ... This one is over two years old ... The OP either got their answer (I hope) or they abandoned it ... regardless, try to not resurrect older threads needlessly./

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *