Thread: [RESOLVED] Fil TableAdapter using a parameter shows no data

Resolved [RESOLVED] Fil TableAdapter using a parameter shows no data

Hi,

I have two related tables. 1 table contains books and the other table contains the libraries that own the books. Now I only want to see 1 library with the books. There is a variable called IDGemeente. It is defined as integer. Now I want to fill the Tableadapter with the data using a FillBy query The query is defined like this:

Name:  QB.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  26.8 KB

When I run the program and fill in the parameter, nothing shows up. No error / no data

Code:
    Me.BoekenGemeentenTableAdapter.FillBy(Me.BoekenBewVerwDataSet.BoekenGemeenten, New System.Nullable(Of Integer)(CType(Param1ToolStripTextBox.Text, Integer)))
    Name:  RT.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  15.1 KB

Am I doing something wrong?

Kind regards,
    Dante

PowerPoster

Re: Fil TableAdapter using a parameter shows no data

Code:
    Me.BoekenGemeentenTableAdapter.FillBy(Me.BoekenBewVerwDataSet.BoekenGemeenten, New System.Nullable(Of Integer)(CType(Param1ToolStripTextBox.Text, Integer)))
    To be honest I don't understand, " New System.Nullable(Of Integer)(CType(Param1ToolStripTextBox.Text, Integer))", maybe it's fine I don't know. But there is no need for it,

Code:
    Me.BoekenGemeentenTableAdapter.FillBy(Me.BoekenBewVerwDataSet.BoekenGemeenten, CInt(Param1ToolStripTextBox.Text))
    That how I would do it, if it still doesn't work then simplify it even more,

Code:
    Me.BoekenGemeentenTableAdapter.FillBy(Me.BoekenBewVerwDataSet.BoekenGemeenten, 1)
    You can check if any rows are returned by the FillBy method

Code:
    Dim var as Integer = Me.BoekenGemeentenTableAdapter.FillBy(Me.BoekenBewVerwDataSet.BoekenGemeenten, 1)
    Last edited by wes4dbt; Dec 19th, 2020 at 09:42 PM.

PowerPoster

Re: Fil TableAdapter using a parameter shows no data

dup post