Thread: Office 2019 licence

Hyperactive Member

Office 2019 licence

Ok, not strictly VB, but I am sure that there are plenty of people who can assist.

Looking at office 2019, it suggests that there are two ways of licensing the product,
    The first being via a Microsoft account, and the second being just typing in the licence key in the traditional way.

Now if I use the Microsoft account way of licensing the product, each time I use an office product, does it have to be logged into the Microsoft account. If so what happens if there is no internet connection available?

If I enter the key in the tradition way, if I have to re install office for any reason, will the key likely to be rejected as it has been used previously ?

Any other advantages and dis advantages of each method would be appreciated. As having spent £100's on the product, I want to ensure that it works in the way that I want.

Re: Office 2019 licence

The 2 methods are actually:

1. Perpetual License. This method uses a license key and is not tied to a (Microsoft) Office 365 license. You pay once for the license, there is no renewal fee. You still need a Microsoft account to activate the license, but it is not needed once you have it registered, unless you have to re-install.

2. (Microsoft) Office 365 License. This is one you pay for continuously. You get the "latest and greatest" updates, which may or may not actually be the latest and greatest for what you actually want to do. Over the long term, this will cost more. You still need a Microsoft account for this one also.