Thread: Desktop "seizure"

Desktop "seizure"

I have been having trouble with my PC lately, where everytime I wake it - I am met with the attached scenerio. I have no idea what to call it except a glitched screen. I usually get it to respond after using CTRL+F5 to force hard refresh. It seems to do with my start bar, because it shows the loading indicator when hovering it, and its of course shrank my screen to 1/4th the size. Unresponsive.
    Photo was taken with my phone so the glare/pixalation is not the issue im talking about. its the taskbar misplacement and the 1990s windows drag effect
    Name:  image0.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  29.8 KB
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.
    See my browser project BeffsBrowser
    Try my new Browser project LightBrowse "A Browser and not much else" Screen Capture with Imgur API

Unless said otherwise (e.g. From one of my projects thus, those are mostly licensed under MIT) - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

Re: Desktop "seizure"

UPDATE I found the error in event logs.

Code:
    The WMI Performance Adapter service terminated with the following error: 
    Unspecified error
    https://gyazo.com/2e0a09f9b09f154355bf17dd9b2b6f7e
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.
    See my browser project BeffsBrowser
    Try my new Browser project LightBrowse "A Browser and not much else" Screen Capture with Imgur API

Unless said otherwise (e.g. From one of my projects thus, those are mostly licensed under MIT) - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

Looks like its time for a re-install.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. -jmcilhinney

are you running any vmWare? They were causing this issue until a recent update.