Thread: Sending folder with files, to a remote ip address machine

Sending folder with files, to a remote ip address machine

Dear VBForumers,

I am looking to make a sub folder, which is called: User101 or something like that, even. Then move a xlsx file from the root site of the disk drive, to the location of the recently created folder, called: User101. Or then actually I am looking to have the folder, to be made from the following TextBox.Text string data from the very same app, that is moving the workbook, to the specified location, then so.

Something like this below in my code brackets, but then more specific, even...
    Code:
    MkDir (TextBox.Text)
    Winsock1.Data = TextBox.Text, Folder
    FileCopy = F:\ TextBox.Text ".xlsx"
    !! Thanks in advance !!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

PowerPoster

Re: Sending folder with files, to a remote ip address machine

What you have in your code brackets is not even remotely close. MKDir and Filecopy work on your local machine or LAN they are not for doing operations on remote machines. It seems you want to do this with winsock which means you need a client server approach one program on one pc and the other on the target pc, you would then use winsock to send a binary data stream between the two and recreate the file on the remote side. You would also need to first send some info about the file, size, name, target location and so on and if you actually want to do a folder then you would also include info about the folder, name, location, number of files and such. A lot more code that you have there and a lot different.

Can you do some source code for m, please???

!! Thanks in advance !!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

The Idiot

my advice is to learn about "client" and "server" chat. theres source examples you can study.
    when you know how 2 machines can communicate using winsock, we can start the discussion of remote control.
    Last edited by baka; Oct 11th, 2020 at 09:01 PM.

what is that meant to be, I meant by saying about remove control

The Idiot

remote control is an "advanced" client/server chat program. if you learn about that you know how to control your remote computer.
    Last edited by baka; Oct 12th, 2020 at 05:33 PM.

okay then

I also want to keep my functional file size of 10 Bytes using my encryption tech and keep that for each user mounted data volume disk space. like eg: F:\Usr\HelloUser\Blah.dcr, for example, so then if you get my drift, even

Also:
    F:\Usr\HelloUser is only able to navigate using the master sub folder, and then not to move up or down, the network disk, like so. Then you are only allowed to move into the mounted data volume, that the server provided to you. I am giving the Server volume of 10Bytes and then that would be able to then be about 100Gb, so then. I don't want to loose my disk quota, even in that respect.

But then I don't think that anyone should have complete control of a server, it being an admin machine and then for some reason being controlled by a client machine, even

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    I also want to keep my functional file size of 10 Bytes using my encryption tech and keep that for each user mounted data volume disk space. like eg: F:\Usr\HelloUser\Blah.dcr, for example, so then if you get my drift, even
    I think you mean fictional don't you

not quite

The Idiot

it sounds more like a trojan program that takes control over the remote machine.

well, it all depends whats the purpose of this.
    u also need to know the remote computer operative system and have administrative rights. and that person allow you to take control of his own machine.
    if this is about installing a server where people are only allowed to login as guests or with lower privileges, its easier to setup this on location.
    theres a lot of remote access software, already made that u can use instead of making one yourself.

to make a good remote access software is hard and u need a lot of knowledge of that system.
    knowledge you need, so not only u need to learn how the "simple" chat/server works, and make it like a ftp/vpn and automatized,
    but you also need to learn the system, how to add/edit/remove users, lock folders, etc.

are you really up to the task?

I just want to make, copy, move and delete, open and also save to their folders and their files, at that. That's all, not a trojan to it, then

The Idiot

as I told, first u learn a chat program.
    after that u create a "bot", meaning, the other side can be controlled with "commands"
    like "@login mypassword"
    that will allow you to use the "bot" and will grant u access to its menu.
    after that all the commands u need, example:
    "@info" that will return the information of that machine to u,
    "@createuser username" to create a new user, etc.

so, its all about communication between your computer and the other.
    of course, u can remove the "chat-window" and use "commands" that u send to that server, but in the end its like a chat/server with a bot.

another thing is the "protocol", like everything it need a syntax to know how to communicate, like HTTP has commands, your "chat" need it as well.
    it can be simple or advanced, encrypted or whatever u want and need.

I see

PowerPoster

from what i understand this is just a server on a lan, with a mapped drive
    if this is the case and the user has access then it is just like working on the local machine with file i/o

i don't see any requirement to use winsock or anything other than vb built in file copy functions or possibly FSO
    but after three and a half thousand posts here, i am not sure why you should even need to ask, unless there is some hidden agenda i am not seeing
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Well the mounted user data is on the partitions of the U:\ drive, being yoU hence the word You. However the user can't get past their drive partition and then not anywhere else, than that, even so like it

PowerPoster

your program should be able to do whatever the user can do from within explorer, if they can not create or copy a folder to the drive then your program will not be able to either

you will need to get the user permissions on the server changed to allow the required access
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Is this a public application or for internal usage on a local network?

It's mainly remote data IT and also a domain, even