Thread: [RESOLVED] Is there anyone who have been used a Control in vb6 like DataGridview which in .Net

Lively Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Is there anyone who have been used a Control in vb6 like DataGridview which in .Net

Name:  datagridview.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  17.3 KB

it can add columns as checkbox,button,combobox,textbox,image,etc..

Lively Member

Re: Is there anyone who have been used a Control in vb6 like DataGridview which in .N

and this OGrid control in Microsoft Access
    Attachment 179776

Is there any OCX like this?
    Name:  20210103151407.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  45.1 KB

Lively Member

Re: Is there anyone who have been used a Control in vb6 like DataGridview which in .N

anyone can help ?

PowerPoster

You can check these grid controls to see if anyone can do what you want:

VBFlexGrid

vhGrid

LynxGrid 1 or LynxGrid 2

PowerPoster

i think there is a way to put vb.net ocx on vb6 forms

make a vb.net com dll,ocx,use on vb6 form1.frm
    that's good

If it is acceptable to have it in a separate form, you can load the form via Com interop. I've not embedded a .Net control in vb6 but I know it can be done. Can find the link if its useful

Lively Member

thanks a lot

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by vb56390 View Post
    it can add columns as checkbox,button,combobox,textbox,image,etc..
    The BEST ActiveX grid is TrueDBGrid:
    https://www.grapecity.com/componento...ontrol-activex

Using this grid you can make anythings.
    Last edited by LeoFar; Jan 15th, 2021 at 02:08 AM.

Frenzied Member

If you were to be spending money (TrueDBGrid), you should check out the iGrid from 10Tec
    Much cheaper.
    Fully functional Trial, that never expires (we get nag msgbox instead)
    Tons of examples can be downloaded.
    The author responds well to questions, and if you had a need that it did not meet, he can add it, if it is worthy.
    Rob
    PS it is based on the free SGrid, which they have debugged, and enhanced the .... out of it.
    I use the free SGrid2, which meets all of my (more meager needs)
    Here is a link to the FREE SGrid2 -
    http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/vb..._2/article.asp
    I cannot connect to the 10Tec site for some (very strange) reason.
    I have connected numerous times over the last decade, without problems.
    They freely allow the download of the Trial,that I mentioned above.
    I could get the latest (that I have) to you fairly easily.

Lively Member

thx for reply

Lively Member

thanks for your advise

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    i think there is a way to put vb.net ocx on vb6 forms

make a vb.net com dll,ocx,use on vb6 form1.frm
    that's good
    VB.Net doesn't have a concept like OCX. A control in .Net is just like any other object. You don't need any kind of specialized library to export one. You can export it just as you would any ordinary windowless object.

Also, it is very much possible to use COM Interop to export an entire Form from .Net and use it in a VB6 application and it's actually very easy to do. Siting a .Net Control onto a VB6 Form/Usercontrol however, is something different entirely. I've never explored that but I don't expect it to be easy. I'd advise to implement the entire Form in .Net and export that. It's much much easier to do it that way.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Also, it is very much possible to use COM Interop to export an entire Form from .Net and use it in a VB6 application and it's actually very easy to do. Siting a .Net Control onto a VB6 Form/Usercontrol however, is something different entirely. I've never explored that but I don't expect it to be easy. I'd advise to implement the entire Form in .Net and export that. It's much much easier to do it that way.
    We are using many mixed libraries in our legacy projects - VB6 main EXE with reference to .NET where some UI is implemented as form. Also I've created many .NET libraries with many exposed COM objects for some functionalities that are missing in VB6 and are much easier to implement in .NET.

There is no problem to choose proper projects structure where VB6 app (exe) can use shared VB6 data layer. Same shared VB6 library can be used by the .NET library to get some info that will be shown in the form.

So for the OP the proper approach is what Niya said:
    I'd advise to implement the entire Form in .Net and export that. It's much much easier to do it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by peterst View Post
    Same shared VB6 library can be used by the .NET library to get some info that will be shown in the form.
    I would prefer to keep it simple and not have the .Net side import anything. All the importing would be done from the VB6 side. If I were doing this, I would create a class in .Net with methods that allow you to pass information from the VB6 application and the .Net class would internally create the Form using the information that was passed through the object's methods on the VB6 side. The .Net objects would have no awareness whatsoever that they were being called from a VB6 application.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Fanatic Member

Niya, in my case there was quite complex data management and logic written in VB6 so without way to call back it was unusable. On form shown event it shows initial state, user clicks here and there, .NET "sends" info to VB6 (call sub or function) and gets new info back.

Anyway, that mixed approach works. And it can become more complicated - in .NET form (called by VB6) is shown browser control (CefSharp) which shows some html widgets which are generated by web service, but this is another story. Sounds like total mess but it is fun when you get it working.

Quote Originally Posted by peterst View Post
    Niya, in my case there was quite complex data management and logic written in VB6 so without way to call back it was unusable. On form shown event it shows initial state, user clicks here and there, .NET "sends" info to VB6 (call sub or function) and gets new info back.

Anyway, that mixed approach works. And it can become more complicated - in .NET form (called by VB6) is shown browser control (CefSharp) which shows some html widgets which are generated by web service, but this is another story. Sounds like total mess but it is fun when you get it working.
    lol....this sounds like quite a monster. Yea, things like that can be expected with large-scale production applications and sometimes we can't help but avoid complexity. However, in most cases where the needs are simple, we should always strive to keep things simple.

Lively Member

Re: [RESOLVED] Is there anyone who have been used a Control in vb6 like DataGridview

Thanks for all replied users ,Finally , I choice the FlexCell at now.

Frenzied Member

Re: [RESOLVED] Is there anyone who have been used a Control in vb6 like DataGridview

Quote Originally Posted by vb56390 View Post
    Thanks for all replied users ,Finally , I choice the FlexCell at now.
    FlexCell is an excellent product. Its features are not the most powerful, but it can satisfy most scenarios. In addition, it's extremely cost-effective, and its price seems to be only 10%-20% of other similar products.

Many years ago, I bought a license for farpoint spread for US$800. At the same time, I also bought a set of FlexCell for 300RMB (US$40). Both products performed very well.

I just released a sample on applying COM Interop to mix VB6 and VB.Net. You can check it out here if you're ever interested.