Thread: How to view 3D objects?

Question How to view 3D objects?

Hello Community,

I am working on a project right now and I am looking to incorporate 3D object viewing. I have VS 2019 community. I have tried to look this up in Google, but not much of it makes sense to me right now. In my viewer, I would like to do the basic move, scroll, roll, zoom, exetra. If possible, I would also like to be able to add multiple objects to the view and be able to manipulate one of the objects.

My real world application is I am building an app for my FTC robotics competitions, and each year we have a field (which is stationary) and robots that move on the field. I would like to be able start the viewer with the field, than add robots on it and manipulate their location on the field.

ANyone have any ideas?

Re: How to view 3D objects?

For that kind of 3D capabilities, you need to look at DirectX. It's not simple. I'm sure there are other members on this forum who could go into more detail about that...

Re: How to view 3D objects?

It sounds rather like you're trying to run before you can walk. If you want to work with 3D in a Windows app then you really ought to be using WPF rather than Windows forms, so you should learn the basics of WPF first. It was built from the ground up with new features and technologies in mind, including 3D. Once you can build a basic WPF app, then you should look at the basics of 3D. Start simple and work your way up. Don't try to skip steps along the way.