Thread: [RESOLVED] Could not connect to system event notification service

King of sapila

Resolved [RESOLVED] Could not connect to system event notification service

I get this message shown.

I've tried everything on this link https://softwarekeep.com/help-center...e-on-windows-7
    Everything seems to be in order. All the services are running fine when I check the Services Console.
    I got no other issues just the popup. I'm also an admin on the PC and there are no other users so if this only affect simple users then I won't be bothered but it annoys me to see the message.
    I see on the event viewer on error:
    The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> was unavailable to handle a critical notification event.

Any help?
    Thanks.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  24.1 KB
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

King of sapila

Re: Could not connect to system event notification service

Following the error and using this:
    http://www.edugeek.net/forums/window...ng-foever.html
    I changed the group policy settings. Again not working.
    Now, I was doing some rendering yesterday and I left the computer to auto reset. I forgot about it and it must have been on the log on screen for 10-20 minutes.
    So when I logged in the message did not appear. So it may have something to do with the timing, or the fact that the PC is getting old and is slowing down some processes.
    Another issues I read about is the antivirus blocking some process. I have Comodo , probably the worst - best antivirus in the case of blocking applications and processes as it will block everything up.
    I had an auto update a couple of days ago and I believe that was when the problem started. I may have to remove and see but I'm really bored doing this as some programs that comodo blocks are allowed to run from a C: folder called VTRoot, if i remove comodo those will probably won't run. So I have to manually re install them. That is a pain.
    A last resort I've found is to disable all non windows services in sconfig but again, pain, as, I haven't touched them for a long time and also It took me a day to set them properly last time.

So....Yeah.
    Last edited by sapator; Nov 30th, 2020 at 12:40 PM.

King of sapila

Re: Could not connect to system event notification service

Just a heads up.
    I got the time to removed Comodo antivirus and the problem went away.
    Not bashing Comodo as it's very fast on my w7 PC but it tends to create rather peculiar folders and restricting data that maybe should not be restricted.
    So, Resolved.