Thread: [RESOLVED] Courier New - Bold not working

Resolved [RESOLVED] Courier New - Bold not working

We use Courier New for certain draft documents, and certain parts of the document must be BOLD. This is accomplished using Word interop.

One of the users complained that all of the text is not bold, in particular these characters :;.,

If you paste this

This ;:., test

into a word document and alternate bold not bold you'll see the issue. Is it us or?????
    My First Computer -- Documentation Link (RT?M) -- Using the Debugger -- Prime Number Sieve
    Counting Bits -- Subnet Calculator -- UI Guidelines -- >> SerialPort Answer <<

"Those who use Application.DoEvents have no idea what it does and those who know what it does never use it." John Wein

PowerPoster

Re: Courier New - Bold not working

I can't reproduce the issue. I see a change, albeit slight, when bolding the characters in question.

If you increase the font size dramatically and perform the same bold/unbold test, you can see more easily that the characters are indeed being altered.

Finally, this has nothing to do with VB.Net.

Re: Courier New - Bold not working

That's funny, for me on word 2010, with courrier new size 11 when I put bold on this characters, it seems to unbold them.
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  14.8 KB
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)