Thread: [RESOLVED] Missing jdbc connector in netbeans 12.2?

Lively Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Missing jdbc connector in netbeans 12.2?

Hi,
    I am at the very beginning of java and its enviroment (like netbeans and MySql)

I have written a very simple app just to connect to an existing database at localhost.

I am using NetBeans 12.2 under Windows 10.

I have download the NetConnector from Oracle site (https://downloads.mysql.com/archives/installer/) and installed it without any error. Now, I can see many files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\Connector NET 8.0" so I assume it is installed.

On the other hand, I want to add it to my project in NetBeans, I can not see any .jar file in that path. I was told that I have to add the connector jar file into Netbeans by right clicking "Libraries" folder and select "Add JAR/Folder". When I do that and select the "Connector NET 8.0" folder, it loads many files from that directory but no .JAR files. Because the path has no JAR file in it. Just many dll and other type of files and folders. The folders also has no JAR file in it.

PS: The folder name I see is "v4.5.2" in the Connector NET 8.0 folder. And this "v4.5.2" folder has many dll files as I mentioned above. Just wanted to inform maybe you need.

So I receive "Missing database driver" error (No suitable driver found jdbc/mysql://localhost:3306/demo) when I run my app. Please help...

Thank you...

Lively Member

Re: Missing jdbc connector in netbeans 12.2?

I have found the solution. The driver I have downloaded from (https://downloads.mysql.com/archives/installer/) was wrong. I should have downloaded the "Platform Independent" version instead of Windows version.

Download it, extract it, put any place in your harddrive. Open netbeans, add it your project's tree by right clicking tje Library folder and select "Add JAR/Folder". And locate the Jar file (not the folder) and click "ok". That's it.