Thread: [RESOLVED] Receiving replies

Resolved [RESOLVED] Receiving replies

I don't know if this is the correct place for the question?

I have been a member for years and have always received an email when someone adds to my post. Just recently the emails have stopped. I have to keep checking the post for responses.

Can someone direct me to the settings page and what it should be set to, so I can get the notifications one again?

Thanks

Sinecure devotee

Re: Receiving replies

Have you checked your spam or trash folder or e-mail filter settings to make sure that e-mail from VBForums isn't being filtered. If other users of the e-mail provider report something similar enough as spam, the e-mail provided may add to the spam filter and you may have to "white list" it to make sure it passes the filter for you.
    "Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment" Robert Benchley, 1930

No mail has been received from the forum and placed into spam or trash directly. I have no setting for my email account to block any incoming mail.

Sinecure devotee

Often whoever provides your email service will automatically try to trap possible spam without you configuring anything. It is based on the users as a collective, reporting things they consider spam, and I assume if enough users identify something, a default rule is used to filter out those items. I don't know that is the case, but if the forum settings haven't changed, then it seems like it has to be elsewhere. You can try adding VBForums specifically to your "white list" to indicate you don't want those filtered, even if the provider filters them by default.

As far as settings on the forum, I answered that when you asked the question before.
    Hit the Settings menu at the top right of the forum to get to your settings page.
    On the left side, select General Settings.
    In the Messaging & Notification section, I have "Receive Email from Administrators" checked
    And below that for "Default Thread Subscription Mode" I have "Instantly, using email" selected.

If your settings are the same for the forum, then I would look at your email settings and it wouldn't hurt to add VBForums to your white list.
    "Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment" Robert Benchley, 1930

I noticed that Post #4 had a date/timestamp of 12/12/20 at 10:31 PM. I did get an email notification for this post with a date/time stamp of 12/13/20 at 6:25 AM. I believe that Passel and I are in the same time zone. This is the first notification I have received in a long time.
    I check the settings as described in post #4 and they match. I will review yahoo to see about "white listing"

Thanks for the update.

The time stamp is from the Site's Server......

You will NOT get an email from the site if it detects you are online at the site.

It wouldn't hurt if you enabled the option-> Receive Email from Other Users

Switching to a @GMail.com account will also help.

I have updated my settings. I have not yet changed my email to gmail. I never knew that you MUST be logged of from the forum to receive messages.

Thanks for the advice and information.

I will close this thread.