Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Thread: The US fragile democracy Exposed

PowerPoster

Re: The US fragile democracy Exposed

Bidener's Remorse is beginning to set in hard:

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Bidener's Remorse is beginning to set in hard:
    Err what has that video got to do with Biden at all??

And what the hell is the "self-identified left"

You seem to be the main person who has remorse that Biden won, but you had that before the election was even settled.

It seems to be you prefer a guy like Trump because he is publically anti-globalisation and talks about returning jobs to America from overseas. The fact that he lies through his teeth when he says these things doesn't seem to matter to you.

The fact that Trump would happily overturn a fairly run election to remain in office, doesn't seem to matter to you.

The fact that Trump would happily turn America into Modern day Russia, and idolizes Putin because of the absolute power he holds doesn't seem to matter to you.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

PowerPoster

All Trump did was try to get an honest accounting of the votes. And that never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    All Trump did was try to get an honest accounting of the votes. And that never happened.
    I'm 100% convinced dilettante is trolling you guys for a good laugh. There is no way an intelligent person could actually believe this lmao.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    I'm 100% convinced dilettante is trolling you guys for a good laugh. There is no way an intelligent person could actually believe this lmao.
    I mentioned that about 10 pages ago
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

All Trump did was try to get an honest accounting of the votes
    Name:  Lol.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  50.8 KB

Nice one!
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

You may well be right but I am gonna follow up anyway just to check

Soooo, in order to get that honest accounting of votes, Trump went to court and filed and lost 86 lawsuits contesting election processes, vote counting, and the vote certification process in multiple states.

Do you think that those judgements gave him that honest accounting?

In all those lawsuits his team refused to enter any concrete accusation of Fraud at all, however every time his team went on TV that was all they could talk about. Do you think there is any dichotomy of position here?

Is its reasonable to shout Fraud as loudly as possible on TV and yet enter zero evidence of it in Court where you have to have actual evidence to present?
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

PowerPoster

I think those courts stuck fingers in both ears and "la-la-la'ed" through what little testimony was allowed to be given, and no evidence was ever examined. "Kangaroo court" is the term, I believe.

Nobody but a tiny fringe population segment actually wanted Trump in the first place, but amazingly he did a creditable job helping prepare us for what's to come. He's now little more than a pustulous symbol though. You can't escape how ugly a figure he is as a human being.

But as it turns out it doesn't matter a lot. The changes are already upon us and all Biden can do is twist and turn and scheme... and impose austerity at home until he hangs himself politically once and for all. Globalism is fading, the post-WW II Order is unraveling. That leaves the UK a poor relation, hat in hand. EU states will be in even worse shape with perhaps the exception of France. China is over. And on and on. The Cold War has been over for 25 years and Americans will no longer finance it.

The demographic inversions that made welfare states possible are what will destroy them. Domestically, the Biden strongholds are in much the same boat. The fear of that is exactly what has driven pushes to expand immigration.

PowerPoster

I'm 100% convinced your wrong. Even intelligent people can be delusional. He can't scrape up any evidence to support his theory but it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    I'm 100% convinced your wrong. Even intelligent people can be delusional. He can't scrape up any evidence to support his theory but it doesn't matter.
    Naw...he likes upsetting liberals. He likes it when our hair is on fire.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    Naw...he likes upsetting liberals. He likes it when our hair is on fire.
    I'd say so, except for the "he likes" part.

Dil, I hope there is something in this world that actually makes you happy. I have no idea what it might be, but I hope there's something out there.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

Dil, I hope there is something in this world that actually makes you happy. I have no idea what it might be, but I hope there's something out there.
    A while back he was posting clips from a TV show he liked. Can't remember the name.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    I think those courts stuck fingers in both ears and "la-la-la'ed" through what little testimony was allowed to be given, and no evidence was ever examined. "Kangaroo court" is the term, I believe.
    The fact is that you have no evidence of that whatsoever. You may as well be an out and proud Trump supporter. Trump made claims and numerous courts shot them down but you still believe the claims. Nothing has changed since Trump said "if I don't win the election then it was rigged" because if there actually was an audit now and it didn't find that there was significant fraud or other irregularities then Trump, his supporters and the likes of you would simply claim that that was rigged too. You have successfully made yourself immune to facts and logic. Congratulations, you're an extremist.

Your "clever" turn of phrase about "Bidener's Remorse" it utter BS and your ilk just making stuff up too. I'm not American and so didn't vote but, if I had, I'd have voted for Biden knowing full well that he was not the candidate that I wanted but certainly the candidate I preferred to Trump and then, once he was in office, I'd have started doing what little I could to sway his administration to be more the one I wanted and to try to get such an administration in the future. No one with any level of intelligence believed the right-wing morons claiming that Biden was a puppet of the left so no one is surprised that he's not acting that way. If you want to pretend they are to make yourself feel vindicated that's up to you, but we'll just point and laugh, as is appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    I'm 100% convinced your wrong. Even intelligent people can be delusional.
    Well maybe it's a personal flaw but I really cannot believe that people that can do stuff like this can come from places like this.

The site itself is down right now but go spend an hour there and you'd be wondering how these retards are even able to operate a computer. Much of what dilettante says on political matters sounds like it was lifted right off that site.
    Last edited by Niya; Feb 17th, 2021 at 07:43 PM.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

PowerPoster

Much of what dilettante says on political matters sounds like it was lifted right off that site.
    You have confused the messenger with the message.

I understand how uncomfortable the geopolitical changes under way now can be for those who won't come out of it very happy. But shouting into the wind does nothing to change its direction.

Life after Trump, Part I: Living in the Lightning

I…I’m not sure precisely what I’m expecting to achieve with this series. An end? A beginning? A mourning for what once was? Hope for what might still be? A bit of schadenfreude? Maybe. Certainly, a double fistful of commiseration. I freely admit I’m horrified at what has transpired in DC. I’m still in a bit of shock.

What I know for certain is that globalization is over. Politically, each president who took office after the Berlin Wall fell has demonstrated ever-less interest in holding it together. In that, Trump was no outlier, but simply the next step down the road. There is no globalization without the United States providing global safety, and the globalized world has grown to the point that the United States lacks the economic and military capacity to sustain the system. Culturally, in the aftermath of January 6, the Americans no longer have the cultural capacity to even try to hold the center.

What I know for certain is that there was a coup on January 6, but it didn’t happen when the guy in paramilitary dress with a fistful of zip ties managed to break into the Gallery, or when the guy wearing the swastika shirt emblazoned with SMNE (six million is not enough) walked into the Speaker’s office, or when the guy in the Chewbacca bikini trapsed through the Capitol Rotunda where just two years ago the last president with global ambitions and a global conscience – George HW Bush – lay in state. It occurred when the acting Secretary of Defense and the Vice President called in the National Guard to eject the rioters from the Capitol complex over Trump’s express refusals. It happened January 7 when the office of the Attorney General began a criminal investigation of the President of the United States. At the time of this writing, on January 10, the United States does not have a leader.

Life After Trump, Part VIII: The Crisis List—China

I don’t see China the way most do.

Where others see a rising naval power, I see a trapped coastal fleet incapable of projecting power, much less patrolling its far-flung economic interests.

Where others see the workshop of the world, I see a radically unstable system propped up by Enron-style finance which survives only due to the strategic largesse of increasingly-hostile foreign powers.

Where others see 1.4 billion people, I see one of history’s fastest aging and shrinking demographics in a country that will – in the best-case scenario – see its population shrink by half this century.

Where others see swarms of exports, I see a system faltering from a lack of domestic consumption that could lead to economic ruin at any time, but most certainly this decade.

Where others see the only major economy to grow in 2020, I see a system so broken that most of its “growth” is simply from shoving unsold inventory into warehouses, something I last saw en masse during the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis.

But above all, where others see a malevolent, conniving government leadership scrupulously implementing a century-long master plan for global domination, I see a terrified cadre that broadly sees China as I do, and so is instituting a North Korea-style political and information lockdown in the desperate hope of preventing China’s inevitable return to its historical mean of civil war, civil collapse, and mass famine.

PowerPoster

BTW: If you are firmly Trump Deranged you might appreciate Peter's Part Two more than the other parts.

PowerPoster

Well maybe it's a personal flaw but I really cannot believe that people that can do stuff like this can come from places like this.

The site itself is down right now but go spend an hour there and you'd be wondering how these retards are even able to operate a computer. Much of what dilettante says on political matters sounds like it was lifted right off that site.
    Yeah, I have no idea what other sites dil visits. But just because someone has above average abilities in some aspect of life (like software development). Doesn't mean they are overly intelligent. I've always had great math/logic skills but there are many other aspects of life that I am below average. I always liked the definition of intelligence that says "intelligence is a measure of how well they survive in their environment". There are a lot of people out there that are surviving a lot better than me and they could never be a programmer.

PowerPoster

I don't know anything about Stormfront, or StormFront, or whatever it is.

Sounds like some CIA honeypot meant to snare crazies.

So, what your saying is your court system is institutionally corrupt? is this in General or just on this issue?

Do you not think that if you want evidence to be examined you have to actually enter it into court as evidence?

Nobody but a tiny fringe population segment actually wanted Trump in the first place
    75 million people is far from a tiny fringe amount, it just happens to be less than the numbers that voted for the other guy.

but amazingly he did a creditable job helping prepare us for what's to come.
    Creditable job at what? what do you feel he actually achieved?

He's now little more than a pustulous symbol though. You can't escape how ugly a figure he is as a human being.
    What I find strange is how you seem unable to connect his ugliness as a human being to his unfitness for office. His ugliness as you put it extends to such a high level of narcissism that it permeates his every decision.

Everything Trump does is balanced on how good is this for Trump either for his money or his ego.

PowerPoster

Your mistake is thinking it has anything to do with Trump. He was merely a change agent. An ugly one but the only tool people were offered.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by NeedSomeAnswers View Post
    Creditable job at what? what do you feel he actually achieved?
    To name a few:

• Rebuffed the TPP. Wholly obsolete idea, especially considering the geopolitical changes under way.
    • Renegotiated NAFTA. Not as much as we need, but it was at least a good start.
    • Imposed import tariffs in an attempt to put the U.S. on parity regarding trade.
    • Negotiated down EU tariffs on U.S. exports.
    • Directed an effort to halt and punish efforts by the CCP to steal and profit from American innovations and intellectual property.
    • Began military drawdowns. At least within the limits of what his opposition couldn't block.
    • Actually tried to talk to North Korea. This didn't go far enough, again due to Deep State opposition.
    • Incomes rose in every metro area in the U.S. for the 1st time in nearly 3 decades.

PowerPoster

If you wonder how so many people could have voted for Trump, consider 40 more years of the beatdown they suffered from neoliberalism, as illustrated here:

So essentially you do see Trump as anti-globalisation or at least enacting policies that trend towards that direction and you see Democrats as pro-globalisation which at least explains some of your positions.

I would counter what you see as success with this

Rebuffed the TPP. Wholly obsolete idea, especially considering the geopolitical changes under way.
    Renegotiated NAFTA. Not as much as we need, but it was at least a good start.
    Trump did minor surgery around the edges of these trade agreements, and he doesn't really have any interest in doing major surgery.

Imposed import tariffs in an attempt to put the U.S. on parity regarding trade.
    Negotiated down EU tariffs on U.S. exports.
    The Tariffs he imposed hurt American consumers more than anything else and have done nothing to change American jobs.

the UE tariffs stuff is fine but it's really small fry and really makes very little difference to anybody's everyday lives.

There are downsides to International and global trade but it just creates so much money especially for people like Trump who own multinational businesses.

I agree that the system is somewhat broken, it's just what we think should or could be done about it is vastly different.

You seem to want the world to reverse course on global trade, something that would require not just the US to act but a large portion of the other major economies around the world to do so as well. The likelihood of this happening is virtually nill.

I want major companies to pay proper tax and for that money to go to both local infrastructure and creating new jobs for people.

Began military drawdowns. At least within the limits of what his opposition couldn't block.
    I am all for less military spending, but let's be clear republican governments are pro-military and pro spending on the military. Much of Trump's opposition came from inside his own party.

Actually tried to talk to North Korea. This didn't go far enough, again due to Deep State opposition.
    Eh, to what end really. North Korea doesn't want a proper negotiation. Its leaders are not trying to find a way back from its international isolation. They just want to maintain their existing power structures

If you wonder how so many people could have voted for Trump
    I don't wonder at all I understand why, just as I understand why he was rejected this time at the ballot box.

Many smaller places in the US have been left behind and lost jobs I get that.

In my opinion (and as he got voted out in the majority in the US now) Trump is a Snake oil salesman who is just telling you want you want to hear as long as you tell him you love him in return.

To be anti globalisation is rational. Wrong, in my opinion, but rational.

But to think that Trump was asking for a fair vote count is delusional. Trump wanted the exact opposite of that.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Backing out of the TPP is looking like a mistake, anyways. China ended up taking the lead, and the only result is that we got marginalized. The NAFTA changes weren't significant enough to move that needle any, either.

Basically, Trump flailed around without rhyme, reason, or understanding. Occasionally, his flailing did things that might end up doing a bit of good, but mostly he just did bad things. After all, his largest signature achievement was a tax cut for the rich.

PowerPoster

As I said before, it doesn't matter any more.

Nature seeks a balance. The wheels are already in motion, out of the hands of people or politics. Biden's treasured Reagan-Thatcherism is already dying due to realities beyond his control.

Just look at Biden's effort to pick corporate winners and losers in the energy market. He's already fanned the flames of a battle over the trade and consumption of fossil fuels, primarily coal. That of course has dragged Australia into the fray and led to further power rationing in north China, primarily in larger cities, as well as curtailing steel production.

Biden aims to isolate China on coal — but it could blow back on the U.S.

Then there is the thorny topic of repatriation of U.S. bankers and U.S. gold reserves from London. That's also already baked into the cake and beyond Biden's control. The only meaningful shift here might be some fancy tap dancing to gull people into accepting Bitcoin, i.e. sucker's money, as a gold surrogate.

Just look at Biden's effort to pick corporate winners and losers in the energy market. He's already fanned the flames of a battle over the trade and consumption of fossil fuels, primarily coal. That of course has dragged Australia into the fray and led to further power rationing in north China, primarily in larger cities, as well as curtailing steel production.
    Hmm yeah, your pro-coal and fossil fuels position is well known, how you make that fit into the rest of your political world view I have no idea.

You seem to think that the US is the only measure of if something works or not. In the UK Coal is now responsible for less than 2% of the energy generation market and falling. Over here in the UK coal isn't even profitable anymore in comparison to other generation sources.

Its a dirty fuel that will only hurt those developing countries in the long run as it exacerbates climate change.

All over the US, you are experiencing the consequences right now with both record hot temperatures and now record cold temperatures (see Texas) right before your eyes and yet still many would rather blame anything else rather than the actual cause and try and do something about it.

PowerPoster

Huh? I'm not promoting coal or fossil fuels. You're projecting again.

now record cold temperatures (see Texas)
    But... but... Texas was the fault of the hippy Democrat's Green Energy agenda. Haven't you been watching Fox News?

I'm not promoting coal or fossil fuels.
    The policy you're railing against is cutting off US investment in foreign coal based energy programs. It's not hard to see where NSA's inference is coming from and it does beg the question: what are you proposing if it's not the continued investment in foreign coal based energy programs?

The position you're taking here looks to be both pro-fossil fuels and pro-globalisation. Mostly, though, I suspect the thinking stopped at it being anti-Biden.
    Last edited by FunkyDexter; Feb 20th, 2021 at 10:00 AM.

PowerPoster

Describing reality is not the same as promoting it.

We have a long way to go to balance energy production and use. There is a lot of improvement remaining to be made in power transmission and usage efficiency, for example.

A big slice of the UK's "freedom from coal" relies on deforestation to create mass quantities of wood pellets, mainly imported from the US and Canada since the UK long ago clearcut its own forests. They laughably label and count this as "renewable energy." It ain't. And it pollutes like crazy. What drove this was far less will than it was no choice, having exhausted domestic coal mines and having no cheap import options for coal.

They are left with a grid consuming nuclear, oil, and natural gas. Most of these are imported, aside from filthy sulfur-rich North Sea oils and a little sweet crude from deeper deposits.

Wind and solar remain stubbornly minimal energy sources in the UK, generally dumped in with wood pellet and sewage gas burning and hydro to make people feel better.

The real scenario is so bad that the government desperately tries to hide it. Read it and weep for yourself:

UK ENERGY IN BRIEF 2020 (PDF)

Name:  Renewables.png
Views: 287
Size:  8.1 KB

This shows a far better job of shifting energy sources than in the US, but more out of desperation than anything else. As the Order collapses imports will dry up and become expensive.

Worse yet "green" infrastructure tends to have a relatively short operating life. Solar panel output tends to fade to 50% in 8 years and by 12 years replacement must normally begin. Wind is even worse, common turbines becoming too expensive to maintain by around year 8.

We need better alternatives. I don't believe in a "fusion genie" around the next corner and solar power satellites are still a pipedream with some very scary potential consequences.

But enriching multinational corporations to build and deploy expensive wind and solar farms doesn't appear to make any sense. Look at China: if this made sense they'd have done it and be completely energy sufficient today.

I agree that the status quo is intolerable. I just don't worship a mythical Santa Claus dressed in green.

Technically, wood pellets aren't all that bad, since the carbon they are releasing is then being recaptured plus a bit. There is a certain net loss in transport and manufacture, though, but the same issues exist for every other type of energy. When you get to oil, coal, or natural gas, you are releasing carbon that has long been sequestered.

Fusion is the thing that is ten years off, and always will be.

You're also a bit overly pessimistic on solar life cycles, which look to be roughly 2-3 times as long as what you stated:

https://www.greenbiz.com/article/wha...eing%20retired.

PowerPoster

There are a lot more components involved than just the raw PV panel itself. Not to mention the interconnections which corrode severely or less so based on the ambient environment.

6.1. Main components of large PV systems

And then you have all of the losses due to multiple conversions, storage (and more conversions), and transmission. These losses are almost always left out of promotional materials.

But "shiny happy" numbers like 25 to 30 years are nothing more than that. It's just the sad reality. Don't get snookered.

PowerPoster

It's not all bad. There are cases where wind or solar can make good sense. It's just not a panacea and probably won't ever replace 50% of coal, gas, and nuclear.

I hate that, but it is what it is. I hope something else comes along to do a more creditable job.

Here's a 5 year summary, by a practicing electrical engineer in Sydney who did all of the installation labor himself:

Basically as rosy a scenario as possible. Even he only projects a 10 year lifespan.

BTW: It failed a year later. The fix was cheap enough but you have to consider he could troubleshoot and do the repair himself.

PowerPoster

Shorter, far more condensed version of Zeihan's read on where we are. it omits energy, food, the future of big cities, etc. but covers the biggest issues: demographics and the end of the Bretton Woods Order. It adds comments about COVID and vaccines.

He could have subtitled this: "Why Biden Doesn't Matter."

Last edited by dilettante; Feb 20th, 2021 at 10:08 PM.

PowerPoster

Who remembers Michael Moore's censored 2019 documentary "Planet of the Humans" that was briefly on YouTube last year?

I think it might still be on Amazon, not sure there are other sources remaining.

It basically covers the reality behind "green energy" which is corporate greed.

PowerPoster

Another tentacle of the octopus:

PowerPoster

One of the things that gets as little media coverage as possible is "Wexit," the desire of western provinces to secede from Canada to the US. Alberta has arguably been the strongest agitator.

Peter thinks that window has closed and that it will not happen:

I'm no fan of his politics. He seems to be your basic Big Business never-Trump Republican (likely as not about to flip to a Democrat now) but his geopolitical observations seem well informed.

Wind and solar remain stubbornly minimal energy sources in the UK, generally dumped in with wood pellet and sewage gas burning and hydro to make people feel better.
    I have no idea where you getting your sources from but they are completely wrong. Wind energy on its own counts for around 20% of our total energy generation.

The UK government's goal is to have 1 third of our total generation to come from Wind power alone and many experts believe that we could fairly easily generate half our energy from wind alone due to the fact we are an Island and huge amount of untapped offshore wind.

Wind power is also now cheaper to bring online and add to the grid in the UK than adding new coal or gas power, and the electricity generated from it is cheaper for the consumer, and this is without subsidies.

Wind is even worse, common turbines becoming too expensive to maintain by around year 8.
    You appear to be looking at old data here to support your own biases, most wind turbines built today have a life of around 20 years and are still seen as cost-effectively maintainable in that lifespan and even up to 25 years.

Even when you take into account the carbon footprint of building and eventually decommissioning wind is still miles and miles less polluting it's not even in the same ballpark as coal.

The real scenario is so bad that the government desperately tries to hide it. Read it and weep for yourself:
    I so I have read some of the report you posted and what you have managed to do is take 1 graph out of context. What appears to be the case is there is a marked difference between primary energy sources and actual energy generation for the grid.

You only have read further down the report to find this

Name:  elecmix2019.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  38.9 KB

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast