Thread: Windows Forms Font Problem

Windows Forms Font Problem

Hello
    I am coding an application and while I am selecting fonts for controls, labels, etc, only truetype fonts show up and when I created a registry entry impersonating a truetype font it gives me an error taht says that only truetype fonts are supported. If there is a workaround I would like to know and no, font format converters do not work as I am distributing this and they don't scale properly at different sizes and DPI scaling. If there is n workaround tell me another framework like windows forms so I can use it instead.

Isaac

Re: Windows Forms Font Problem

The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)

Re: Windows Forms Font Problem

A "framework" which works with OTF files in Visual Studio is WPF (actually part of the dotnet framework).

It's possible to transplant individual bits of OTF-based text into a Windows.Form using the Form's ElementHost control, but I doubt if that will satisfy your need for a high quality product. The hosted controls can be made interactive using PropertyTranslators. It seems to me, however, that the effort would be better spent on learning to make a GUI design in WPF from the outset.

BB