Thread: Print barcodes for multiple records.

Fanatic Member

Print barcodes for multiple records.

Hello VbForums community
    I can print 128 barcode on picturebox control for single records but I need to know if it is possible to Print barcodes for multiple records.
    Any idea please?

PowerPoster

Re: Print barcodes for multiple records.

of course it can be done, depending on the desired result as to how best to set it up
    for multiple barcodes on a single form, you could use an array of pictureboxes
    or you could use the printer object and position all the barcodes on the page while printing
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

PowerPoster

Or you could just get a bar code font and have the barcodes appear in a text box, label, report or whatever the case may be.

Using a picture box to draw them is not really a very good way as when they are printed they can be less than ideal and may not be readable by some scanners.

Fanatic Member

thank you gentelmen

Using a picture box to draw them is not really a very good way as when they are printed they can be less than ideal and may not be readable by some scanners.
    thank you for this valuable information
    you could just get a bar code font and have the barcodes appear in a text box
    This idea is very interesting
    I have 128 font however I need a sample code or some help on how to put this idea into practice.
    I should note that I"m barcoding records' ID from a table in database or from listview on a form.
    thank you very much