Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JACMail4 with TLS 1.3

Re: JACMail4 with TLS 1.3

G'Day JAC

I have look at this code a few times in the past and I'm really impressed, having written SMTP servers from scratch mainly in C orig. for IBM OS2 so I know a bit about the protocol !!!

Quote Originally Posted by couttsj View Post
    but not having access to the email contents would make spam filtering next to impossible.
    Content filtering has not worked in 25+ years, that is why our AI powered SMTP servers use WAN fingerprinting and this is has been 100% successful stopping S P A M over 15+ years.

Have you considered writing the emails into a "outlook DB" ?

Then you don't need to re-create a UI to access the Mail, Cal., Notes ... tuples !!!

Just my 2c worth

Frenzied Member

Re: JACMail4 with TLS 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by jg.sa View Post
    G'Day JAC

I have look at this code a few times in the past and I'm really impressed, having written SMTP servers from scratch mainly in C orig. for IBM OS2 so I know a bit about the protocol !!!

Content filtering has not worked in 25+ years, that is why our AI powered SMTP servers use WAN fingerprinting and this is has been 100% successful stopping S P A M over 15+ years.

Have you considered writing the emails into a "outlook DB" ?

Then you don't need to re-create a UI to access the Mail, Cal., Notes ... tuples !!!

Just my 2c worth
    The email service that I use informs me of all spam attempts, so I catalog and trace the source for each of them. Then I report the spam to AbuseIPDB. About 97% of spam is bounced by require_ptr. That is to say that the PTR lookup of the sending IP does not match the A lookup of that domain. About 2% is bounced by black lists, and the remaining 1% is quarantined by vadesecure. It is that 1% that analyzes message content, and the odd false positive can be released.

I have no desire to get involved with Outlook at all.

J.A. Coutts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12