Hi everyone,
I have not written for some years, I hope you are all well and that you can give me some advice.
I made a VB6 trivia game and still have some loyal customers.
This game runs on a PC and projects Flash animations on the second monitor. Through .txt file I write (for example the ranking) and display the information in the flash animation and vice versa if it is the same animation that gives me an output that I import.
The graphics are very well done as well as the animations.
As we all know, flash is in End of life. Actually Microsoft itself a few months ago assured me that the EOL will concern the web but I fear that the windows update will also eliminate it locally .. so I have to act quickly.
The transition from Vb6 to VB.Net is not looking traumatic to me. I'm already starting to replicate some "key" concepts like the second monitor etc.
My real dilemma is: what can I use as an alternative to flash? WPF? Unity?
I looked on the tube ".Net WPF Game" but I see basic things .. maybe they are just examples and with WPF I can do everything I have described? considering that I have to "interact" with these animations, can you think of an alternative technology to flash but one that is durable?
thank you so much!
Antonio