Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: VB6 WebView2-Binding (Edge-Chromium)

Re: VB6 WebView2-Binding (Edge-Chromium)

excellent
    I always use your tool (vbRichClient) , thank you for your hard work
    WebView2 is a very good idea
    The only problem is that I don't have permission to access and read files from the hard drive (allow file)
    For example
    In web page and javascript
    HTML Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"> 
    </head>
    <body>

<script type="text/javascript">
    video.load('Fire.mp4');
    </script>

</body>
    </html>
    Error, this page says I receive

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Mojtaba View Post
    excellent
    ...don't have permission to access and read files from the hard drive...
    The code below works for me (playing a local *.mp4 file):
    Code:
    Option Explicit

Private WithEvents WV As cWebView2

Private Sub Form_Load()
      Dim VideoFile As String, sHTML As String, HtmlFile As String
          VideoFile = "c:\temp\test.mp4"
          HtmlFile = New_c.FSO.GetLocalAppDataPath & "\temp_vidplayer.html"

sHTML = "<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><meta http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible' content='IE=edge'></head>" & _
              "<body><video controls width='100%' height='auto' src='" & VideoFile & "'/></body></html>"
      New_c.FSO.WriteTextContent HtmlFile, sHTML, True

Me.Visible = True 'ensure Visibility before the Bind-call
      Set WV = New_c.WebView2(Me.hWnd)
          WV.Navigate HtmlFile
    End Sub

Private Sub Form_Resize()
      If Not WV Is Nothing Then WV.SyncSizeToHostWindow
    End Sub
    Olaf

hello Olaf
    have you had time to investigate the issue with the latest fixed versions of webview2?
    Thanks in advance
    Best regards
    François

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by saturnian View Post
    ...have you had time to investigate the issue with the latest fixed versions of webview2?
    Yes, have done that just now ...
    and I'm not able to reproduce the problems (here on a Win10 with all Updates).

Used the following relevant code-lines.
    Code:
      P = "c:\temp\Microsoft.WebView2.FixedVersionRuntime.109.0.1518.70.x86"

If WV.BindTo(picWV.hWnd, 8, P, "c:\temp\WV2UserData") = 0 Then 
         MsgBox "couldn't initialize WebView-Binding": Exit Sub
      End If
    Like you, I've used an explicitly given "fixed-runtime-path" as well as a "local UserData-Path"...

What I took care of was the following:
    - I've downloaded the x86-flagged, fixed runtime from the MS-site (it comes in a *.cab-file)
    - FWIW, I've unpacked this *.cab with 7zip (and not the built-in Win10-CabViewer)
    - placed the unpacked Folder in a Parent-Folder I have full write-rights on ("c:\temp\...")
    - created a new, empty UserDirectory in "c:\temp\WV2UserData" (before trying the Bind-call)

Things to note (things of importance, regarding the error on your side):
    - already mentioned, but make sure to use the 32bit-(x86)version of the fixed-runtime
    - my "User-Directory" is not a sub-directory of the "fixed-runtime-folder"
    - neither Directory is causing "potential File-Virtualization-issues" (due to placement in the C:\Programs\-Folder)
    - neither Directory is provocing "treatment as an x64-Program" (due to placement in the C:\Programs\-Folder)
    - Me.Caption = New_c.Version ...shows "6.0.12" (just make sure to report this "live", to rule out regfree-loading of older versions)

HTH

Olaf

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post

What I took care of was the following:
    - I've downloaded the x86-flagged, fixed runtime from the MS-site (it comes in a *.cab-file)
    - FWIW, I've unpacked this *.cab with 7zip (and not the built-in Win10-CabViewer)
    - placed the unpacked Folder in a Parent-Folder I have full write-rights on ("c:\temp\...")
    - created a new, empty UserDirectory in "c:\temp\WV2UserData" (before trying the Bind-call)

Things to note (things of importance, regarding the error on your side):
    - already mentioned, but make sure to use the 32bit-(x86)version of the fixed-runtime
    - my "User-Directory" is not a sub-directory of the "fixed-runtime-folder"
    - neither Directory is causing "potential File-Virtualization-issues" (due to placement in the C:\Programs\-Folder)
    - neither Directory is provocing "treatment as an x64-Program" (due to placement in the C:\Programs\-Folder)
    - Me.Caption = New_c.Version ...shows "6.0.12" (just make sure to report this "live", to rule out regfree-loading of older versions)

HTH

Olaf
    I checked all the previous items except:
    Me.Caption = New_c.Version ...shows... ... ... "6.0.10" !

Because, on the site http://vbrichclient.com/ it is displayed:

Downloads

The Base-Dlls of the current toolset (version 6) are contained in this minimum-package:
    RC6BaseDlls.zip (~ 3.5MB, current version: 6.0.10, last updated: 2022-07-31 ... including SQLite-version: 3.39.2)
    so I didn't think to download RC6BaseDlls.zip again ! I remained convinced that the current version was 6.0.10 !
    I won't be fooled now !

Version 6.0.12 fixes all issues ! Thanks

François

Hi have nice day thanks for this complemente,
    i have a simple question
    i am try navigate to http://jsfiddle.net/qqzxtk67/
    this fire new window
    How i can manipulate this thanks?

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by astronald View Post
    i am try navigate to http://jsfiddle.net/qqzxtk67/
    this fire new window
    How i can manipulate this thanks?
    Not sure, what you mean exactly (with "manipulate this")...

What do you want to achieve in the end?

Olaf

Hyperactive Member

Can your control make use of OnFrameLoad event?
    I need to inject JS at this point of time.
    Last edited by tmighty2; Feb 25th, 2023 at 02:53 PM.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by tmighty2 View Post
    Can your control make use of OnFrameLoad event?
    I need to inject JS at this point of time.
    Have not played around with iFrames so far (in the context of WV2 and the stuff i use it for currently) -
    but the documentation says (about the AddScriptToExecuteOnDocumentCreated-method):

The injected script will apply to all future top level document and child frame navigations...

With that, you should be able to place dedicated js-functions and -variables (for use from within an iFrame),
    without the need of "waiting for a FrameLoad-event".

If you're already using AddScriptToExecuteOnDocumentCreated -
    can you post a short example, what you want to achieve - and where the problem comes in?

Olaf

Hyperactive Member

I need to inject scripts to change the pages colors for handicapped users, and this is the only event where I can do it.

PowerPoster

I need to inject scripts to change the pages colors for handicapped users, and this is the only event where I can do it.
    I'm quite sure, that AddScriptToExecuteOnDocumentCreated can accomplish what you want
    (without using that event).

Please post some code-example.

Olaf

Addicted Member

Dear Olaf,

First of all, as written by me quite a few times in our forums in the past, I remain in awe of both your fabulous work and your fabulous heart. I am happy that I finally got time to dig into your vbRichClient-Framework, learning many aspects of it, slowly and steadily, since the past 2-3 weeks.

Thanks a TON to you, I learnt the "fundamentals" of 'Open Source' licenses for the first time, from your '_Library-Licenses.txt' file. My Hearty Thanks in TONs, time and again, to you and all the developers of all the "Open Source" libraries/tools.

Just thought of letting you know that some of the links (to the 'Open Source' libraries) in the aforesaid text file are not working now. For e.g., for LZ4, "http://cyan4973.github.io/lz4/" does not work now. As far as I have explored, "https://github.com/lz4/lz4" looks to be the correct page now. Similarly, "https://zlib.net/zlib_license.html" works for the latest license page of 'zlib' (and not http://www.gzip.org/zlib/zlib_license.html). You may anyway double-check on this from your side too because I am quite new to using "Open Source" libraries. I just felt that I should let you know my findings so that you can replace the non-working links with the right ones in the '_Library-Licenses.txt' file in the next release of vbRichClient-Framework, if at all my findings are correct. If my findings are not correct, kindly bear with me.

Well, the WebView2Loader.dll found in your latest "RC6BaseDlls.zip" package is 112KB (115, 128 bytes) with version number of 1.0.1462.37.

Specifically, with respect to the deployment of one's compiled application in a different system
    --
    Should I always use this '1.0.1462.37' version numbered WebView2Loader.dll only? (Presuming your cWebView2 makes calls specific to this DLL only)
    (OR)
    Can I use the latest WebView2Loader.dll also? The version number of the latest WebView2Loader.dll is "1.0.1587.40" as of today, as per https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.Web.WebView2, if I am right.
    (OR)
    Should I always use the latest WebView2Loader.dll only?
    --

Thanks in TONs once again. I sometimes go silent thinking of the immense magnitude/depth of your work for this world society. God Bless you, olaf! God Bless All!

Kind Regards.

Addicted Member

Dear Olaf,

I noticed in https://www.cairographics.org/news/ that a new release of Cairo library has happened after quite a long gap of time. This news got me really excited thinking that this would mean that "perhaps" you have now started working on releasing the next RC6 build covering all the new features of Cairo library. If so, then my wishes in advance to you for the new/updated release of RC6.

Kind Regards.

Addicted Member

And, while I await with patience your answer to my query regarding 'WebView2Loader.dll' in post no. 252, dear Olaf,

Coming to 'Cairo', I have a small query. How to include blur also to a text with shadow? For instance, in CSS, the 'text-shadow' property has 'blur radius' too (ref: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...SS/text-shadow)

I understood by reading some materials in the net that Cairo does not provide the 'blur' feature on text shadows straightaway but it can be achieved by writing a suitable routine in c++. I am not comfortable in c++ coding though.

I do remember reading (a week back or so) about 'Gaussian blur' in your 'Cairo' tutorials AND/OR in some of your forum messages but I saw 'Gaussian blur' applied to images only, if my understanding was right.

Honestly, I have not found time yet to go through all your excellent 'Cairo' tutorials. But, I do have "sincerely" gone through some of them and learnt a good lot about text rendering on paths. If indeed 'blur on text shadow' is already covered by you in any of your tutorials OR in any of your forum messages, then kindly intimate me the same and I shall go through them. Or, if such tutorials/messages do not exist yet, then, if at all and when your time permits, kindly provide me a code snippet which would "exactly" mimic what the following CSS would achieve when applied for any text.
    --
    "text-shadow: h-offset v-offset blur-radius color;"
    --

I take this opportunity to once again thank you for both your work and your heart. God Bless you! God Bless ALL!

Kind Regards.

Not sure, what you mean exactly (with "manipulate this")...

What do you want to achieve in the end?

Olaf
    Thanks i want Execute javascript on new windows and read elements

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by softv View Post
    Can I use the latest WebView2Loader.dll also?
    You can, but you don't have to...

WebView2Loader.dll is just a small "communication-vehicle" between your App -
    and the "rolling, evergreen" Edge/Chromium-releases MS performs under the covers of your OS automatically.

If there's a new feature I expose in new RC6.cWebView2-releases
    (using potentially "new, extended communication-interfaces" of the WebView2Loader),
    then I'll deliver the RC6-bundle with that new(er) WebView2Loader.dll as well, of course.

Thanks for the FOSS-Link-updates - I've included them now in _LibraryLicenses.txt.

As for "plain cairo-questions" ... it's better to ask them in the normal Forum in the future -
    (to keep this thread here related to the RC6.cWebView2-class and its usage).

But here's a little helper-function for "shadowed text-output":
    Code:
    Option Explicit

Private Sub Form_Load()
      Dim CC As cCairoContext
      Set CC = Cairo.CreateSurface(800, 600).CreateContext 'create the "main"-Surface-context

CC.Paint 1, Cairo.CreateSolidPatternLng(&H333333) 'ensures a dark-grey background

CC.SelectFont "Times New Roman", 22, vbGreen, False, True
      DrawTextWithShadowOn CC, 10, 10, 300, 50, "Some shadowed Text", 4, vbYellow, 1, 1

Set Picture = CC.Surface.Picture
    End Sub

Sub DrawTextWithShadowOn(CC As cCairoContext, x, y, dx, dy, Text As String, _
        Optional ByVal R& = 3, Optional ByVal ShadowColor&, Optional ByVal xOffs#, Optional ByVal yOffs#)
        CC.Save
          CC.TranslateDrawings x, y

CC.PushGroup CAIRO_CONTENT_COLOR_ALPHA, 0, 0, dx, dy
            CC.DrawText 0, 0, dx, dy, Text, True 'render the text within a Push/Pop-sequence
          Dim Pat As cCairoPattern: Set Pat = CC.PopGroup(True) 'retrieve the output via Pop (in a Pattern-Obj)

With Cairo.CreateSurface(dx, dy).CreateContext 'create a temp-surface in the dimensions of the Text-Rect
            .Paint 1, Pat '"play back" the pattern from the above "Push/Pop-Operation" on this temp-Surface

'and what follows now, is simply two calls (1. rendering the blurred-temp-surface, and 2. rendering the unblurred srf on top)
             CC.RenderSurfaceContent .Surface.GaussianBlur(R / 2, R, True, ShadowColor), xOffs - R, yOffs - R
             CC.RenderSurfaceContent .Surface, 0, 0
          End With
        CC.Restore
    End Sub
    As for upgrading to new(er) Cairo-Releases... the current Cairo.Version 1.17.02
    (which includes some "cherry-picks" from later releases),
    it seems to work nicely and stable (without mem-leaks) - so unless there's some new features which are a "must have",
    I'm not planning on updating to later versions anytime soon.

Olaf
    Last edited by Schmidt; Mar 1st, 2023 at 07:01 AM.

Addicted Member

You can, but you don't have to...
    ... .. .

But here's a little helper-function for "shadowed text-output":
    .. .. .
    Olaf
    Thanks a LOT, Olaf. As ever, you are so helpful with all the detailed information regarding WebView2Loader.dll, etc.

The helper function worked like a charm to create "text shadows with blur"! The best way to see its beauty in action was to change the various parameters (color, offsets, etc.) and see the corresponding effects. It was wonderful. Really. I will now try to take time to understand more of Gaussian Blur.

And, I am really sorry about posting my cairo-related query in this "RC6 cWebView2"-related thread. Only 5 minutes after posting it, I suddenly realised my mistake. I will be careful in the future. Sorry again.

Kindest Regards.

Hyperactive Member

I have uploaded the script here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ovs...ew?usp=sharing

When you inject the entire text and then navigate to web.whatsapp.com, the selected chat will be blue.
    That is how you can test if it worked.

Thank you!

Hyperactive Member

I have tried it like this:

Code:
    Private Sub Form_Load()
      Visible = True '<- it's important, that the hosting TopLevel-Form is visible...
                     '...(and thus the Child-PicBox indirectly as well) - before we Bind the PicBox to the WebView

Set WV = New_c.WebView2 'create the instance
      If WV.BindTo(picWV.hWnd) = 0 Then MsgBox "couldn't initialize WebView-Binding": Exit Sub

'  Set WV = New_c.WebView2(picWV.hWnd) 'create the instance
    '  If WV Is Nothing Then MsgBox "couldn't initialize WebView-Binding": Exit Sub
      LocalWebViewInit 'initialize the WebView for local usage here in our Form

Dim sWA$
      sWA = GetText("c:\users\myuser\desktop\whatsapp.txt")

WV.AddScriptToExecuteOnDocumentCreated sWA

End Sub

Private Sub cmdNavigate_Click()

WV.Navigate "https://web.whatsapp.com"

End Sub

Private Function GetText(ByVal u As String) As String

Dim fso As Object
        Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Dim strm As Scripting.TextStream
        With fso
            Set strm = .OpenTextFile(u, ForReading, False, TristateTrue)
            Do Until strm.AtEndOfStream
                GetText = strm.ReadAll
            Loop
            strm.Close
        End With

strm.Close

End Function
    But that doesn't work. The chat should highlighted with blue color, but it's not.

Also, calling the JS functions that I added does not work.
    Last edited by tmighty2; Mar 4th, 2023 at 06:42 AM.

PowerPoster

...calling the JS functions that I added does not work.
    There is an error in your larger js-Code-File:
    Code:
    const setupWhatsapp = () => {
       alert('before highlighter');
       highlighter.initHighlighting();
       alert('after highlighter);  // <- missing string-quote-char
      overrideSelectedItemBackgroundColor(); // <- therefore, this line will not execute
    };
    BTW, do you get any of the "other alerts" you've placed there?

You could also place this little EventHandler-snippet via AddScriptOnDocumentCreated (in case you know the iFrame-ID):
    Code:
    document.getElementById('my_iframe_id').onload = function() {
        // load your extra-modules (including your inits and color-replacements) here
    }
    Cannot further play around with this myself, because I have no "whatsapp"-account.

Olaf

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by astronald View Post
    ...i want Execute javascript on new windows and read elements
    Not sure, whether the following example does what you had in mind -
    but the demo below will suppress the "WV2-built-in default-BrowserWindow-Popups",
    and will simply create additional VB-Form-instances instead (each using their own internal WV-Instance of course).

Code:
    Option Explicit

Public WithEvents WV As cWebView2, WithEvents tmrNewWindow As cTimer

Private Sub Form_Load()
      Me.Visible = True 'ensure Visibility before the Bind-call

Set WV = New_c.WebView2(Me.hWnd) 'does an implicit bind-call (within this constructor-method)
          WV.AddScriptToExecuteOnDocumentCreated "function openPopup(uri){window.open(uri,'','width=800,height=600')}"

If Forms.Count = 1 Then 'it's the first instance of this Form-Type (so we show an entry-demo-page, based on our own html-text)
         Const btnDef$ = "<input value='show new window' type='button' on" & "click='openPopup(""https://google.com"")'>"
         WV.NavigateToString btnDef
      End If
      WV.SyncSizeToHostWindow
    End Sub

Private Sub Form_Resize()
      If Not WV Is Nothing Then WV.SyncSizeToHostWindow
    End Sub

Private  Sub WV_NewWindowRequested(ByVal IsUserInitiated As Boolean, IsHandled  As Boolean, ByVal URI As String, NewWindowFeatures As RC6.cCollection)
      IsHandled = True '<- suppress the Browser-Controls default-handler
      NewWindowFeatures.Prop("URI") = URI 'let's enhance the features-(JSON)collection about the URI-Property
       Set tmrNewWindow = New_c.Timer(10, True, NewWindowFeatures) 'and now  buffer the features-(JSON)collection in the timer-tag, to be able to  leave here as soon as possible for the sake of "non-blocking"
    End Sub

Private Sub tmrNewWindow_Timer() 'this decoupling oneshot-timer only fires in case of a new Window-Request
      ShowNewWindow tmrNewWindow.Tag 'pass the JSON-collection along (from the timers Variant-Typed Tag-Property)
    End Sub

Public Sub ShowNewWindow(NewWindowFeatures As cCollection)
      Set tmrNewWindow = Nothing 'we can safely destroy the "one-shot"-timerInstance now (since it delivered its Tag-Data)

Dim F As New Form1
          F.Show , Me  'let's show the new form (after setting its feature-Collection above)

With NewWindowFeatures
         If .Prop("HasPosition") Then F.Move .Prop("Left") * Screen.TwipsPerPixelX, _
                                             .Prop("Top") * Screen.TwipsPerPixelY
         If .Prop("HasSize") Then F.Move F.Left, F.Top, .Prop("Width") * Screen.TwipsPerPixelX, _
                                                        .Prop("Height") * Screen.TwipsPerPixelY
         F.Caption = .Prop("URI")
         F.WV.Navigate .Prop("URI")

Debug.Print .SerializeToJSONString '(just to show, what else is contained in the features-collection)
      End With
    End Sub
    HTH

Olaf

Hyperactive Member

Thank you, Olaf.
    Last edited by tmighty2; Mar 4th, 2023 at 01:43 PM.

Hyperactive Member

How could I call this js function using WV2?

Dim c As cStringBuilder
    Set c = New cStringBuilder

c.Append "function GetScrollPosX()"
    c.Append "{"
    c.Append " return (Math.max(document.body.scrollLeft,document.documentElement.scrollLeft));"
    c.Append "}"

Hyperactive Member

And I have to say Congralatutions and thank you. I use your dhRichClient in all my apps. I could not live without it. And I hate .NET. The IDE is so slow that I just can't use it. Really, I need 5x as much time just because it responds so slowly and has such bad Edit and Continue capabilities. I am so much quicker with VB6. I use .NET for simpler projects only or for Unity which itself is slow to work with. But for quick typing, nothing is better than VB6.

PowerPoster

How could I call this js function using WV2?

Dim c As cStringBuilder
    Set c = New cStringBuilder

c.Append "function GetScrollPosX()"
    c.Append "{"
    c.Append " return (Math.max(document.body.scrollLeft,document.documentElement.scrollLeft));"
    c.Append "}"
    I'd use the StringBuilder via New_c constructor (for better "regfree-mode-compatibility"):
    Code:
      With New_c.StringBuilder
          .AddNL "function GetScrollPosX(){"
          .AddNL "  return Math.max(document.body.scrollLeft,document.documentElement.scrollLeft)"
          .AddNL "}"

WV.AddScriptToExecuteOnDocumentCreated .ToString
      End With
    So, the adding of this function-code-snippet happens in the line before the "End With"-destruction of the StringBuilder.

The functioin-call itself can then be done from the VB6-side by specifying the funcName (without parens) in WV.jsRun:
    Debug.Print WV.jsRun("GetScrollPosX") 'optional Parameter-Passing via ParamArray is possible

And JFTR, also "pure-property-access" is possible, without any "extra-function-definition" -
    (even for "nested-props", as long as there's "only dots and no parentheses" in the prop-hierarchy-string):
    Debug.Print WV.jsProp("document.body.scrollLeft")

Olaf

Hyperactive Member

How do I get the currently shown URL, please?

Hyperactive Member

Is there perhaps a way to include an ad blocker?

Hyperactive Member

I am trying to run this JS code to scroll the window down:

WV.jsRunAsync "window.scrollBy({ top: 300, behavior: "smooth" });"

It does not work. What am I doing wrong?

PowerPoster

WV.jsRunAsync "window.scrollBy({ top: 300, behavior: "smooth" });"

It does not work. What am I doing wrong?
    What you're doing wrong is, to not read the Parameter-Names in the Intellisense-Popups...

Both, WV.jsRun and WV.jsRunAsync expect a "function-name" in the first argument.

So, the easiest way is, to "wrap the little code-block" in your own user-function - as e.g.:

WV.AddScriptToExecuteOnDocumentCreated "function scrollSmoothlyBy(x,y){ window.scrollBy({left:x, top:y, behavior:'smooth'}) }"

You can then later call it e.g. this way (passing the x,y arguments after the function-name):
    WV.jsRunAsync "scrollSmoothlyBy", 5, 15

As for extensions like AdBlock... those were not supported the last time I've looked...
    Here's a posting on stack-overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...on-on-webview2

Olaf

Hyperactive Member

Can I get the current URL somehow?

Hyperactive Member

Would you recommend to add all the functions that I need for example at program start up, correct?

Hyperactive Member

I am adding this code via "wv.AddSCriptToExecuteOnDocumentCreated" when initiating WV:

Code:
       function pSetFocus()
       {
            alert('focus');
          var element = document.querySelector("*[autofocus]");
          if (element)
          {

}
          else
          {
             element = document.querySelector("form input:not([type=hidden])");
          }

if (element)
          {

}
          else
          {
             element = document.querySelector("input#search");
          }
          if (element)
          {

}
          else
          {
             element = document.querySelector("input#search.ytd-searchbox");
          }
          if (element)
          {

}
          else
          {
          }

if (element)
         {
             var sType=element.type;
             if (sType != "email")
            {
                 element.selectionStart = element.selectionEnd = element.value.length;
            }
             element.focus();
             var y = element.getBoundingClientRect().top + window.scrollY;
             window.scroll(
             {
                 top: y,
                 behavior: "smooth"
             });
         }
    Then, when I want to set the focus to the first input element, I call:

Code:
        WV.SetFocus FocusReason_PROGRAMMATIC
        WV.jsRunAsync "pSetFocus();"
    It doesn't have any effect.
    What am I doing wrong?

Then, when I want to set the focus to the first input element, I call:

Code:
        WV.SetFocus FocusReason_PROGRAMMATIC
        WV.jsRunAsync "pSetFocus();"
    It doesn't have any effect.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Olaf just said that it expects a function name so I'd expect that your code should be this instead:-
    Code:
    WV.jsRunAsync "pSetFocus"
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Hyperactive Member

I have tried that as well, it doesn't work.

Ah well that's all I got. I have no experience using WebView. Perhaps someone else can try their hand at the problem.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Hyperactive Member

I was stupid. My JS code was faulty. I've been using a different browser before, and it was more foregiving.
    Once I fixed it, it went fine!
    Last edited by tmighty2; Mar 5th, 2023 at 09:37 PM.

PowerPoster

Would you recommend to add all the functions that I need for example at program start up, correct?
    Of course... and you don't have to call: WV.AddScriptToExecuteOnDocumentCreated
    for every little function-snippet separately (after the Bind-call was successful).

Easier would be, when you place all your helper-functions in a single "MyHelpers.js"-file...
    and then use an UTF8-capable TextFile-ReadHelper to load them in a single line of code:

WV.AddSCriptToExecuteOnDocumentCreated New_c.FSO.ReadTextContent("MyHelpers.js", False, CP_UTF8)

And when you use a decent TextEditor like VSCode to edit this js-File, then you'd also produce less "basic typos with js-syntax",
    since this Editor will give you nice "visual hints" about "missing parentheses" or "missing quotechars around strings".

As for "how to get the current Document-Title or Document-URL" -
    there's already two Properties in place on the cWebView2-class:
    - WV.DocumentURL
    - WV.DocumentTitle

Please do some "basic investigations" on the library (RC6) or current Class (RC.cWebView2) first,
    before you start working on something concrete... (e.g.via ObjectExplorer, reachable via <F2>-Key).

There's only about 50 Methods, Properties and Events behind the WV2-class -
    (and half of them are "IsThatEnabled" or "AreTheseAllowed" basic boolean-Props).

Olaf

PowerPoster

GetEdgeWebViewInfo:
    ---------------------------
    Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime,Version:110.0.1587.63
    ---------------------------

Code:
    Function GetEdgeWebViewInfo(Optional CheckX64 As Boolean) As String
       On Error Resume Next
       Dim WshShell As Object
       Dim WebView2_Version As String, WebView2_Name As String
       Dim RegPath As String
       Set WshShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

RegPath = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\" & IIf(CheckX64, "WOW6432Node\", "") & "Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\Clients\{F3017226-FE2A-4295-8BDF-00C3A9A7E4C5}\"
        'InputBox "", "", RegPath
        WebView2_Name = WshShell.RegRead(RegPath & "name")
        WebView2_Version = WshShell.RegRead(RegPath & "PV")
        GetEdgeWebViewInfo = WebView2_Name & IIf(WebView2_Version <> "", ",Version:" & WebView2_Version, "")
    End Function
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 6th, 2023 at 05:03 AM.

PowerPoster

Not sure, whether the following example does what you had in mind -
    but the demo below will suppress the "WV2-built-in default-BrowserWindow-Popups",
    and will simply create additional VB-Form-instances instead (each using their own internal WV-Instance of course).

Code:
    Option Explicit

Public WithEvents WV As cWebView2, WithEvents tmrNewWindow As cTimer

Public Sub ShowNewWindow(NewWindowFeatures As cCollection)
      Set tmrNewWindow = Nothing 'we can safely destroy the "one-shot"-timerInstance now (since it delivered its Tag-Data)
         F.Caption = .Prop("URI")

Debug.Print .SerializeToJSONString '(just to show, what else is contained in the features-collection)
      End With
    End Sub
    HTH

Olaf
    if new webview by post, how to do?not only by url
    maybe need like webbrowser
    postdata="user=abcd&pass=aaabbb"
    httpheadStr="ref=www.baidu.com" & vbcrlf & "header2key=333"

webbrowser1.Navigate url,httpheadStr,postdata
    in java,new webview only need input webview ID,IT WILL AUTO DO POSTdada or http header info.

Code:
    Function WebPost(url As String, PostInfo As String, Web1 As WebBrowser, Optional ref As String, Optional cookie As String)
    '[mycode_id:1274],edittime:2011-5-10 上午 12:26:45
    On Error Resume Next
    ReDim AByte(0) As Byte
    PackBytes AByte(), PostInfo

Dim vPost As Variant

vPost = AByte ' Assign the byte array to a VARIANT

Dim vHeaders As Variant

vHeaders = "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" + Chr(10) + Chr(13)
          If ref <> "" Then vHeaders = vHeaders & "Referer:" + ref & vbCrLf
          If cookie <> "" Then vHeaders = vHeaders & "Cookie:" + cookie & vbCrLf
          Web1.Navigate url, , , vPost, vHeaders
    End Function

PowerPoster

Win10 has direct support for unpacking of *.cab-Archives -
    otherwise use 7zip?

In any case, you should end up with an unpacked Folder, named:
    ..\Microsoft.WebView2.FixedVersionRuntime.107.0.1418.62.x86
    somewhere on your local harddisk.

Now move that whole Folder to a place you prefer in your filesystem -
    and then point the 3rd Param of the BindTo-method to that Directory-Path-(String).

Olaf
    Code:

OK = Web1.BindTo(Me.hWnd, , App.Path & "\WebviewSdk\Microsoft.WebView2.FixedVersionRuntime.109.0.1518.78.x86") <> 0
    'OK = Web1.BindTo(Me.hWnd, , App.Path & "\WebviewSdk\Microsoft.WebView2.FixedVersionRuntime.110.0.1587.63.x86") <> 0

msgbox "web1.UserAgent=" & WV.UserAgent
    msgbox "navigator.appVersion=" & Web1.jsProp("navigator.appVersion")

view webview version online:

https://ie.icoa.cn/

====================
    Microsoft.WebView2.FixedVersionRuntime.109.0.1518.78.x86.cab

内核版本 (Version) WebKit 537.36 Chrome 109.0.0.0
    完整代码 (UA)
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/109.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/109.0.1518.78
    ====================
    Microsoft.WebView2.FixedVersionRuntime.110.0.1587.63.x86.cab:
    内核版本 (Version) WebKit 537.36 Chrome 110.0.0.0
    完整代码 (UA)
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/110.0.1587.63
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 6th, 2023 at 07:01 PM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast