Thread: Add Video, Textboxes and Button To Web Browser?

Hyperactive Member

Add Video, Textboxes and Button To Web Browser?

Hello I am trying to figure out how I can add a video as well as textboxes to a web browser control.
    I want to display a Video and also some textboxes so the user can submit data with a button press.

I am assuming that we don't use the windows media player control or a picturebox since it is a web browser object, so what do we use instead?
    Also the same thing for the textboxes and command button, what do we use instead of the usual controls?

Thanks for your help

PowerPoster

Re: Add Video, Textboxes and Button To Web Browser?

The webbrowser control is used to display a web page. If you want a Textbox, a picture, or a video (or other content or controls) to be displayed inside of the webbrowser control, then you would use the appropriate methods to navigate the webbrowser control to the web page that will display the desired content. Of course, you would need to also have the web page properly coded (and hosted somewhere) in order to be able to display the desired content.

Maybe you need to better explain what exactly your end goal is.

Hyperactive Member

Ok Thanks well what I am after is kind of like a WYSIWYG web page design where there is some HTML text, a video and under the video (in the web content) there is text fields for user data, for example first name and email address and of course a web button to submit the user data.. I was thinking of doing it like you said outside of the web browser control but then I was thinking how it makes more sense to just create it like other web pages so I can have some more freedom when designing it. Basically it would look better as it all gels together and looks like a regular capture page on the web. Hope this clarifies what I was trying to do. Sorry I did not make it clearer in the first post.

Thanks

It doesn’t have to navigate to an online webpage. You can create your own local page with html and css on your pc...