Thread: calender

calender

hi just wondering if anyone knows how to add a a reminder to a calendar

PowerPoster

Re: calender

Yes. If I'm confident in the details I'll use my trusty Pilot pen, but most of the time I just use a Bic pencil, since sometimes plans change.

Maybe you need to explain in further detail what, exactly, your goal is. Include products used (are you talking about a calendar in Outlook), and development details (are you trying to do this with a VB.Net executable, or with VBA code executed inside of Outlook), etc.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by OptionBase1 View Post
    Yes. If I'm confident in the details I'll use my trusty Pilot pen, but most of the time I just use a Bic pencil, since sometimes plans change.
    I tried that once with Google Calendar... now I have scratches on my phone...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by OptionBase1 View Post

Maybe you need to explain in further detail what, exactly, your goal is. Include products used (are you talking about a calendar in Outlook), and development details (are you trying to do this with a VB.Net executable, or with VBA code executed inside of Outlook), etc.

Good luck.
    yhh basically it’s in vb.net and i’ve used the month calendar from the toolbox but i’m not sure how to add reminders onto certain dates. any help would be much appreciated

I can see this going a number of ways... in an effort to head that off, I'm going to ask a number of questions:
    1) What did the documentation tell you?
    2) You do realize the control (if it's the one I'm thinking of) is primarily for input, not for displaying months, right?
    3) You know it will be up to YOU to to store the schedule info, the calendar isn't going to do that for you, not matter what control you use?
    4) Forgetting the how, WHAT is the end goal here? What is it you're trying to accomplish?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *