Thread: Need some help

Addicted Member

Need some help

l have made a project with a list of small programs , snippets , and l want to share them with some of my friends .
    The code of the snippets is in a zip format in a folder , say , "Progs" .
    l will provide my friends with the initial main project which will contain the list and the folder "Progs" with all the zips .
    How , my friends will be able to download the zip file , by clicking on the appropriate item on the list of the main program ?

Thanks for help

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: Need some help

You've posted in the code bank forum which is for code submissions rather than questions. I'm moving this to General Development for now but you're going to need to provide more informationbefore you start getting decent answers. What technologies are you planning to use, both for the server and the language?
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Addicted Member

Sorry about that .

The project is in VB6 . This is what l provide my friends with and l want them to be able to download the zip file from it .

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by vbgeobas View Post
    l have made a project with a list of small programs , snippets , and l want to share them with some of my friends .
    The code of the snippets is in a zip format in a folder , say , "Progs" .
    l will provide my friends with the initial main project which will contain the list and the folder "Progs" with all the zips .
    How , my friends will be able to download the zip file , by clicking on the appropriate item on the list of the main program ?

Thanks for help
    If the program is a vb6 project, you cannot "download". The word "download" is used when it is something on internet, on a web page.

I understand that you have all the other projects zipped individually on one single file for each project.
    Then you have a list in your main project, like in a ListBox, then when the user/friend clicks on one item, you want the project to be... "downloaded"... but what that means? Open the zip file? Unzip the file? Open the folder and select the zip file?

The reason why you didn't get any answer is because your question was not clear.

Addicted Member

Sorry for the confusion .
    What l want ,if possible, is my friends to be able to GET the zip file in their computer and work it from there, so they can see
    the code and how it works , that's why l used the term "download"

PowerPoster

Ok, zip everything in a single file containing all the projects, then your friends will have to unzip it and run the main project that should be in the root folder, like this:

Main.vbp
    Progs\MyProg1.vbp
    Progs\MyProg2.vbp
    Progs\MyProg3.vbp
    etc.
    From the main project, shell the *.vbp file.

API declarations:
    Code:
    Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long
    Private Const SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED = 3
    Code line that opens the project:
    Code:
    Call ShellExecute(0&, "OPEN", App.Path & "\Progs\" & vbpFileName, "", "", SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)
    where vbpFileName is the project file name, like "MyProg1.vbp", "MyProg2.vbp", etc.

Addicted Member

Thank you Eduardo ,

l am not at home at the moment . Will try it later on .

Addicted Member

Great , it works fine .

Thank you very much Eduardo